Page 1453 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4539531353140314431451145214531454145514631503155319532453 ... LastLast
Results 29,041 to 29,060 of 67382
    I’ve debated the robot vacuum but haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

My wife got mad at me recently when I broke our 12 year old vacuum, before she ever got a chance of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    My two best purchases of the last year were a robot vacuum and a bidet.
    My next house will have a bidet. They're great for shaving your legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did I mention I'm getting my haircut today?
    I trimmed my own bangs the other day. Got tired of looking through them.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The 105+ degree weather here has certainly impeded the growth of my grass. I may be able to skip this weekend. Or probably cut it this weekend and skip next weekend.
    Cut mine yesterday, was surprised to see a baby bird on the grass. Mrs. Turk made the rescueand returned the little dude back to the nest. Heating up here, so plan to skip next week, whilst we're away
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is your school district opening on-line, or has the decision yet to be made?

Eleventh-grade SonPK starts back August 3, fully opened school with efforts for social distancing, mask requirements for staff in certain situations (and "encouragement" for students), cleaning, etc. They've laid out the "enhanced mitigation" protocols but have not declared them to be in effect as of today.

I'm betting we don't make it to Labor Day before we are all back to remote learning here.

And FWIW, the BOE gave parents the choice of having their children go completely on-line for the semester. About 15% chose this option.
    Here in the Commonwealth, it's all up in the air / TBD. Districts still trying to figure it out; I'm betting most will wind up with some sort of hybrid mess. Yesterday Philly announced they're trying to have the kids in the building 2 days a week but not sure if that will fly. I don't have a dog in this fight any more. The Young Turks at the finest ACC school in Pennsylvania already have arrangements for off-campus housing, and will be heading back in August. Mrs. Turk tried to imagine if we had middle-school aged kids and we had to try and run the Turk Cyber Academy last spring / this fall. The mind boogles at the possibilties for some old-school educational throwbacks from back in the day. "Yins will stand up when I walk in the room, and if you ask politely, I may or may not pray the blessing over your pointy little heads when I leave..." I would have some fun with it. Mrs. Turk might end up putting someone in the hospital...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Here in the Commonwealth, it's all up in the air / TBD. Districts still trying to figure it out; I'm betting most will wind up with some sort of hybrid mess. Yesterday Philly announced they're trying to have the kids in the building 2 days a week but not sure if that will fly. I don't have a dog in this fight any more. The Young Turks at the finest ACC school in Pennsylvania already have arrangements for off-campus housing, and will be heading back in August. Mrs. Turk tried to imagine if we had middle-school aged kids and we had to try and run the Turk Cyber Academy last spring / this fall. The mind boogles at the possibilties for some old-school educational throwbacks from back in the day. "Yins will stand up when I walk in the room, and if you ask politely, I may or may not pray the blessing over your pointy little heads when I leave..." I would have some fun with it. Mrs. Turk might end up putting someone in the hospital...
    Yesterday, the governor pushed the start of school date to after Labor Day to give the Kansas school districts additional time to get plans in place. Hopefully this additional time will give everyone time to figure out the best way to educate the children (social and academic) and keep everyone safe/massively limit risks to all involved. Glad I don't have to figure it out.

Arrrgh, this is the time of day when my thoughts turn to seeing what kind of snacks there are in the fridge. It's only one little (no, not little) piece of cheese, whhyyyy does it have to be so appealing?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    From a professional or friend?

I had my first a couple weeks ago (professional) - extra short.

-jk
    Professional. My kids all got haircuts a couple of weeks ago at the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Professional. My kids all got haircuts a couple of weeks ago at the same place.
    Ah. Guinea pigs...

-jk

Ah. Guinea pigs...

-jk
    I don't think her guinea pigs got hair cuts.

Gotta stop by the grocery store on the way home for some T for my G&T. I'm going to need a couple this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Arrrgh, this is the time of day when my thoughts turn to seeing what kind of snacks there are in the fridge. It's only one little (no, not little) piece of cheese, whhyyyy does it have to be so appealing?
    It would be gone on sight in my household.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Gotta stop by the grocery store on the way home for some T for my G&T. I'm going to need a couple this evening.
    Might as well get more G too?

Y’know what else goes well with gin? A cricket match.

Have I ever mentioned how I became interested in cricket? It’s kind of a long story.

100F so a little bit of relief from yesterday's 105.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Y’know what else goes well with gin? A cricket match.

Have I ever mentioned how I became interested in cricket? It’s kind of a long story.
    Let's hear it. My best friend was on his previous company's cricket team. He was the only person not fluent in Hindi. Learned some cool words, though.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Might as well get more G too?
    Well, here in NC, that is a whole separate store run. Stupid, archaic liquor laws here.

It's a fun read. Its accuracy is a bit iffy here and there, though.

-jk
    It's a bit of a long read too. Maybe because some of the stories are redundant to the other books I've read lately.

Well, here in NC, that is a whole separate store run. Stupid, archaic liquor laws here.
    ABC, not just the alphabet.