Page 1498 of 2293 FirstFirst ... 498998139814481488149614971498149915001508154815981998 ... LastLast
Results 29,941 to 29,960 of 45842
  1. #29941
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.

  2. #29942
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.
    6-8 days? Plenty of time for beer stops. Keep up posted on ymm, beer

  3. #29943
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but it is really off-putting when folks on one thread insult folks on another thread just because they have different interests. Part of the allure of DBR is the acceptance of diverse points of view and interests. For me, at least.

    FWIW, YMMV.

  4. #29944
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but it is really off-putting when folks on one thread insult folks on another thread just because they have different interests. Part of the allure of DBR is the acceptance of diverse points of view and interests. For me, at least.

    FWIW, YMMV.
    I had hoped that my comment about monday being slow as it is Sober Up Day was obviously in jest, but multiple people have convinced me otherwise, so I (as a sometime beer poster) do apologize. Meant no disrespect to my comrades in suds.

  5. #29945
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.
    Ahhh, that's right. Some sight seeing on the way. Between freshman and sophomore year, I drove from McMinnville, OR to Durham along that northern route. Stayed a couple days in Fargo, ND. A short stop in Lexington, KY. No other stops along the way. I went the other direction a few years later(1993) and did take my time to see the sights, etc.

  6. #29946
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    He waited too long, as did my wife...indeed, bone on bone is painful. Within 3-4 months she was walking five miles/day, still is, zero pain...great technology, especially if you get the anterior approach, minimizes cutting..
    It was first suggested a couple of years ago. I think they are glad they waited until after the move - the surgeons here have better ratings. Sister Sue actually worked with the surgeon when he was going through residency back in the day. (Sister Sue is a physical therapist.) This puts the surgery back with the family orthopods - one year, 4 family members had visits with the group - two knees, one Achilles, and just a bad sprain. I only went to the doctor for a sprain if I woke up in pain in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I just wrapped it for the next soccer game.

  7. #29947
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It was first suggested a couple of years ago. I think they are glad they waited until after the move - the surgeons here have better ratings. Sister Sue actually worked with the surgeon when he was going through residency back in the day. (Sister Sue is a physical therapist.) This puts the surgery back with the family orthopods - one year, 4 family members had visits with the group - two knees, one Achilles, and just a bad sprain. I only went to the doctor for a sprain if I woke up in pain in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I just wrapped it for the next soccer game.
    Some surgeons are definitely WAY better than others, which is why my wife had her hip done at Dartmouth as opposed to locally. Gotta do your homework on this stuff...

  8. #29948
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm trying to do my part.

    Any prayers/vibes you want to send Brother-in-law Alan's way tomorrow would be appreciated. He is scheduled for hip replacement surgery. Currently, it is pretty much bone on bone and very painful.
    Vibes from PA.

    https://deq.nc.gov/news/press-releas...-county-waters
    "Quality is not an option!"

  9. #29949
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Some surgeons are definitely WAY better than others, which is why my wife had her hip done at Dartmouth as opposed to locally. Gotta do your homework on this stuff...
    Found this out the hard way when I had ACL surgery ~10 years ago.

    Had a second knee surgery (meniscus) 5 years ago and used a different surgeon. Learned my lesson.

  10. #29950
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Just cranked up a giant pot of Brunswick stew, and I have some leftover frozen collard greens thawing. Should be a tasty evening.

  11. #29951
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...I have some leftover frozen collard greens thawing. Should be a tasty evening.
    Did you take fresh and freeze them yourself?

  12. #29952
    I feel fortunate to have kept it to just one hernia surgery so far.

  13. #29953
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did you take fresh and freeze them yourself?
    Yes. Collards freeze really nicely.

  14. #29954
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I had hoped that my comment about monday being slow as it is Sober Up Day was obviously in jest, but multiple people have convinced me otherwise, so I (as a sometime beer poster) do apologize. Meant no disrespect to my comrades in suds.
    Same here. I was attempting to make a joke. Apologies if I offended anyone.

  15. #29955
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Bad news: Holden Beach sea turtle nests took a beating in the storm!!
    Good news: Who doesn't want to watch file footage of baby turtles!!

    https://abc11.com/holden-beach-hurri...nests/6361188/
    "Quality is not an option!"

  16. #29956
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Pro tip: Aim for a wife who will make you a birthday cake like this.
    Attachment 11248
    Holy moly, I have a husband I can trade for her!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  17. #29957
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.
    Good luck luburch. Don't forget to duck.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  18. #29958
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but it is really off-putting when folks on one thread insult folks on another thread just because they have different interests. Part of the allure of DBR is the acceptance of diverse points of view and interests. For me, at least.

    FWIW, YMMV.
    Hmmm, I am not insulting people. I am insulting beer. Yucky. Mostly. I don't like chocolate ice cream either. If I had to choose between drinking a beer and eating chocolate ice cream, I'd drink the beer.

  19. #29959
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I also insult musicals in general and West Side Story in particular.

  20. #29960
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    That said though, if you want to enjoy a chocolate ice cream cone while watching Natalie Wood lip sync to Marni Nixon's vocals, I will not think less of you. Just don't make me do it with you!

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •