Page 16 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826661165161016 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 39058
  1. #301
    Not sure if that is what they had in mind, but this will be #300 with this post.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not sure if that is what they had in mind, but this will be #300 with this post.
    NEAT-O!!! (My Dad used to say that sometimes, it was probably something from the 50's generation.) 300 posts in 3 days, and on a holiday weekend at that. Not bad!

    And good call on the soy over Cornell. I predict soy by 27.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Why doesn't Bostondevil offer a prize for the most meaningless post in this thread? Maybe a nice car, perhaps a 3 series, or a back rub. But the post has to contain exactly 41 words and reference cars and back rubs.
    Ding, ding, ding. You win a back rub. I'm saving the car for later.

    I punted on the cupcakes and only made 4 desserts. People brought stuff though so there was no shortage of sugar. There were 2 scotch drinkers still here at midnight. All in all a good party. This morning church, the Christmas brunch while the kids rehearsed the pageant (I'm responsible for King Herod, Melchior, and a Roman soldier) all of that followed by a 6 mile run. Thanks for being so busy in my absense.

    Now off for a bit of Christmas shopping. Santa is done but my parents and husband deserve a little something.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Now off for a bit of Christmas shopping. Santa is done but my parents and husband deserve a little something.
    I tried to go yesterday, but way too many people out and about. The line of cars was nearly a mile away from the North Shore mall. Everyone will have to be happy with what I have on hand for them.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL

    Back rub!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. You win a back rub. I'm saving the car for later . . .
    Sweet! I'm so looking forward to the back rub!

    It's almost 6:00 pm here and I'm trying to decide if I should drink wine tonight. This morning I vowed (silently) to go on the wagon. But now that doesn't seem like such a good idea.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Now off for a bit of Christmas shopping. Santa is done but my parents and husband deserve a little something.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I tried to go yesterday, but way too many people out and about. The line of cars was nearly a mile away from the North Shore mall. Everyone will have to be happy with what I have on hand for them.
    I found the best time to shop in the greater Boston area on a Sunday around Christmas, is during a Patriots game. Everyone is home watching the game thus no traffic.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I walked down to the local bookstore (no driving or parking) and took care of some of the shopping. I'll get up early tomorrow and hit either Chestnut Hill Mall or Newton Centre, Pier 1 Imports can bail me out, I'm sure.

    Miss the Pats game!?! Are you kidding me?

    Brady or Manning?

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yeah, I know, I'm posting during a Pats game. I've decided Brady isn't going to throw number 49 with me watching today so I'm giving him the last 5 minutes to do it without me.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mixed marketing message:

    Well, for background I own and still use a Palm (Tungsten E2), an iPod(30GB Video model), and a cellphone(Nokia 6030, a nice candy bar style model). I am hoping to replace all three with one device, but that isn't happening after several weeks of research. The best I can really do is get rid of two of the three. Which should I get rid of? Of the objects, the Palm is the oldest(2+ years)the cellphone the next oldest(1 year) and the iPod was purchased in May of this year. I use the Palm to edit Excel spreadsheets, but I recently moved to Office 2007 and I need to upgrade some software.

    So how does this all lead to a mixed marketing message? Palm has the Centro which looks somewhat similar to my current phone and has the Palm functionality that I am used to, but all the ads seem to feature teen and pre-teen girls using the red model. BTW, yes, I am a 30+ male. Should I even consider this product? Even if it meets all my needs?
    Say it with me -- Windows Mobile.

    Personally, I'm lusting after the eTEN Glofiish M800, but at $800 list price, it's not likely. My old T-Mobile SDA is falling apart so I'll probably go with the Pantech Duo -- it's a candy-bar like phone, but dual slider to get a 10-key phone pad the long way, or pull out a full keyboard horizontally, and the screen rotates to landscape. It's got the Windows Mobile 6 operating system, so you'd have Office 2007 compatibility as well.

    Depending on who your carrier is, I'd also look at the Sprint Mogul, the Sprint Touch, the Samsung i706 (I think), and the Moto q9h.

    Throw in a 6GB MicroSD card and you've almost got the complete package (can't store *all* your music and video, but just have a spare SD card and swap out as needed.)

    Actually, if the mothership didn't require a WM phone in order to get access to work email/calendar/contacts, I'd probably (gasp) get an iPhone, just for the sheer style factor. Palm, imo, is a company going nowhere fast.
    Last edited by DevilAlumna; 12-23-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: homonym confusion

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    Go dores!

    Oh, and

    Vandy, Vandy, oh, hell, yeah!


    (they don't have any sort of creativity with their cheers there, but they do throw one heck of a tailgate for football games.)

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    Feeling in the Holiday Spirit

    We just got back from the Pacific Northwest Ballet Company's version of The Nutcracker. I haven't seen it since I was a little girl; watching it again was almost like being transported back to age 8, when I so desperately wanted to be a ballerina.

    It was nice to be out where everyone was dressed in their finest (Seattle's usually a jeans & fleece sort of crowd), and to watch parents delight their kids by taking them to a very special event.

    Now the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies music will run in my head for the next 10 days, but there are worse things to get stuck. ; )

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, I know, I'm posting during a Pats game. I've decided Brady isn't going to throw number 49 with me watching today so I'm giving him the last 5 minutes to do it without me.
    Your Pats fanhood has just been revoked.(j/k)

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Say it with me -- Windows Mobile.

    Personally, I'm lusting after the eTEN Glofiish M800, but at $800 list price, it's not likely. My old T-Mobile SDA is falling apart so I'll probably go with the Pantech Duo -- it's a candy-bar like phone, but dual slider to get a 10-key phone pad the long way, or pull out a full keyboard horizontally, and the screen rotates to landscape. It's got the Windows Mobile 6 operating system, so you'd have Office 2007 compatibility as well.

    Depending on who your carrier is, I'd also look at the Sprint Mogul, the Sprint Touch, the Samsung i706 (I think), and the Moto q9h.

    Throw in a 6GB MicroSD card and you've almost got the complete package (can't store *all* your music and video, but just have a spare SD card and swap out as needed.)

    Actually, if the mothership didn't require a WM phone in order to get access to work email/calendar/contacts, I'd probably (gasp) get an iPhone, just for the sheer style factor. Palm, imo, is a company going nowhere fast.
    Looks like I need to do a little more research! And yes, I have a spreadsheet comparing all the models and the resulting Total Cost of Ownership over a two year contract period. I have some employer discounts that make Sprint really attractive($250 cheaper over the two years) and I have always been an expense minimizer.

  14. #314
    alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham-- 2 miles from Cameron, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Palm, imo, is a company going nowhere fast.
    I by and large agree with this, but the the Treo series from Palm still has a lot of life in it. And it doesn't look like something targeted to a tween. In fact, Jack Bauer uses one. ;-)

    There is now a WM version. I use the Palm version, and I haven't yet checked into it, but I would assume that Palm has made a relatively clean upgrade path. Obviously it would have pretty good access to your Office Apps.

    BTW, my next phone choice appears to be migrating to the WM Treo or getting a iPhone.

  15. #315
    Palm = Elevation Capital Partners cash investment of $325 million

    Elevation has some really bright guys(you can say that about many of the Silicon Valley funds) but in particular Roger McNamee. They have also hired some pretty good people from Apple(in particular, former Apple product guru Jonathan Rubinstein, more instrumental in iMac and iPod than iPhone). So, while they may never dominate the market, I don't think they are going out of business any time soon.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We're slowing down but it is Christmas Eve.

    So, to all the peeps who celebrate - Merry Christmas!

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brevard

    I wonder where my santa is...

    I drew up a devil santa for the home page and sent it into the powers that be... It sure would be appropriate... maybe tomorrow...


    Season's Greetings to all...keep typing...

  18. #318
    Yes, a Happy Holidays to all!

    Woohoo, I've got another thread going without any replies! Inconsequence and irrelevance here I come! (Oh wait, I am already there!)

    Darn, someone posted a reply...have to find another meaningless topic.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 12-24-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Someone replied

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brevard

    Who is..

    Who out there is staying home for Christmas? Just curioius.
    I am for one...and it's great. No travel hassles, worries, etc.
    We resisted the pressure this year!!!! Is there a medal for that?

  20. #320
    I am also. Been home a lot in the last two years. Decided to have a little time to myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •