Page 1501 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 50110011401145114911499150015011502150315111551160120012501 ... LastLast
Results 30,001 to 30,020 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I posted about lawnmowers.
    Didn't we all post about lawnmowers?

I don’t have a lawnmower. Unless you count the kid across the street.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I don’t have a lawnmower. Unless you count the kid across the street.

-jk
    I've never mowed a lawn myself.

I'm feeling some deja vu.

I'm not going to look for it, but I'm pretty sure I've posted that exact sentence before in this thread. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Didn't we all post about lawnmowers?
    Sure, but why not repeat ourselves.

I have a self-propelled and a battery operated. And a lawn at a 45 degree angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sure, but why not repeat ourselves.

I have a self-propelled and a battery operated. And a lawn at a 45 degree angle.
    Part of the reason I bought a townhouse instead of a house - no mowing. I don't mind mowing but there are other things I would rather do.

Trying out a new blueberry muffin mix. Substitution at the grocery store curbside service is forcing the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sure, but why not repeat ourselves..
    Kind of like when my children say: yes you already told me that Mother.
    We have a guy who talks so much that I literally hide when he's mowing, keeping obvious movement to a minimum in case he sees me on the first floor of the house and rings the doorbell to chat. It's always something here at Casa weezie.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No, there is no shame, but it's a repeat of something he has already done. Did John Wooden teach them how to tie their shoes at the first practice senior year, again, or was it just something they had to learn as freshman?
    Tell him to get used to it! Where I work we have been doing the same required training modules FOR YEARS! The exact same presentations and questions. No one actually watches the videos anymore b/c they already know the answers to all the questions at the end. It's just a matter of clicking through all the screens until you get to the end. So, yes, it's obnoxious, but . . . welcome to adulthood!

Trying out a new blueberry muffin mix. Substitution at the grocery store curbside service is forcing the change.
    Because of the blueberry explosion this summer, Harris Teeter has had pints of blueberries for 99 cents each the last two weeks. I bought a bunch to freeze, so I can make homemade blueberry muffins this winter. Easy recipe and much better than a mix.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Tell him to get used to it! Where I work we have been doing the same required training modules FOR YEARS! The exact same presentations and questions. No one actually watches the videos anymore b/c they already know the answers to all the questions at the end. It's just a matter of clicking through all the screens until you get to the end. So, yes, it's obnoxious, but . . . welcome to adulthood!
    Oh, I have told him exactly that.

Because of the blueberry explosion this summer, Harris Teeter has had pints of blueberries for 99 cents each the last two weeks. I bought a bunch to freeze, so I can make homemade blueberry muffins this winter. Easy recipe and much better than a mix.
    With greatly reduced trips to the grocery store, my cooking froms scratch has dropped significantly.

W3ll, that may be better than the alternative. We keep getting new videos and they are longer. Instead of 30 minutes many are up to an hour in length. There wasn't that much ground to cover in 1/2 an hour. 1 hour is painful.

Had to replace the battery on the Kinsa thermometer. Apparently, I've been taking my temperature too much.

Current family debate: what constitutes having visited a state? Do you have to have had a meal there? Stopped at a sight? Filled up on gas? Stayed the night?

Seems my family cannot come to an agreement. One thing we do all agree on - simply having a layover in a state does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Current family debate: what constitutes having visited a state? Do you have to have had a meal there? Stopped at a sight? Filled up on gas? Stayed the night?

Seems my family cannot come to an agreement. One thing we do all agree on - simply having a layover in a state does not count.
    This has been a source of discussion here also. I don't think we've achieved consensus either.

Okay, not awful not great. This mix reminds me of desserts in Europe. The locals will say they are sweet, but as an American that grew up on loads of processed foods with multiple type of sweeteners, you can taste the attempt but wonder if that is all there is.

What if you had a local beer in an airport during a layover?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    What if you had a local beer in an airport during a layover?
    Did you walk outside the terminal?

In general, my feeling is "to each his own", but, since this is a family debate, consensus must be reached. For me personally, I have to have stayed overnight.