Page 1536 of 3403 FirstFirst ... 53610361436148615261534153515361537153815461586163620362536 ... LastLast
Results 30,701 to 30,720 of 68046
  1. #30701
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Just try to patent that...
    And for those that don't know about trying to patent a perpetual motoon machine, all the dxcitjng detals:


    https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2011/10/1...tion/id=19828/

    "But why do we need law pertaining to things that science says are impossible? Why do we need law pertaining to a perpetual motion machine?"

  2. #30702
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The RV market is bananas right now too. My wife and I had to have our ducks in a row and really be ready to pounce when we found what we wanted.
    Picking up on Saturday!
    Where are you off to first?

    -jk

  3. #30703
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    It's just that beer > Pop-Tarts.

    True story. I hadn't had a Pop-Tart in maybe a year or more until last week. Then I had 2 in a span of 3 days because they were brought back up here. Strawberry both times, because they are superior. Un-toasted because I was driving. I think I may prefer them that way now.
    Debatable. But, we are also all about mashed potatoes around here, and mashed potatoes > beer. So. That's not the reason.

  4. #30704
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    It's just that beer > Pop-Tarts.

    True story. I hadn't had a Pop-Tart in maybe a year or more until last week. Then I had 2 in a span of 3 days because they were brought back up here. Strawberry both times, because they are superior. Un-toasted because I was driving. I think I may prefer them that way now.
    I revived the Pop Tart commentary the other day — after being inspired by reading the original few posts from way back on December 20, 2007 — in an attempt to help pad the numbers. Okay, I really just wanted to talk about Pop Tarts, but still.

    Maybe bring back the “West Side Story” hate? I’m just riffing here so don’t expect genius.

  5. #30705
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I plan to quit my job as a lawyer and become a professional omeletteer. My wife thinks I am kidding. Never been more serious.
    How’s that working out for you?

  6. #30706
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How’s that working out for you?
    Never pulled the trigger, but should have. Gotta be more fun that what I have waiting for me at the office.

  7. #30707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How’s that working out for you?
    Eggcellently?

  8. #30708
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    From the WTF?!? file today . . .

    https://abc11.com/business/kfc-drops...emic-/6386891/

    Seriously, what is wrong with our society today that this is necessary? They do at least add a "WARSH UP!" at the end of each commercial now.

  9. #30709
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Where are you off to first?

    -jk
    Just staying the night at a lakefront campground on Saturday, because Mrs. wilson has to work on Sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the Keys to finish the year.

  10. #30710
    Triple digits this afternoon.

  11. #30711
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    just staying the night at a lakefront campground on saturday, because mrs. Wilson has to work on sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the keys to finish the year.
    luckyyyyy!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  12. #30712
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Sean Connery is 90 today.

    Pierce Brosnan is still the greatest Bond of all time. Don't @ me.

  13. #30713
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sean Connery is 90 today.

    Pierce Brosnan is still the greatest Bond of all time. Don't @ me.
    That may be, but in '62 when it started with Dr. No, it was Connery who built the franchise.

  14. #30714
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That may be, but in '62 when it started with Dr. No, it was Connery who built the franchise.
    No doubt. He would definitely be my second favorite. I hear the "new" guy is really good, but I've never actually watched any of his.

  15. #30715
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Just staying the night at a lakefront campground on Saturday, because Mrs. wilson has to work on Sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the Keys to finish the year.
    The WaPost has recent a story up on what it's like being an RV Newbie, though they were renting.

    I spent that July evening at a Virginia campground watching the owner spray Febreze around the Winnebago in an attempt to mask the smell of waste that had spewed out of the sewage hose. Before the dumping demo, he had assured us that the waste tank was empty. Our noses knew otherwise. After the owner departed, leaving us alone in the RV, my friend and I stayed up late scooping up dead bugs and fiddling with the air-conditioning, which was blowing subtropical air.
    -jk

  16. #30716
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Just staying the night at a lakefront campground on Saturday, because Mrs. wilson has to work on Sunday but we couldn’t bear to just bring the new rig straight home.
    We have several mountain weekends planned throughout the fall, and then 2 weeks in the Keys to finish the year.
    Sounds fabulous!

  17. #30717
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sean Connery is 90 today.

    Pierce Brosnan is still the greatest Bond of all time. Don't @ me.
    Hmmm, they all brought such different things to the role, hard for me to pick a greatest. The movies changed so much when Daniel Craig took over that I find it impossible to compare him to previous Bonds. I grew up with the campy Roger Moore films which were awesome in their camp.

    Now who had the best Bond girls? That's a Pierce/Sean showdown if you ask me.

  18. #30718
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, they all brought such different things to the role, hard for me to pick a greatest. The movies changed so much when Daniel Craig took over that I find it impossible to compare him to previous Bonds. I grew up with the campy Roger Moore films which were awesome in their camp.

    Now who had the best Bond girls? That's a Pierce/Sean showdown if you ask me.
    Agree, the Craig movies are great action/spy movies but not really classic "Bond" movies. I enjoy them, I just try not to compare them.

    I was just about to ask this question somewhere on this board. Great opportunity...

    How to introduce my teens to James Bond? Start with Connery? Craig?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  19. #30719
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hudson Valley
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That may be, but in '62 when it started with Dr. No, it was Connery who built the franchise.
    Maybe , but I went back and watch a couple of the early ones recently, including Dr. No, and they do not age well - really creaky and dated.

  20. #30720
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The WaPost has recent a story up on what it's like being an RV Newbie, though they were renting.



    -jk
    I once had a job driving a Winnebago around for two years.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •