Page 158 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 581081481561571581591601682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 67662
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    IIRC, during orientation, the Emory psych folks have a wonderful talk for the parents. NOT to be missed!
    I look forward to the psych talk! As long as they don't give me a sanity test!

Maybe we'll be able to meet on one of your return trips to Atlanta.

Snapple Fact

A dragonfly has 6 legs but can not walk.

Is it true? What proportion of the snapple "facts" are true?

(Spell checker wants to change snapple to snapper.)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Why hasn’t anyone built a live-action version of Chutes and Ladders? I’d be first in line to play.
    I studied abroad in France as a high schooler, about ten years ago. There was just such a live-action version, on a daily game show. I watched every day.

Smile Welcome to Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I look forward to the psych talk! As long as they don't give me a sanity test!

Maybe we'll be able to meet on one of your return trips to Atlanta.
    Marshall Duke (nice last name) is known for giving one of the best talks to parents. From the freshmen advisor's perspective, I know that the incoming students have a whirlwind in store for them, but having the parents addressed by the psych folks makes things a lot easier for all of us. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the process, either before, during, or after the send off.

Judging from your posts, you'll probably want to spend some time in and around Lullwater.

While your daughter's getting used to things, you might try to rendez-vous with other members of the ATL DBR Mafia. Try the Vortex at Little Five Points. The best burgers and tots in town (relatively close to Emory), and an eclectic atmosphere.

Of course, if you'd like to contribute to devildeac's "Ymm, Beer" thread, go to the BrickstorePub in Decatur. Wilson knows all the good rib/barbecue places in town.

Is this your first, middle, or last kid send-off? Are you, gasp, reaching empty nestdom?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Aw, really? Maybe I'll catch you in posts to this thread!

This thread exploded today...mere suggestion that I might leave the scene seems to be beneficial. Oh and what are we going to do for 3k?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This thread exploded today...mere suggestion that I might leave the scene seems to be beneficial. Oh and what are we going to do for 3k?
    Wow, we are getting close, aren't we?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Post 3000? Wow. Whoever takes it better make it a good one! The pressure is on.

Which is why I will fold like a cheap suit and let someone else post it...maybe we should nominate someone? Or should it just happen?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Maybe it should just happen.

I'll do my best to steal it. Each time this ship steers into new numerical waters, I feel it's my duty and privilege to smash a metaphorical bottle across its figurative prow.

Smile Let billybreen post #3000

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Maybe it should just happen.
    Maybe billybreen will go AWOL again for three weeks, and then come back to post #3000.

I see in Business Week where Dell is trying to come out again with a competitor to the iPods.

Not a chance that billybreen goes in hiding again given THAT bit of news. I can hear him laughing all the way here.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Maybe billybreen will go AWOL again for three weeks, and then come back to post #3000.

I see in Business Week where Dell is trying to come out again with a competitor to the iPods.

Not a chance that billybreen goes in hiding again given THAT bit of news. I can hear him laughing all the way here.
    Hi-larious! Now that's what I call hubris.

Talking The sound of crickets in the background

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hi-larious! Now that's what I call hubris.
    I wonder when the next generation of Zunes will come out...

Question That's weird

On post 2952, billybreen quoted me. The weird thing is that in the quote, the number sign I used came out as a not equals symbol. What's up with this? Is it a bug or a feature with the software?

Thanks,
    Lavabe

On post 2952, billybreen quoted me. The weird thing is that in the quote, the number sign I used came out as a not equals symbol. What's up with this? Is it a bug or a feature with the software?

Thanks,
    Lavabe
    It looks like a number sign to me, though maybe it's a bit more slanted since characters in quotes are italicized.

I wanna hear more about Fish80's impending adjunct membership of the Atlanta Mafia. I am known among all of my friends as the guy who loves to show people around Atlanta, so I'd love to point you in a good direction or two. I suppose I'm also about to be the ranking Emory liaison around these parts, though as far as campus life, etc. is concerned, I'm probably not the person to ask, unless you want to know about campus life in Bowden Hall (the history/philosophy building) or Woodruff Library.

Thumbs up A loose connection still exists

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I wanna hear more about Fish80's impending adjunct membership of the Atlanta Mafia. I am known among all of my friends as the guy who loves to show people around Atlanta, so I'd love to point you in a good direction or two. I suppose I'm also about to be the ranking Emory liaison around these parts, though as far as campus life, etc. is concerned, I'm probably not the person to ask, unless you want to know about campus life in Bowden Hall (the history/philosophy building) or Woodruff Library.
    Hello adjuncthood!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Wilson, if you are around at all between August 21 and August 24, I'd love to meet with you and the Atlanta Mafia. PM me and I can give you contact info. I'm still not sure of the initiation protocol, but I've been assured that it does not involve branding.

Lavabe, this is my youngest, so we are close to an empty nest. My son is the oldest and he lives at home while attending a local college. He's on the 6 year plan, which may extend further.

lte

Marshall Duke (nice last name) is known for giving one of the best talks to parents. From the freshmen advisor's perspective, I know that the incoming students have a whirlwind in store for them, but having the parents addressed by the psych folks makes things a lot easier for all of us. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the process, either before, during, or after the send off.

Judging from your posts, you'll probably want to spend some time in and around Lullwater.

While your daughter's getting used to things, you might try to rendez-vous with other members of the ATL DBR Mafia. Try the Vortex at Little Five Points. The best burgers and tots in town (relatively close to Emory), and an eclectic atmosphere.

Of course, if you'd like to contribute to devildeac's "Ymm, Beer" thread, go to the BrickstorePub in Decatur. Wilson knows all the good rib/barbecue places in town.

Is this your first, middle, or last kid send-off? Are you, gasp, reaching empty nestdom?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Aaah, devildeac's "ymm, beer" thread. Has a very hoppy, err, happy ring to it.

lte

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Aaah, "empty nestdom." Yes, it is all as rumored to be, probably even better. When my wife's friends ask her if she misses the children, she either says, "what children?" or, "you gotta be kiddin' me."