Page 1476 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4769761376142614661474147514761477147814861526157619762476 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,520 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    With fifteen percent unemployment, it's gonna be a bit of a haul to get back to whatever the new normal is.

My heart goes out to folks who are losing their federal Unemployment Bonus of $600/week right now. That's messy.
    Mine too.

Took the youngest in for his annual physical with his pediatrician, you know, check out everything that isn't tumor related. She helped me press upon him that he has to wear his back brace because his scoliosis has gotten worse and if it gets too much worse, he may be facing surgery and potential disability.

He's also probably only to grow another inch or so which will mean he will wind up the shortest of my sons by a couple of inches. He doesn't care about that. And alas, the excitement over breaking 100 pounds on the home bathroom scale was dashed at the doctor's office where he weighed 95. I told him he can get there, sooner rather than later, if he ups the candy and burger intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    if he ups the candy and burger intake.
    I used to endorse this sort of diet.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Whomever didn't give you an interview and hire you is also a colossal idiot.
    Aw - thanks for the vote of confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Took the youngest in for his annual physical with his pediatrician, you know, check out everything that isn't tumor related. She helped me press upon him that he has to wear his back brace because his scoliosis has gotten worse and if it gets too much worse, he may be facing surgery and potential disability.

He's also probably only to grow another inch or so which will mean he will wind up the shortest of my sons by a couple of inches. He doesn't care about that. And alas, the excitement over breaking 100 pounds on the home bathroom scale was dashed at the doctor's office where he weighed 95. I told him he can get there, sooner rather than later, if he ups the candy and burger intake.
    Shall we all send him bags of M&Ms? I think I recall this being a favorite - but could be making it up.

sharks eat woman in Maine (not Susan Collins):https://www.pressherald.com/2020/07/...-shark-attack/

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    sharks eat woman in Maine (not Susan Collins):https://www.pressherald.com/2020/07/...-shark-attack/
    Please clarify - is the "(not Susan Collins)" directed to the woman eaten or the shark?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Please clarify - is the "(not Susan Collins)" directed to the woman eaten or the shark?
    Ha, where WAS Susan Collins yesterday?

Describe thy mowers! Self propelled but stand behind types? Riding?
    We have about 1/3 acre here at Stately Turk Manor. I use regular Sears mower (self-propelled). We have an annoying slope in the front yard that is steep enough to walk across to mow. Takes about an hour or so. My definition of gardening means: "has to be green and fit under the lawn mower. I am told by some of the older neighbors that they used to have annual riding mower races. "Be still, my beating heart!!" Papa Turk bought a new mower and the self-propelled boost helps a lot on his mostly flat yard...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Ha, where WAS Susan Collins yesterday?
    No idea, but wherever she was she was expressing deep concern about something.

Plumber? Telegram?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Plumber? Telegram?

Candygram!

“I’m only a dolphin, ma’am.”

Ha, Candygram was just terrific. Hot tip of the day is that if you should avoid swimming where there are lots of seals.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No idea, but wherever she was she was expressing deep concern about something.
    And another one - thanks for this laugh.

I'm hungry for some candy now. I wonder if I have a delivery coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm hungry for some candy now. I wonder if I have a delivery coming soon?
    I received a delivery of a self-picked assortment of 30 gourmet lollipops the other day. I’m quite pleased with my purchase.

I am pleased with your purchase too!

I have a confession to make. I have lived in NC all my life, and I ordered a fake Christmas tree yesterday. I'm still having trouble dealing with the . . the . . . guilt? As part of my penance, I know I will be sweeping up past years' needles for years to come.