Page 1588 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 58810881488153815781586158715881589159015981638168820882588 ... LastLast
Results 31,741 to 31,760 of 67238
    Our vacuum cleaner recently crapped out after only 11 years. It really irritated my wife because she never got a chance to use it.

I trie to get a trade-in for a newer model, but no one wanted her.
    Last edited by TruBlu; 09-28-2020 at 06:32 AM.

I've got a few cars nearly that old. (51 years)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've got a few cars nearly that old. (51 years)
    They've also been for the most part, extensively rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    ...I trie to get a trade-in for a newer model, but no one wanted her.
    Ba-de-bump-bump cymbal crash. Groan...

Seeing as how I'm certifiable, I have two Electrolux models that are 39 and 35 years old. Going strong albeit with a few trips to store for preventative maintenance. It's because I'm crazy.

Now let's talk assorted shop vacs! We once drove through Ohio and saw the sign for the Vacuum Cleaner Museum. I still regret not taking that detour.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Now let's talk assorted shop vacs! We once drove through Ohio and saw the sign for the Vacuum Cleaner Museum. I still regret not taking that detour.
    Why did no one tell me about this when I lived near the 'nati?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is all this appliance talk coded 'kids these days' griping? Like, kids these days may be prettier than we were but they're less practical, don't work as well as hard or as long, break down every few years and can only be helped by specialty professionals?

I have a pair of Duke mesh shorts that I got my freshman year. Probably at The Duck Shop on Ninth, though I think they were still going by their other name at the time. That makes them 31 years old. And they still fit, albeit they are short on thigh length. I'm still trying to figure out if I can work them in to a conversation, "Well, I've got shorts older than you."

Toaster worked fine on the pop tarts this morning.

I have a pair of Duke mesh shorts that I got my freshman year. Probably at The Duck Shop on Ninth, though I think they were still going by their other name at the time. That makes them 31 years old. And they still fit, albeit they are short on thigh length. I'm still trying to figure out if I can work them in to a conversation, "Well, I've got shorts older than you."
    My high school basketball team had short shorts that were replaced the year after I graduated. I felt like a Solid Gold dancer in those shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I felt like a Solid Gold dancer in those shorts.
    Marilyn McCoo went to the same high school as my father.

Weezie - I still love you but I'm pretty ticked at your Lions right now. What were they thinking - actually winning a game? Knocked me out of Survival Football, darn them.

Other than that, I'm happy for you.

I have the greatest pair of gym shorts ever, a knit pair from the University Store bought no later than 1988. I would still be wearing them regularly except the elastic dry-rotted, and I have not yet figured out how to replace it. I WILL do it, though. BEST shorts ever!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Weezie - I still love you but I'm pretty ticked at your Lions right now. What were they thinking - actually winning a game? Knocked me out of Survival Football, darn them.

Other than that, I'm happy for you.
    I don't blame you in the slightest. And we Detroiters have decades of being ticked at the Lion. Over on the NFL thread I complained that all they ever do is get one unlikely win and guarantee a lesser draft pick.
    I'd much rather you still be kicking it in the Survivor contest.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Holy heck, the stink bugs are epic this year. Add the Spotted Lantern Flies and the yellow jackets getting drunk on my dogwood berries into the mix and there's just little bugs flying/hopping around everywhere right now.

No stink bugs here. But if you want pollen, we've got that...

No stink bugs here. But if you want pollen, we've got that...
    Yellow jackets are one of many critters that go after my kousa dogwood berries...

raccoon.jpg

Probiotics? Yay or nay?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Probiotics? Yay or nay?
    I don't know enough about them to have an opinion. Sorry.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Peeps - candy or not candy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Peeps - candy or not candy?
    Careful. An answer here might also apply to the "marshmallow" conundrum.

Seasonal confection...