Page 158 of 2715 FirstFirst ... 581081481561571581591601682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 54295
  1. #3141
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    IIRC, during orientation, the Emory psych folks have a wonderful talk for the parents. NOT to be missed!
    I look forward to the psych talk! As long as they don't give me a sanity test!

    Maybe we'll be able to meet on one of your return trips to Atlanta.

  2. #3142
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL

    Snapple Fact

    A dragonfly has 6 legs but can not walk.

    Is it true? What proportion of the snapple "facts" are true?

    (Spell checker wants to change snapple to snapper.)

  3. #3143
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Why hasnít anyone built a live-action version of Chutes and Ladders? Iíd be first in line to play.
    I studied abroad in France as a high schooler, about ten years ago. There was just such a live-action version, on a daily game show. I watched every day.

  4. #3144
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile Welcome to Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I look forward to the psych talk! As long as they don't give me a sanity test!

    Maybe we'll be able to meet on one of your return trips to Atlanta.
    Marshall Duke (nice last name) is known for giving one of the best talks to parents. From the freshmen advisor's perspective, I know that the incoming students have a whirlwind in store for them, but having the parents addressed by the psych folks makes things a lot easier for all of us. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the process, either before, during, or after the send off.

    Judging from your posts, you'll probably want to spend some time in and around Lullwater.

    While your daughter's getting used to things, you might try to rendez-vous with other members of the ATL DBR Mafia. Try the Vortex at Little Five Points. The best burgers and tots in town (relatively close to Emory), and an eclectic atmosphere.

    Of course, if you'd like to contribute to devildeac's "Ymm, Beer" thread, go to the BrickstorePub in Decatur. Wilson knows all the good rib/barbecue places in town.

    Is this your first, middle, or last kid send-off? Are you, gasp, reaching empty nestdom?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe

  5. #3145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Aw, really? Maybe I'll catch you in posts to this thread!

    This thread exploded today...mere suggestion that I might leave the scene seems to be beneficial. Oh and what are we going to do for 3k?

  6. #3146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This thread exploded today...mere suggestion that I might leave the scene seems to be beneficial. Oh and what are we going to do for 3k?
    Wow, we are getting close, aren't we?

  7. #3147
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Post 3000? Wow. Whoever takes it better make it a good one! The pressure is on.

  8. #3148
    Which is why I will fold like a cheap suit and let someone else post it...maybe we should nominate someone? Or should it just happen?

  9. #3149
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Maybe it should just happen.

  10. #3150
    I'll do my best to steal it. Each time this ship steers into new numerical waters, I feel it's my duty and privilege to smash a metaphorical bottle across its figurative prow.

  11. #3151
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile Let billybreen post #3000

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Maybe it should just happen.
    Maybe billybreen will go AWOL again for three weeks, and then come back to post #3000.

    I see in Business Week where Dell is trying to come out again with a competitor to the iPods.

    Not a chance that billybreen goes in hiding again given THAT bit of news. I can hear him laughing all the way here.

    Cheers,
    Lavabe

  12. #3152
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Maybe billybreen will go AWOL again for three weeks, and then come back to post #3000.

    I see in Business Week where Dell is trying to come out again with a competitor to the iPods.

    Not a chance that billybreen goes in hiding again given THAT bit of news. I can hear him laughing all the way here.
    Hi-larious! Now that's what I call hubris.

  13. #3153
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Talking The sound of crickets in the background

    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hi-larious! Now that's what I call hubris.
    I wonder when the next generation of Zunes will come out...

  14. #3154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Question That's weird

    On post 2952, billybreen quoted me. The weird thing is that in the quote, the number sign I used came out as a not equals symbol. What's up with this? Is it a bug or a feature with the software?

    Thanks,
    Lavabe

  15. #3155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    On post 2952, billybreen quoted me. The weird thing is that in the quote, the number sign I used came out as a not equals symbol. What's up with this? Is it a bug or a feature with the software?

    Thanks,
    Lavabe
    It looks like a number sign to me, though maybe it's a bit more slanted since characters in quotes are italicized.

  16. #3156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    I wanna hear more about Fish80's impending adjunct membership of the Atlanta Mafia. I am known among all of my friends as the guy who loves to show people around Atlanta, so I'd love to point you in a good direction or two. I suppose I'm also about to be the ranking Emory liaison around these parts, though as far as campus life, etc. is concerned, I'm probably not the person to ask, unless you want to know about campus life in Bowden Hall (the history/philosophy building) or Woodruff Library.

  17. #3157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Thumbs up A loose connection still exists

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I wanna hear more about Fish80's impending adjunct membership of the Atlanta Mafia. I am known among all of my friends as the guy who loves to show people around Atlanta, so I'd love to point you in a good direction or two. I suppose I'm also about to be the ranking Emory liaison around these parts, though as far as campus life, etc. is concerned, I'm probably not the person to ask, unless you want to know about campus life in Bowden Hall (the history/philosophy building) or Woodruff Library.
    Hello adjuncthood!

  18. #3158
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I wanna hear more about Fish80's impending adjunct membership of the Atlanta Mafia. I am known among all of my friends as the guy who loves to show people around Atlanta, so I'd love to point you in a good direction or two. I suppose I'm also about to be the ranking Emory liaison around these parts, though as far as campus life, etc. is concerned, I'm probably not the person to ask, unless you want to know about campus life in Bowden Hall (the history/philosophy building) or Woodruff Library.
    Wilson, if you are around at all between August 21 and August 24, I'd love to meet with you and the Atlanta Mafia. PM me and I can give you contact info. I'm still not sure of the initiation protocol, but I've been assured that it does not involve branding.

    Lavabe, this is my youngest, so we are close to an empty nest. My son is the oldest and he lives at home while attending a local college. He's on the 6 year plan, which may extend further.

  19. #3159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Marshall Duke (nice last name) is known for giving one of the best talks to parents. From the freshmen advisor's perspective, I know that the incoming students have a whirlwind in store for them, but having the parents addressed by the psych folks makes things a lot easier for all of us. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the process, either before, during, or after the send off.

    Judging from your posts, you'll probably want to spend some time in and around Lullwater.

    While your daughter's getting used to things, you might try to rendez-vous with other members of the ATL DBR Mafia. Try the Vortex at Little Five Points. The best burgers and tots in town (relatively close to Emory), and an eclectic atmosphere.

    Of course, if you'd like to contribute to devildeac's "Ymm, Beer" thread, go to the BrickstorePub in Decatur. Wilson knows all the good rib/barbecue places in town.

    Is this your first, middle, or last kid send-off? Are you, gasp, reaching empty nestdom?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Aaah, devildeac's "ymm, beer" thread. Has a very hoppy, err, happy ring to it.

  20. #3160
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Marshall Duke (nice last name) is known for giving one of the best talks to parents. From the freshmen advisor's perspective, I know that the incoming students have a whirlwind in store for them, but having the parents addressed by the psych folks makes things a lot easier for all of us. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the process, either before, during, or after the send off.

    Judging from your posts, you'll probably want to spend some time in and around Lullwater.

    While your daughter's getting used to things, you might try to rendez-vous with other members of the ATL DBR Mafia. Try the Vortex at Little Five Points. The best burgers and tots in town (relatively close to Emory), and an eclectic atmosphere.

    Of course, if you'd like to contribute to devildeac's "Ymm, Beer" thread, go to the BrickstorePub in Decatur. Wilson knows all the good rib/barbecue places in town.

    Is this your first, middle, or last kid send-off? Are you, gasp, reaching empty nestdom?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Aaah, "empty nestdom." Yes, it is all as rumored to be, probably even better. When my wife's friends ask her if she misses the children, she either says, "what children?" or, "you gotta be kiddin' me."

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •