Page 154 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 541041441521531541551561642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I have to admit, I've never really considered that possibility before. In my mind, the point of the duck (and thus the crux of the question) is that he/she is entirely non-utilitarian. The duck is just...there, doing ducky things and bringing little else to the table.
    I think that is the fallacy in the duck choice. If it just sits there doing duck things isn't realistic in the long run, just about any animal can be trained to do something...the ducks at the Peabody Hotel have been trained to walk down to the lobby.

http://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabod...body_ducks.cfm

There's no fallacy in the duck choice. It's my "Would you rather?", so I am the decider. How dare you.

Kudos from me too! Since you're now a big international star, are you going to pony up for some of us to come see it?
    Yes, I prefer window seats if possible and an airline that will serve me a margarita. Baby blublood will require a whole aisle to himself to wander freely in, and Mr. blublood wants to know if it can be a morning rather than an afternoon flight into Heathrow.

Seriously, congrats! That's tremendous news!

An earlier post linked to the Peabody ducks. Where can one find the pea brained ducks?

So my lady is coming in on Wednesday, to stay for about a week and a half. That's a good thing. But I'm cleaning my room before she gets here, That's a bad thing. It was/is really bad in there, even by my standards. And that's really bad. Someone come and help me?

Houston

Hey Wilson, how was your trip to Houston/San Antonia? If you already posted about your trip, let me know where so you don't have to re-post.

Tilly

I haven't posted, and you give me a good reason to waste a few more minutes in between cleaning (which is coming along, slowly but surely).

Texas was great. I flew into Houston on Thursday morning, where I never did a whole lot. My girlfriend and I did discover a couple of cool bars and spend some time cruising what I understand to be a "hip" area of Houston (I think that's what the kids are calling it these days). Other than that, she had a fair amount of work to do, although we got in some decent, ahem, quality time.

We proceeded to San Antonio on Friday morning. After arriving about midday, we spent much of the afternoon on the River Walk, which is definitely cool...unlike any other spot I've seen in any city, in that it's an urban "waterfront" in a non-coastal city. Anyway, we had a good happy hour of margaritas there and then we hopped into the car to drive northwest a bit to get to Helotes, site of John Floore's Country Store, where we saw some good live music. I had also run across a review of a supposedly outstanding burger joint out that way, Bobby J's. We had dinner there, and it was indeed outstanding. Saturday we got up and hit the Alamo, which, as many people will tell you, is underwhelming in stature. I was prepared for that, however, and I found the tour and grounds to be excellent. We did get the requisite "standing in front of the Alamo" pic, but it's currently trapped on her camera. I'll pass it along when she gets here. We then went to La Villita, an historic neighborhood with buildings converted into art galleries and such, where we poked around for a while before hitting the River Walk once more for Mexican food. We headed out late Saturday afternoon, with a stop on the north side of the city to grab beers with one of my Duke friends.

Saturday night, we arrived in Austin, where we met up with more of my Duke friends (this time, two of my best friends). We had bbq for dinner and then evening drinks on 6th Street at Ginger Man (an aside to the Atlanta Mafia: this is the only bar I've ever been to that even thinks about giving the Brick Store a run for its money). Sunday morning, we had brunch at Hoover's, already an Austin favorite of mine (best pancakes in the world?) and then we spent several hours around South Congress, cruising various shops and hanging out. I have a birthday coming up, and I had decided that I wanted the lady to get me a cowboy shirt, but we lucked out and found some deals, so she got me 3. Her birthday is a week and a half after mine, and I got her some vintage cowboy boots...a very successful trip.

From Austin, we proceeded back to Houston, where we just unwound. We had dinner with some (sort of distant, but very fun) relatives of hers on Monday night before I returned to Atlanta on Tuesday.

And that, my friends, is an exhaustive review of what I did. The trip was a blast, and yet more confirmation that she and I travel really well together (we also did Lexington, KY to New York City and back over New Year's...by car). Time will tell where we end up, but I'm still doing my darnedest to hang on to this one.

I have attached a pic for your viewing pleasure, from our night of honky tonkin' outside San Anton'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Where do you live wilson? If you were anywhere close I would have bartered with you, play with my three year old and I'll do some cleaning.

When I have London premiere of a full-length play, I will fly as many of you over as I can. If I hit the lottery between now and the end of September, I'll fly everybody over for Cloud 7.

In the meantime, there's another chance to see it stateside, New Hampshire, also in October.

You and your girl sure are cute and cute together.

Oh wait, you are part of the Atlanta mafia, aren't you? That's a little far for me to come clean your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Where do you live wilson? If you were anywhere close I would have bartered with you, play with my three year old and I'll do some cleaning.

...<snip>

Oh wait, you are part of the Atlanta mafia, aren't you? That's a little far for me to come clean your room.
    Go ahead BD. Make him an offer he can't refuse!

Phase 1 of Bedroom Reclamation is complete. Walter has been sniffing around all evening, wondering what all that brown stuff is where my clothes (and other sundries) used to be (I've been trying to explain that it's the floor). Phase 2, tomorrow, involves loads 4, 5, and 6 of laundry, the second round of folding, and closet reorganization (coupled with a slight reorganization of my dresser). Then, I will place my bed on a frame (getting it off the floor for the first time in three years) and slide a couple of bins of off-season clothes under it. Finally, I will place a rug on my floor, at which my room will actually look rather civilized, and my girlfriend might be willing to sleep in it.

I have attached a pic for your viewing pleasure, from our night of honky tonkin' outside San Anton'.
    Wow, Wilson -- nice baby blues! That *and* a bulldog? What a catch! Where were all you Atlanta DBR mafia guys when I was single?

Sounds like a very fun trip around Texas with your ladyfriend -- she buys you cool gifts and is a good travel companion? That's definitely two big plusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You and your girl sure are cute and cute together.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Wow, Wilson -- nice baby blues! That *and* a bulldog? What a catch! Where were all you Atlanta DBR mafia guys when I was single?
    Wilson, thanks for posting about your trip. I enjoyed reading about it.

To echo what BD and DA said about your girl, she is beautiful, and sounds like quite a catch. Hope things continue down the road of happiness for you two.

Good luck with the cleaning. Am sending good vibes your way that you get it all done before Miss Kentucky arrives.

She is beautiful! O.k., is it weird that all the women on this thread are commenting on how pretty wilson's girlfriend is and not about him?? Is it just that we feel weird saying stuff like that about our internet friend?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    She is beautiful! O.k., is it weird that all the women on this thread are commenting on how pretty wilson's girlfriend is and not about him?? Is it just that we feel weird saying stuff like that about our internet friend?
    Hey, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm perfectly to content to just be the dude on the right.

Hey, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm perfectly to content to just be the dude on the right.
    Does Wilson look like Vince Vaughn?

Exclamation A new ATL DBR Mafia member?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Does Wilson look like Vince Vaughn?
    Nah. Besides, in person, his character is much more like that of Ferris Bueller. Miss Kentucky is lucky to have found Wilson. He is one righteous dude!

Perhaps Fish80 could become a new member of the Atlanta DBR Mafia.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Nah. Besides, in person, his character is much more like that of Ferris Bueller. Miss Kentucky is lucky to have found Wilson. He is one righteous dude!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Ferris Bueller...I'll definitely take that! I don't think my mother would like that, though; as an educator of some 30 years, she hates that film.
    I don't really see the Vince Vaughn thing either. Shammrog, however commented upon becoming my Facebook friend that I look like Vince Neil.

You may all now resume talking about how wonderful and good looking I am, as well as how smokin' my girlfriend is.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    To be clear, Wilson's the one with the blue eyes and the bulldog...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Perhaps Fish80 could become a new member of the Atlanta DBR Mafia.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I would be honored to become a member of the Atlanta Mafia. Over the next four years, I expect to be visiting Atlanta several times a year. My Aunt's family is from Valdosta, is that near Atlanta?

In the interest of full disclosure, I rarely engage in criminal activities, and usually don't drink until after 5:00 pm, unless there's a reason to drink at lunch.

What is the Atlanta Mafia's take? Is it like tithing, 10%? And what is the induction ceremony? Preferably no branding involved.

Smile Let's make up some initiation rites

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I would be honored to become a member of the Atlanta Mafia. Over the next four years, I expect to be visiting Atlanta several times a year. My Aunt's family is from Valdosta, is that near Atlanta?

In the interest of full disclosure, I rarely engage in criminal activities, and usually don't drink until after 5:00 pm, unless there's a reason to drink at lunch.

What is the Atlanta Mafia's take? Is it like tithing, 10%? And what is the induction ceremony? Preferably no branding involved.
    I believe EarlJam can fill you in on what needs to be done. EarlJam is the all- knowing one.

IIRC, you have to post on the EK Forum something about whether or not the Wally Wade track should be removed.

I believe initiation involves Turner Stadium or Frankie's or the Brickstore Pub.

No branding is required ... if you have on possession a raccoon skull.

Cheers,
    Lavabe