Page 1595 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 59510951495154515851593159415951596159716051645169520952595 ... LastLast
Results 31,881 to 31,900 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    In celebration of Autumn, I present my "Spring Project". Finally competed this weekend... delayed due to the pandemic and the sudden loss (non-COVID) of a sibling helpmate.

Attachment 11588

Attachment 11587
    Condolences on your loss and fantastic project BlueTeuf.

In celebration of Autumn, I present my "Spring Project". Finally competed this weekend... delayed due to the pandemic and the sudden loss (non-COVID) of a sibling helpmate.

Attachment 11588

Attachment 11587
    Sorry for your loss, BT.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

Very nice, did you do all the framing yourself? Any plans to stain it, etc.?

I have a small shed I really need to finish.
    Yes - and yes! Staining will await the far side of winter ...an inevitability driven by my unforeseen delays. Will also paint the door - and add the circa-1885 windows my wife is re-glazing (picked up from an architectural salvage store).

Framing is post and beam - all notches done by yours truly. Photo sequence for the uninitiated...

20200705_110347.jpg

20200705_111430.jpg

20200705_112638.jpg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Attachment 11588

Attachment 11587
    Sending you my condolences as well.

Seems like a bit of a wonky transition but, that is a beautiful shed - well done!

And now Delta is official. Looks like Gamma is going to keep it away from Central Texas and make it a LA, MS event.
    The Drewsk thinks there is still a chance for Theta. He's rooting for it. He doesn't like them to do destruction but he loves a good storm. (He was very happy that the storm surge from Laura was mostly dissipated over marshland. A last minute turn in the trajectory saved thousands of lives and hundreds of millions of dollars.)

Attachment 11588

Attachment 11587
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Yes - and yes! Staining will await the far side of winter ...an inevitability driven by my unforeseen delays. Will also paint the door - and add the circa-1885 windows my wife is re-glazing (picked up from an architectural salvage store).

Framing is post and beam - all notches done by yours truly. Photo sequence for the uninitiated...

20200705_110347.jpg

20200705_111430.jpg

20200705_112638.jpg
    I'm adding another stop to my post-pandemic DBR tour! I would love to spend some time helping with a project - I would learn a lot!

I want one of those sheds! I'll bet that would be a great place for my husband to hide from me when I get that "let's go to the dump" look in my beady eye...and anyone who makes any attempt at drollery by quizzing if that is a euphemism will be summoned to the principal's office.

And by now, Blue Teuf, I am sure you have toasted/saluted your sibling in that beautiful shed. That's a tough blow. We are all thinking of you here.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by blueteuf View Post
    yes - and yes! Staining will await the far side of winter ...an inevitability driven by my unforeseen delays. Will also paint the door - and add the circa-1885 windows my wife is re-glazing (picked up from an architectural salvage store).

20200705_110347.jpg

20200705_111430.jpg

20200705_112638.jpg
    great notch...the old fashioned way

Condolences on the loss of your sibling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Condolences on your loss and fantastic project BlueTeuf.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sorry for your loss, BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sending you my condolences as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

And by now, Blue Teuf, I am sure you have toasted/saluted your sibling in that beautiful shed. That's a tough blow. We are all thinking of you here.
    You are all so very kind. It's been a tough go - a selfish sentiment, as so many have suffered much more than me.

The shed project has brought me satisfaction and some measure of healing. I should and will toast my brother from the back porch of "Shangri-shed". Thank you for the nudge, Weezie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Drewsk thinks there is still a chance for Theta. He's rooting for it. He doesn't like them to do destruction but he loves a good storm. (He was very happy that the storm surge from Laura was mostly dissipated over marshland. A last minute turn in the trajectory saved thousands of lives and hundreds of millions of dollars.)
    Delta is going to keep the heat here in Texas. We may have record high temps this weekend as it passes through to the east of us.

a lot of wood products have been in short supply this summer due to bored homeowners needing to do something...pressure treated lumber has been hard to find, basic spruce, etc for home building also in short supply, prices not helped by tariffs on lumber from our Canadian friends...did The Shed have trouble getting lumber...(nationally, a lot of basic wood products have doubled in price)...

The season's first pot of wilson's 12-hour chili is underway. Using some of my Hatch chilis in it this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    a lot of wood products have been in short supply this summer due to bored homeowners needing to do something...pressure treated lumber has been hard to find, basic spruce, etc for home building also in short supply, prices not helped by tariffs on lumber from our Canadian friends...did The Shed have trouble getting lumber...(nationally, a lot of basic wood products have doubled in price)...
    I was lucky. Project was planned last summer to commence in the spring. I used non-dimensional, rough cut timbers/planks for everything but the platform and substructure. A local sawmill delivered my order last November and it was stickered and stacked to continue drying over the winter.

The ground contact and substructure lumber is pressure-treated. I had that delivered in early May and the price was up ~15% over what I priced in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The season's first pot of wilson's 12-hour chili is underway. Using some of my Hatch chilis in it this time around.
    Let Russ Cook!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Let Russ Cook!
    Gettin’ there.
    5C293950-3241-4D6C-9BF0-2D7A01533C5A.jpg

And now Delta is official. Looks like Gamma is going to keep it away from Central Texas and make it a LA, MS event.
    BD - Does the Drewsk have any info on Delta? Can he make it move so it doesn't hit New Orleans and by tomorrow? Co-worker's son just found out the hotel for his 10/10 wedding reception will decide tomorrow if the reception will happen. Any help he can give to move the storm away from NOLA or, better yet, make is a much less severe storm would be greatly appreciated.

This is what he is studying to do, right?

BD - Does the Drewsk have any info on Delta? Can he make it move so it doesn't hit New Orleans and by tomorrow? Co-worker's son just found out the hotel for his 10/10 wedding reception will decide tomorrow if the reception will happen. Any help he can give to move the storm away from NOLA or, better yet, make is a much less severe storm would be greatly appreciated.

Ugh, yeah, Delta went to Cat 4 mighty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Which is why the Amish farmer that owns the woods behind our property did some selective harvesting earlier in the year.

According to the Drewsk, yes, Delta is big storm likely to hit Louisiana hard. And unfortunately, he says that he will not be able to move storms himself until he after his thesis defense in a couple of years but he is willing to speak to his advisor.

Sending good wishes and anti-storm vibes to your co-worker's son.