Page 1584 of 2323 FirstFirst ... 5841084148415341574158215831584158515861594163416842084 ... LastLast
Results 31,661 to 31,680 of 46453
  1. #31661
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Also a candy? According to my dear mother, yes. As a wee youngster, I gave up candy for Lent one year. To my chagrin, I was denied marshmallows - ergo they are candy.

    Couldn't have marzipan either.
    But what about cotton candy?

  2. #31662
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    "candy corn" is neither candy, nor corn. Discuss.

  3. #31663
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    New York Magazine published an article on marzipan in February. They call it a candy. There are some good pictures of a variety of marzipan styles to accompany the article.

    https://nymag.com/strategist/article...ndy-trend.html

  4. #31664
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "candy corn" is neither candy, nor corn. Discuss.
    Eat too much on a hot day and ride your bike over 50 miles is not a combination - based on Nephew Mike's testing of these parameters.

  5. #31665
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I tend to buy one small box of fruit shaped marzipan at Christmas time. I don't eat a lot of it, but Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without at least a couple of pieces of marzipan shaped like an orange or a strawberry.

  6. #31666
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "candy corn" is neither candy, nor corn. Discuss.
    It's like butter!

    Actually, that one is clear cut to me, candy corn is candy.

  7. #31667
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's like butter!

    Actually, that one is clear cut to me, candy corn is candy.
    I think it is more akin to a candle than a candy.

  8. #31668
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think it is more akin to a candle than a candy.
    From the googles.

    Candy corn isn't just sugar. It's actually made up of several ingredients, including sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, salt, dextrose, gelatin, sesame oil, artificial flavor, honey, yellow 6, yellow 5, and red 3. It also contains gelatin, a protein made from animal parts like hides and bones.


    EWWWWwwwwwie!

  9. #31669
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    From the googles.

    Candy corn isn't just sugar. It's actually made up of several ingredients, including sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, salt, dextrose, gelatin, sesame oil, artificial flavor, honey, yellow 6, yellow 5, and red 3. It also contains gelatin, a protein made from animal parts like hides and bones.


    EWWWWwwwwwie!
    so . . . congealed bone broth in sugar soup?

  10. #31670
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    From the googles.

    Candy corn isn't just sugar. It's actually made up of several ingredients, including sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, salt, dextrose, gelatin, sesame oil, artificial flavor, honey, yellow 6, yellow 5, and red 3. It also contains gelatin, a protein made from animal parts like hides and bones.


    EWWWWwwwwwie!
    Yum!

  11. #31671
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think it is more akin to a candle than a candy.
    Retweet. I canít stand the stuff.

  12. #31672
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Retweet. I canít stand the stuff.
    My first candy overdose as a kid, copious hurling, haven't gone near the stuff ever since.

  13. #31673
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My first candy overdose as a kid, copious hurling, haven't gone near the stuff ever since.
    First? There were others?

  14. #31674
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    First? There were others?
    good question, maybe others were simply overindulgences.

    I have thought about The Olde Candy Days...lots of loose candy in bags, and how 'bout them big waxed lips and other gross formats? The somewhat pointless Colored Dots on a Strip of Paper (odd sugar delivery system). No wrappers at all. Pick your nose then pick your candy! Builds a nice immune system.

  15. #31675
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    good question, maybe others were simply overindulgences.

    I have thought about The Olde Candy Days...lots of loose candy in bags, and how 'bout them big waxed lips and other gross formats? The somewhat pointless Colored Dots on a Strip of Paper (odd sugar delivery system). No wrappers at all. Pick your nose then pick your candy! Builds a nice immune system.
    And we are back to the "eating batter/dough" discussion.

  16. #31676
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    One of the local theaters has a yearly short play festival that I participate in. (Side note: probably won't happen this coming year.) It has become a tradition to bring something that falls into the "I dare you to eat that" category. We've had pumpkin pie soda and birthday cake Oreos, among other choices. The guy who produces the festival is unflappable. He'll try anything and usually says whatever is on offer is either "Good" or "OK". We finally cracked him though a couple of years ago with . . .

    peanut butter candy corn.

    I brought the peanut butter candy corn to the event and it has become the standard for "I dare you to eat that" disgusting.

  17. #31677
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My first candy overdose as a kid, copious hurling, haven't gone near the stuff ever since.
    Similar experience in '78. We were at the Defense Language Institute in Monterrey, before we went to Germany. Went to Fort Ord to visit family friends, I'm not sure how big the bag was, but I ate it all.

  18. #31678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    But what about cotton candy?

    I like the airy goodness of cotton candy.

  19. #31679
    Man, this is one of those days.

    Was thinking of bagging my camping trip tomorrow but now I need it desperately.

  20. #31680
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And we are back to the "eating batter/dough" discussion.
    I succumbed to temptation this morning. I also forgot to grease the pan, not good.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •