Page 1486 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4869861386143614761484148514861487148814961536158619862486 ... LastLast
Results 29,701 to 29,720 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, I got a check out of the blue from the Treasury Department..
    Should I cash it?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, I got a check out of the blue from the Treasury Department..
    Got a check from my auto insurance this week. It was only $22, but free money is free money.

Auto insurance has just credited my account the last few months.

FA3A2B03-8949-4C4B-BB07-E72047B3A69B.jpg

Well, it was supposed to be animated and say It’s a trap!

I spent several hours reading in the hot sun in my backyard today. I’ve got my best tan in years on account of many afternoons with not much to do other than sit in the sun and get some good spiritual benefits from the sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I spent several hours reading in the hot sun in my backyard today. I’ve got my best tan in years on account of many afternoons with not much to do other than sit in the sun and get some good spiritual benefits from the sunshine.
    I got my first shingrix vaccine shot for shingles a Friday, and kinda felt mildly crappy all weekend. Tried to exercise but it didn’t really happen. A meh weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I got my first shingrix vaccine shot for shingles a Friday, and kinda felt mildly crappy all weekend. Tried to exercise but it didn’t really happen. A meh weekend.
    Shots in general are the worst. I will never be at risk of heroin addiction.

Spread the Blackberry Jalapeno Jelly over cream cheese and served with crackers. Just the right amount of heat. Would definitely do this again

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I had absolutely no effect from either shot, other than a very minor soreness at the injection site.

I credit the minor soreness to my father, who was in the Navy (on a destroyer which was patrolling Tokyo harbor for submarines while the peace treaty was being signed). When I entered boot camp, he told me that when I got my many, many shots in to exercise my arms like crazy to keep from getting sore. I did. Many others did not. I was fine the day after. Those who babied their arms were miserably sore the next day.

Going to attempt my first run since spraining my ankle about a month ago. Not positive how this will go.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Going to attempt my first run since spraining my ankle about a month ago. Not positive how this will go.
    Good luck! At the first sign of a twinge, ease up and walk home.

July was the warmest month ever recorded in VT (going back 140 years) and it felt like it...but cool today, high in the 70s...very long walk looms.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Spread the Blackberry Jalapeno Jelly over cream cheese and served with crackers. Just the right amount of heat. Would definitely do this again
    Love me some pepper jelly.

Noosa makes a yummy yogurt. BUT, they have discontinued the two best flavors, Blackberry Serrano and Pineapple Jalapeno. I have emailed them and begged them to make them again, but nothing so far.

Most interesting pronunciation of ISAIAS so far: Spectrum weather reporter said ISA-NISA. Not sure where the N came from, but points for creativity. He had it straight by Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Most interesting pronunciation of ISAIAS so far: Spectrum weather reporter said ISA-NISA. Not sure where the N came from, but points for creativity. He had it straight by Sunday.
    Jose Diaz-Ballart did OK with it, not very easy for me. How 'bout something easier like Ignacio or Irving..

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Good luck! At the first sign of a twinge, ease up and walk home.
    Made it two miles. It's definitely a little stiff, but no pain. Resting tomorrow and will see if it's good to go Wednesday.

Good morning, hot and sweaty here. Without exercise. Worked out this morning and it is not pleasant...

We are having unusually low temperatures. Sitting outside after dinner was even a bit chilly.

Weather here should be gorgeous this week. Will likely change in a half hour so stay tuned.

Made it two miles. It's definitely a little stiff, but no pain. Resting tomorrow and will see if it's good to go Wednesday.
    Weather here should be gorgeous this week. Will likely change in a half hour so stay tuned.
    Good job, luburch!
    There’s a good bit of rain in our forecast today, but not until this afternoon. Right now it’s just cloudy and cooler than usual. I’m about to go try for 5 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...I’m about to go try for 5 miles.
    Maybe I won't do that on trash day in August again.