Page 1576 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 57610761476152615661574157515761577157815861626167620762576 ... LastLast
Results 31,501 to 31,520 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I predicted that Duke would not play football this year. So far I’m right.
    There's a nostra damus jokes in here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just read in the AARP (geezer alert) magazine that pop tart technology came out of attempts to find a less slimy dogfood patty. Seriously. Make of that what you wish.
    The scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could they didn't stop to think whether they should!

Sigh, watched the first game start to finish but missed the first few minutes of today's game.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't feel like resurrecting the Tour de France thread but, OMG, was today a gut punch for a fan who hard fallen hard for Primoz Roglic this year. I just want to give him a hug! I'm completely depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't feel like resurrecting the Tour de France thread but, OMG, was today a gut punch for a fan who hard fallen hard for Primoz Roglic this year. I just want to give him a hug! I'm completely depressed.
    He had me at hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The individual time trial — “The Race Of Truth” as Phil Liggett often says — decided the tour emphatically today.

What a great TdF.

Why have I not been using a surfactant this whole time?

Major leak in living room ceiling from bathroom reno above. I'm so angry I'm nearly catatonic.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Major leak in living room ceiling from bathroom reno above. I'm so angry I'm nearly catatonic.
    Ugh, sorry. Not fun.

A brother had that recently. Fortunately it missed the grand piano by this much.

And the reno was after the fact.

-jk

Yuck, sorry that happened.

Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The individual time trial — “The Race Of Truth” as Phil Liggett often says — decided the tour emphatically today.

What a great TdF.
    I'm not a fan of having it be the last or the second to last stage though, even if having it last did give Greg LeMond a win. I prefer having it in the second week.

Today's stage win by Sam Bennett made up for some of yesterday's heartache. What a great points champion! What a great points competition! The KoM competition wasn't too shabby either.

Still smarting from that loss yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Still smarting from that loss yesterday.
    Next weekend, I may be back to two losses a Saturday.

Did Tom Petty have it right? Is it the hardest part?

Started the day bright and early swinging a metaphoric 2x4 between the eyes of the contractor.
    First, you have to get their attention.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Started the day bright and early swinging a metaphoric 2x4 between the eyes of the contractor.
    First, you have to get their attention.
    Depending upon hand size, a 2x6 may be more fun.

I've accomplished half of a huge task.