Page 1568 of 1614 FirstFirst ... 5681068146815181558156615671568156915701578 ... LastLast
Results 31,341 to 31,360 of 32265
  1. #31341
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Still no I-dear.

  2. #31342
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Where will a cat be when the lights go out?

  3. #31343
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where will a cat be when the lights go out?
    In the dark.

  4. #31344
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In the dark.
    I like it.

  5. #31345
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    How much does a pirate pay for corn?

  6. #31346
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How much does a pirate pay for corn?
    A buck an ear

  7. #31347
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How much does a pirate pay for corn?
    Buccaneer

  8. #31348
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A buck an ear
    Of course, DukeInKANSAS would know the pirate corn joke!

  9. #31349
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where will a cat be when the lights go out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In the dark.
    I figured that, with it being a cat, the correct response was under your feet.

  10. #31350
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Of course, DukeInKANSAS would know the pirate corn joke!
    We all have our talents. Mine is, apparently, corny jokes.

  11. #31351
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We all have our talents. Mine is, apparently, corny jokes.
    And I'll store that kernel of DIK knowledge away for later use!

  12. #31352
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    What's nice is that every year the state sends The Rover to individual towns, this big truck which will haul away paints, chemicals, all kinds of noxious crap...and I avail myself of that service once I notice the accumulation of nine year old paint cans.
    You just tell 'em what's in the can, and off it goes.
    I wish my state did that. I really need to reduce my inventory.

  13. #31353
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I wish my state did that. I really need to reduce my inventory.
    Agree. That's a nice service.

  14. #31354
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I wish my state did that. I really need to reduce my inventory.
    The local towns where I live all have "hazardous waste disposal" days at the the "transfer" station (called the "dump" in the old days), where you can bring used motor oil; old oil paints; and other hazardous chemicals that you no longer need to have at your house. Usually occurs two or three times per year and it's a good way to get rid of those old containers of stuff that you no longer want in your garage or basement.

  15. #31355
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    The local towns where I live all have "hazardous waste disposal" days at the the "transfer" station (called the "dump" in the old days), where you can bring used motor oil; old oil paints; and other hazardous chemicals that you no longer need to have at your house. Usually occurs two or three times per year and it's a good way to get rid of those old containers of stuff that you no longer want in your garage or basement.
    I'm fairly certain that the bigger cities around here do similarly. Unfortunately, I live in an unincorportaed part of the county so cannot partake. My taxes are considerably lower...so I guess the potentially toxic clutter* is the price I have to pay.

    *definite hyperbole

  16. #31356
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    My county has 7 day a week hazard stuff drop off. I guess that’s what I get for living in a way expensive place.

    -jk

  17. #31357
    Just realized today was my TV dump day. Whoopsies.

  18. #31358
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just realized today was my TV dump day. Whoopsies.
    Pre-Covid my employer hosted an electronics recycling day annually. Very convenient.

  19. #31359
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where will a cat be when the lights go out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In the dark.
    Schrödinger said it was light too, but wtf does he know?

  20. #31360
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Schrödinger said it was light too, but wtf does he know?
    Why did he choose a cat?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •