Page 1536 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 53610361436148615261534153515361537153815461586163620362536 ... LastLast
Results 30,701 to 30,720 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The RV market is bananas right now too. My wife and I had to have our ducks in a row and really be ready to pounce when we found what we wanted.
    Picking up on Saturday!
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Just try to patent that...
    And for those that don't know about trying to patent a perpetual motoon machine, all the dxcitjng detals:

https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2011/10/1...tion/id=19828/

"But why do we need law pertaining to things that science says are impossible? Why do we need law pertaining to a perpetual motion machine?"

The RV market is bananas right now too. My wife and I had to have our ducks in a row and really be ready to pounce when we found what we wanted.
    Picking up on Saturday!
    Where are you off to first?

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    It's just that beer > Pop-Tarts.

True story. I hadn't had a Pop-Tart in maybe a year or more until last week. Then I had 2 in a span of 3 days because they were brought back up here. Strawberry both times, because they are superior. Un-toasted because I was driving. I think I may prefer them that way now.
    Debatable. But, we are also all about mashed potatoes around here, and mashed potatoes > beer. So. That's not the reason.

It's just that beer > Pop-Tarts.

True story. I hadn't had a Pop-Tart in maybe a year or more until last week. Then I had 2 in a span of 3 days because they were brought back up here. Strawberry both times, because they are superior. Un-toasted because I was driving. I think I may prefer them that way now.
    I revived the Pop Tart commentary the other day — after being inspired by reading the original few posts from way back on December 20, 2007 — in an attempt to help pad the numbers. Okay, I really just wanted to talk about Pop Tarts, but still.

Maybe bring back the “West Side Story” hate? I’m just riffing here so don’t expect genius.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I plan to quit my job as a lawyer and become a professional omeletteer. My wife thinks I am kidding. Never been more serious.
    How’s that working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Never pulled the trigger, but should have. Gotta be more fun that what I have waiting for me at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Eggcellently?

From the WTF?!? file today . . .

https://abc11.com/business/kfc-drops...emic-/6386891/

Seriously, what is wrong with our society today that this is necessary? They do at least add a "WARSH UP!" at the end of each commercial now.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Where are you off to first?

-jk
    Just staying the night at a lakefront campground on Saturday, because Mrs. wilson has to work on Sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the Keys to finish the year.

Triple digits this afternoon.

just staying the night at a lakefront campground on saturday, because mrs. Wilson has to work on sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the keys to finish the year.
    luckyyyyy!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sean Connery is 90 today.

Pierce Brosnan is still the greatest Bond of all time. Don't @ me.

That may be, but in '62 when it started with Dr. No, it was Connery who built the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That may be, but in '62 when it started with Dr. No, it was Connery who built the franchise.
    No doubt. He would definitely be my second favorite. I hear the "new" guy is really good, but I've never actually watched any of his.

Just staying the night at a lakefront campground on Saturday, because Mrs. wilson has to work on Sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the Keys to finish the year.
    The WaPost has recent a story up on what it's like being an RV Newbie, though they were renting.

I spent that July evening at a Virginia campground watching the owner spray Febreze around the Winnebago in an attempt to mask the smell of waste that had spewed out of the sewage hose. Before the dumping demo, he had assured us that the waste tank was empty. Our noses knew otherwise. After the owner departed, leaving us alone in the RV, my friend and I stayed up late scooping up dead bugs and fiddling with the air-conditioning, which was blowing subtropical air.
    -jk

Sounds fabulous!

Hmmm, they all brought such different things to the role, hard for me to pick a greatest. The movies changed so much when Daniel Craig took over that I find it impossible to compare him to previous Bonds. I grew up with the campy Roger Moore films which were awesome in their camp.

Now who had the best Bond girls? That's a Pierce/Sean showdown if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, they all brought such different things to the role, hard for me to pick a greatest. The movies changed so much when Daniel Craig took over that I find it impossible to compare him to previous Bonds. I grew up with the campy Roger Moore films which were awesome in their camp.

Now who had the best Bond girls? That's a Pierce/Sean showdown if you ask me.
    Agree, the Craig movies are great action/spy movies but not really classic "Bond" movies. I enjoy them, I just try not to compare them.

I was just about to ask this question somewhere on this board. Great opportunity...

How to introduce my teens to James Bond? Start with Connery? Craig?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe , but I went back and watch a couple of the early ones recently, including Dr. No, and they do not age well - really creaky and dated.