Page 1496 of 2276 FirstFirst ... 496996139614461486149414951496149714981506154615961996 ... LastLast
Results 29,901 to 29,920 of 45520
  1. #29901
    We’ve talked about Pop Tarts, but have we talked about how to eat Pop Tarts?

    Strawberry Frosted this morning by the way...

  2. #29902
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Umm...

    I just felt an earthquake. Mountaindevil...did you feel that too?

  3. #29903
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Umm...

    I just felt an earthquake. Mountaindevil...did you feel that too?
    It was about 3 miles from our farmhouse! I'm worried...

    -jk

  4. #29904
    Earthquake was 5.1 Sparta, NC around 8:11 AM

  5. #29905
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, it was the riskiest situation I've encountered in 7 weeks. Old habits die hard however and he could tell I was nervous about it.
    I went outside and measured. Between 12 and 15 feet, not 10.

  6. #29906
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Umm...

    I just felt an earthquake. Mountaindevil...did you feel that too?
    I was driving. My wife said it was a house shaker tho.

  7. #29907
    I've been in quite a few seismic events, from New England to California(Northridge aftershocks).

  8. #29908
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    According to news reports, the earthquake was centered in Sparta and measured 5.1.

  9. #29909
    This Old House Insider...

  10. #29910
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Costco run this morning, champagne party on the deck this evening featuring my wife, my trusty hound, and moi...maybe a couple of birds.

  11. #29911
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Costco run this morning, champagne party on the deck this evening featuring my wife, my trusty hound, and moi...maybe a couple of birds.
    That sounds like fun!

  12. #29912
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I had a very Bostondevil-y day yesterday. My knitting group got together over Zoom then I went to rehearsal for Romeo & Juliet. Our Mercutio has an amazing backyard complete with pool. We've never had the complete cast together at the pool but yesterday was the third time most of us got together to rehearse poolside. There were 9 of us with plenty of room to maintain proper distance, some in the pool. We are going to try to get one more poolside rehearsal in before the weather gets too cold for swimming. We're dropping down to once a month rehearsals but we are still going. The dream of someday performing this show before an audience remains intact. We're thinking 2021, maybe next summer, maybe outdoors. The set was nearly finished when we shut down. It's still standing, in the theater, awaiting our return.

  13. #29913
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Costco run this morning, champagne party on the deck this evening featuring my wife, my trusty hound, and moi...maybe a couple of birds.
    Sweet! I'll think of you as I stroll the scenic aisles of my own nearest Costco emporium. Just imagining the charming glazed eye look of my fellow travelers makes me anticipate the outing even more!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  14. #29914
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Sweet! I'll think of you as I stroll the scenic aisles of my own nearest Costco emporium. Just imagining the charming glazed eye look of my fellow travelers makes me anticipate the outing even more!
    I'm striking like a viper at Geezer Hour, they'll never see me, just a blur!

  15. #29915
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Started packing the apartment yesterday. Vacuum sealed some bags. Left to get more supplies. Returned home to unsealed bags. Found scratches from the cats on the bag. Woke up at 3:30am to one of the cats regurgitating some of the plastic on the carpet.

    Happy Monday!

  16. #29916
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Sometimes but isn't about what you know, but who you know

  17. #29917
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sometimes but isn't about what you know, but who you know
    Sometimes?

  18. #29918
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    My son turned two last week. Whew.

    I know you've all been really worried about me...you've probably noticed that my 0.2 posts/day has dropped precipitously to 0.12 posts/day over the past two years. Helping to keep a tiny human alive has seriously cut into my DBR time. I seriously need to readjust my priorities. I have been lurking, so don't worry, I'm caught up on everything LTE/COVID/2020 Election related.

    On a somewhat related note, my wife and I watched West Side Story on Netflix. Yep, BD, it really stinks.

    On another related note, Hamilton is pretty amazing.

    Ok. Be looking for another post from me in about 3 years or so

    [ Just trying to do my part to keep the LTE the LTE...even though the prospects are looking grim ]

  19. #29919
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    sometimes but isn't about what you know, but who you know

    or...who know you 😷😷😷😷😷

  20. #29920
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    My son turned two last week. Whew.

    I know you've all been really worried about me...you've probably noticed that my 0.2 posts/day has dropped precipitously to 0.12 posts/day over the past two years. Helping to keep a tiny human alive has seriously cut into my DBR time. I seriously need to readjust my priorities. I have been lurking, so don't worry, I'm caught up on everything LTE/COVID/2020 Election related.

    On a somewhat related note, my wife and I watched West Side Story on Netflix. Yep, BD, it really stinks.

    On another related note, Hamilton is pretty amazing.

    Ok. Be looking for another post from me in about 3 years or so

    [ Just trying to do my part to keep the LTE the LTE...even though the prospects are looking grim ]
    You have my undying love, devotion, and gratitude.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •