Page 156 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 561061461541551561571581662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 67416
    I don't have an iphone, so I'll just post whatever I want.

My blackberry is smart. I'm a big fan of maps, and blackberry maps is very cool.

The invisible dog fence guys all use blackberries with special dog fence software. A goldmine for RIM.

I have little use for dog fence software.

Verizon has been very good to me. It's the network.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Ohhhhhhh my God, I should *not* have looked at your homepage and caught up with former classmates via the interweb! I am seriously like the least successful Dukie ever. Not even "like", I am definitely the least successful Dukie, if you don't count people who have gone to prison, blown up a building, tried to kill the president, etc. I'm going to slink back to my anonymous mediocrity now, bye-bye, see ya later!
    It probably won't make you feel any better, but, to commiserate with you, I live with this guy http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/Walsworth/Group/Ron/Ron.html. Just for fun, the rest of you can google his name and the term 'stored light'.

My cell phone takes pictures! I don't know how to download them out of my cell phone of course, but it does take them!

There's the wonderful knitting blogger known as the Yarn Harlot. She once saw Greg Kinnear in an airport. She wanted to take a picture of him but didn't want to go through the whole annoying fan routine so she surreptiously snapped him on her cell. She then decided this activity should have a name, so, in honor of her first subject, to kinnear (verb) using your cell phone to snap a quick picture of someone, usually a celebrity, without their knowledge. I think it's a great term.

Here it is in a sentence. Instead of staring at Fabio, I should have kinneared him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It probably won't make you feel any better, but, to commiserate with you, I live with this guy http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/Walsworth/Group/Ron/Ron.html. Just for fun, the rest of you can google his name and the term 'stored light'.
    Kudos to Ron. Not only is that an impressive CV, but that's clearly a Mac sitting on his desk.

He's Mac and I'm PC. (It's all because of statistical software, particularly SAS. Maybe you can run SAS on Macs now but for a long time you couldn't.)

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Imagine devildeac posting 20 consecutive LTE posts from his iPhone.

That's the future I want.
    GREAT idea

lte

No, it's the future I want. Armed with an iPhone, a Dogfishhead Sampler, and two weekends at the beach, I think devildeac could pass you at the top.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Wow, scary thought...

lte

Oh, no, here he goes again...

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Kudos to Ron. Not only is that an impressive CV, but that's clearly a Mac sitting on his desk.
    So he's obviously been brainwashed then?

Hey colchar, heading up to Knutsford the first weekend in October ?

I own RIMM, got out of AAPL a long time ago...

In a drunken state of false bravado, I ventured over to the PP board and got sucked into an argument about racism or HIV or statistics, I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore.

Don't Go There! It's a Trap!

I've gotten sucked in there a few times myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    It's a Trap!

Just read the thread Fish, sigh, I'm a statistician at my day job. Correlation, by itself, NEVER proves causation. I don't know if it's still true but throughout the 1980s, 'original' NFL teams (not former AFL or expansion teams) winning the Super Bowl was highly correlated with stock market performance over the year. I think if the two variables you used were 'original team' and 'stock market finishes up for the year' the correlation coefficient was 1. I knew some stockbrokers who picked who to root for in the Super Bowl based on this fact. Sigh again.

I almost posted in that thread but then I resisted.

Ok, I posted anyway, I just didn't talk about the statistics.

Can hardly wait for BB's response.

For the technological Luddites, please define smartphone. What phones out there qualify as smartphones?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Well, until the 'soft went to a lamer naming convention, there did actually used to be a phone operating system known as Windows Mobile Smartphone, not to be confused with Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phone. They're now Windows Mobile Standard and Windows Mobile Professional, respectively. (With Windows Mobile Classic the OS for non-phone Pocket PCs.) But to answer your question, I guess I'd say, if you need a data plan for your phone to take advantage of all its features, it's a "smartphone."

I went with a "Standard" version (the Pantech Duo); Mr. DA with the Pro (touch-screen) version (HP iPAQ 910). We're both happy with our choices.

Let's see, I get my work mail account pushed to me on demand, it also syncs my calendar and contacts through Activesync. I also have Hotmail pushed to me on demand, and have WL instant messenger. I have a third e-mail account on the phone too, and could add a few more, but I don't get much mail on other accounts.

My must-have apps include SmartPhlow, a traffic map specific to the Seattle area; Audible for my audiobooks (until Zune gets it butt in gear on this front); Voice Command (push a button, and say, "Call [contact name]" and it dials, or "play U2" and my mp3's start to play on Windows Media Player); and my list of mobile web site favorites. On this new phone, I can switch to landscape view, which makes reading DBR forums much easier. Basically, it has enough stuff to keep me from otherwise wanting to take a laptop on short trips. (I get twitchy without connectivity for extended periods of time.)

Mr. DA's phone also has wi-fi and GPS, so he gets fun mapping capabilities. Some third parties (SPB stands out as a top contributor) have also made more apps for his version, including some pretty swanky homescreens w/ better-than-iPhone functionality/navigation.
    Last edited by DevilAlumna; 07-31-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: p.s. Oh, both of us also have cameras (1.3MP and 3MP) that can do video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    He's Mac and I'm PC. (It's all because of statistical software, particularly SAS. Maybe you can run SAS on Macs now but for a long time you couldn't.)
    I knew I liked you.

Too much adult conversation going on, must find a new thread

Aw, really? Maybe I'll catch you in posts to this thread!