Page 1498 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 4989981398144814881496149714981499150015081548159819982498 ... LastLast
Results 29,941 to 29,960 of 67238
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Seattle. Loading up the trailer on the 22nd. Taking a 6-8 road trip from Indy to get there.
    6-8 days? Plenty of time for beer stops. Keep up posted on ymm, beer

Not directed at anyone in particular, but it is really off-putting when folks on one thread insult folks on another thread just because they have different interests. Part of the allure of DBR is the acceptance of diverse points of view and interests. For me, at least.

FWIW, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but it is really off-putting when folks on one thread insult folks on another thread just because they have different interests. Part of the allure of DBR is the acceptance of diverse points of view and interests. For me, at least.

FWIW, YMMV.
    I had hoped that my comment about monday being slow as it is Sober Up Day was obviously in jest, but multiple people have convinced me otherwise, so I (as a sometime beer poster) do apologize. Meant no disrespect to my comrades in suds.

Ahhh, that's right. Some sight seeing on the way. Between freshman and sophomore year, I drove from McMinnville, OR to Durham along that northern route. Stayed a couple days in Fargo, ND. A short stop in Lexington, KY. No other stops along the way. I went the other direction a few years later(1993) and did take my time to see the sights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    He waited too long, as did my wife...indeed, bone on bone is painful. Within 3-4 months she was walking five miles/day, still is, zero pain...great technology, especially if you get the anterior approach, minimizes cutting..
    It was first suggested a couple of years ago. I think they are glad they waited until after the move - the surgeons here have better ratings. Sister Sue actually worked with the surgeon when he was going through residency back in the day. (Sister Sue is a physical therapist.) This puts the surgery back with the family orthopods - one year, 4 family members had visits with the group - two knees, one Achilles, and just a bad sprain. I only went to the doctor for a sprain if I woke up in pain in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I just wrapped it for the next soccer game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It was first suggested a couple of years ago. I think they are glad they waited until after the move - the surgeons here have better ratings. Sister Sue actually worked with the surgeon when he was going through residency back in the day. (Sister Sue is a physical therapist.) This puts the surgery back with the family orthopods - one year, 4 family members had visits with the group - two knees, one Achilles, and just a bad sprain. I only went to the doctor for a sprain if I woke up in pain in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I just wrapped it for the next soccer game.
    Some surgeons are definitely WAY better than others, which is why my wife had her hip done at Dartmouth as opposed to locally. Gotta do your homework on this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm trying to do my part.

Any prayers/vibes you want to send Brother-in-law Alan's way tomorrow would be appreciated. He is scheduled for hip replacement surgery. Currently, it is pretty much bone on bone and very painful.
    Vibes from PA.

https://deq.nc.gov/news/press-releas...-county-waters
    "Quality is not an option!"

Some surgeons are definitely WAY better than others, which is why my wife had her hip done at Dartmouth as opposed to locally. Gotta do your homework on this stuff...
    Found this out the hard way when I had ACL surgery ~10 years ago.

Had a second knee surgery (meniscus) 5 years ago and used a different surgeon. Learned my lesson.

Just cranked up a giant pot of Brunswick stew, and I have some leftover frozen collard greens thawing. Should be a tasty evening.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...I have some leftover frozen collard greens thawing. Should be a tasty evening.
    Did you take fresh and freeze them yourself?

I feel fortunate to have kept it to just one hernia surgery so far.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did you take fresh and freeze them yourself?
    Yes. Collards freeze really nicely.

I had hoped that my comment about monday being slow as it is Sober Up Day was obviously in jest, but multiple people have convinced me otherwise, so I (as a sometime beer poster) do apologize. Meant no disrespect to my comrades in suds.
    Same here. I was attempting to make a joke. Apologies if I offended anyone.

Bad news: Holden Beach sea turtle nests took a beating in the storm!!
    Good news: Who doesn't want to watch file footage of baby turtles!!

https://abc11.com/holden-beach-hurri...nests/6361188/
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Pro tip: Aim for a wife who will make you a birthday cake like this.
    Attachment 11248
    Holy moly, I have a husband I can trade for her!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Good luck luburch. Don't forget to duck.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

FWIW, YMMV.
    Hmmm, I am not insulting people. I am insulting beer. Yucky. Mostly. I don't like chocolate ice cream either. If I had to choose between drinking a beer and eating chocolate ice cream, I'd drink the beer.

I also insult musicals in general and West Side Story in particular.

That said though, if you want to enjoy a chocolate ice cream cone while watching Natalie Wood lip sync to Marni Nixon's vocals, I will not think less of you. Just don't make me do it with you!