Page 1502 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 50210021402145214921500150115021503150415121552160220022502 ... LastLast
Results 30,021 to 30,040 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    In general, my feeling is "to each his own", but, since this is a family debate, consensus must be reached. For me personally, I have to have stayed overnight.
    Well, then, I have never been to Kansas, Nevada, Michigan, or Ohio (changed planes only). What about Arkansas? I was in Memphis, and we drove over the river to West Memphis to buy gas to say we'd been to Arkansas. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    W3ll, that may be better than the alternative. We keep getting new videos and they are longer. Instead of 30 minutes many are up to an hour in length. There wasn't that much ground to cover in 1/2 an hour. 1 hour is painful.
    Each new iteration of Management must add and change in order to justify their existence.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well, then, I have never been to Kansas, Nevada, Michigan, or Ohio (changed planes only). What about Arkansas? I was in Memphis, and we drove over the river to West Memphis to buy gas to say we'd been to Arkansas. Does that count?
    I say - it's up to you! If you want to count it, then count it!

My general feeling is that it has to have involved some sort of stop. Gas, food, an attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Current family debate: what constitutes having visited a state? Do you have to have had a meal there? Stopped at a sight? Filled up on gas? Stayed the night?

Seems my family cannot come to an agreement. One thing we do all agree on - simply having a layover in a state does not count.
    My requirements are pretty lax. Airport only doesn't count. Anything else constitutes a "visit".

My general feeling is that it has to have involved some sort of stop. Gas, food, an attraction.
    Is the rest of the family more lenient or more restrictive?

A few are more lenient, only one leans more restrictive.

A few are more lenient, only one leans more restrictive.
    I admit that my personal rule is rather restrictive. I wonder if anybody says you have to do more than have an overnight stay to claim that you have visited a state. I had driven through Delaware many, many times before I finally started counting it after I went to a wedding there.

I admit that my personal rule is rather restrictive. I wonder if anybody says you have to do more than have an overnight stay to claim that you have visited a state. I had driven through Delaware many, many times before I finally started counting it after I went to a wedding there.
    You've honestly had an overnight stay in Rhode Island?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You've honestly had an overnight stay in Rhode Island?
    Yeah. More than once.

I've spent a weekend in Newport as a quickie getaway vacation. The family rented a house on the shore for a week one summer. I've run a couple of downtown 5ks in Providence where I thought it would be fun to stay in a nice hotel in town the night before. Rhode Island is lovely!

My requirements are pretty stringent as well: An overnight, at least one meal, and some sort of activity.

My requirements are less stringent. I haven't had an overnight stay in South Dakota, Wisconsin, nor Montana. I've passed through them and made sightseeing stops on multiple occasions.

My counter example would be someone who lives in NC and has been to Virginia thirty times, say to Roanoke, but always returns home. Have they never been to Virginia to the extent it counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sure, but why not repeat ourselves.

I have a self-propelled and a battery operated. And a lawn at a 45 degree angle.
    are you mowing at 3 a.m.? That's one way to beat the heat...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    are you mowing at 3 a.m.? That's one way to beat the heat...
    Only when there is a full moon.

92 right now, massive gin and tonic looms, it's medicinal in this weather, probably even tax deductible!

"It's half an inch of water, and you think you're gonna drown"

Last night, we finished a bottle of wine that had been a gift to Sister Anne and BiL Wayne. The label said "It's what's inside that counts". The wine is bottled in a very heavy glass bottle called a Shiner. It is then etched to be a commemorative bottle. If there is a flaw in the etching/painting, they slap the paper label on it and, I think, donate it to fundraisers. When we finished the bottle, I decided to soak it to remove the label and see what was underneath. It was actually a commemorative bottle that has meaning to our family. We are going to see if we can get some additional bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My requirements are pretty stringent as well: An overnight, at least one meal, and some sort of activity.
    i'm pretty strict - an airport layover or interstate rest stop doesn't count. Need some sort of activity / meal. I did a little consulting gig in Providence - not bad. I like small airports like Providence, ILM, and AVP - easy to get in and out or meet someone. Sorry I didn't get to see a PawSox game...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    i'm pretty strict - an airport layover or interstate rest stop doesn't count. Need some sort of activity / meal. I did a little consulting gig in Providence - not bad. I like small airports like Providence, ILM, and AVP - easy to get in and out or meet someone. Sorry I didn't get to see a PawSox game...
    I knocked out Rhode Island last summer...an afternoon on the beach, brewery visit, and a beautiful waterfront night at a great state park RV campground.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I knocked out Rhode Island last summer...an afternoon on the beach, brewery visit, and a beautiful waterfront night at a great state park RV campground.
    I crossed off RI a couple of years ago - OCS graduation for Nephew Sam.