Page 1463 of 2858 FirstFirst ... 4639631363141314531461146214631464146514731513156319632463 ... LastLast
Results 29,241 to 29,260 of 57148
  1. #29241
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Best of luck!

    Also got the all clear from my company to work remotely from Seattle this morning. Happy I don't have to plan a move across the country and find a new job at the same time.
    Where in Seattle? The wife and I met living in Ballard.

  2. #29242
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Damn. I was hoping you’d say “cupcakes.”
    We always need cupcakes, that's just a given.

  3. #29243
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Good Morning!

    Hoping for good news at 3pm today.
    The countdown has begun. I think we'll all be watching the clock around here hoping for good news!

  4. #29244
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Good Morning!

    Hoping for good news at 3pm today.
    Will anxiously await news.

  5. #29245
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My second choice is the one calling today for sure. My top choice is supposed to let me know by this week. Really hope I don't strike out on both of them
    May you hear positive news from both - and close enough together - that you can have choices and determine which will be the best for you and yours.

  6. #29246
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Damn. I was hoping you’d say “cupcakes.”
    Now I want to bake.

  7. #29247
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Our plant on the inside.
    SesameStreet-StinkyTheStinkweed.jpg
    Muppet jokes? I got 'em.

  8. #29248
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My second choice is the one calling today for sure. My top choice is supposed to let me know by this week. Really hope I don't strike out on both of them
    Sending out vibes, and I don't mean putting "marital aids" in the mail.

  9. #29249
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Sending out vibes, and I don't mean putting "marital aids" in the mail.
    Had to Google...thanks for the chuckle.

  10. #29250
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Had to Google...thanks for the chuckle.
    Yikes, hope you didn't use the work computer. You might be looking for a new job!

  11. #29251
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where in Seattle? The wife and I met living in Ballard.
    Queen Anne for the next year at least.

  12. #29252
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Queen Anne for the next year at least.
    Nice. Love Seattle summers.

  13. #29253
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Nice. Love Seattle summers.
    It's the rest of their year I can do without...

    -jk

  14. #29254
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It's the rest of their year I can do without...

    -jk
    The 6-8 weeks of Seattle summer are almost worth the other 40+.

  15. #29255
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Is it true that it even rains inside in Seattle?

  16. #29256
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Is it true that it even rains inside in Seattle?
    Oh hey, Seattle and Vermont - two places I've lived. Woot!

    Everyone talks about the Seattle rain, but to me, it was the greyness and darkness that were soul killing.

  17. #29257
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've only been to Seattle once. It was in October. It was lovely.

  18. #29258
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've only been to Seattle once. It was in October. It was lovely.
    October is actually a great time to go. Perfect temperature. Great chances of seeing Rainier from the city.

  19. #29259
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    The one time I have visited Seattle was on my honeymoon in late June. I'll always remember rolling over on our first morning in the city, checking the weather forecast and seeing that it included an "EXTREME HEAT ADVISORY," and then finding that said prediction was based on forecast high temps in the mid-80s, with 50ish percent humidity. Our Georgian hearts laughed and enjoyed a lovely couple of days to finish out our adventure.

  20. #29260
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The one time I have visited Seattle was on my honeymoon in late June. I'll always remember rolling over on our first morning in the city, checking the weather forecast and seeing that it included an "EXTREME HEAT ADVISORY," and then finding that said prediction was based on forecast high temps in the mid-80s, with 50ish percent humidity. Our Georgian hearts laughed and enjoyed a lovely couple of days to finish out our adventure.
    Yes. People whine when it hits 80. I found it wildly amusing.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •