Page 1451 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4519511351140114411449145014511452145314611501155119512451 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,020 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's been quite hot here in GA too, although today's high temp forecast is down to only 90. I've been trying to spend some time in the sun each day, but it sometimes becomes an exercise in endurance.
    Is your school district opening on-line, or has the decision yet to be made?

Eleventh-grade SonPK starts back August 3, fully opened school with efforts for social distancing, mask requirements for staff in certain situations (and "encouragement" for students), cleaning, etc. They've laid out the "enhanced mitigation" protocols but have not declared them to be in effect as of today.

I'm betting we don't make it to Labor Day before we are all back to remote learning here.

And FWIW, the BOE gave parents the choice of having their children go completely on-line for the semester. About 15% chose this option.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is your school district opening on-line, or has the decision yet to be made?

Eleventh-grade SonPK starts back August 3, fully opened school with efforts for social distancing, mask requirements for staff in certain situations (and "encouragement" for students), cleaning, etc. They've laid out the "enhanced mitigation" protocols but have not declared them to be in effect as of today.

I'm betting we don't make it to Labor Day before we are all back to remote learning here.

And FWIW, the BOE gave parents the choice of having their children go completely on-line for the semester. About 15% chose this option.
    Mine is a single-campus independent school, not a district. Plans are taking shape as we speak, but like you, I don't think much of anyone in GA will be sticking to any plans for long if at all, given the state's current COVID trajectory. I'm trying to prepare for the idea of another extended period of virtual teaching, and it's really weighing on me at the moment.

Mine is a single-campus independent school, not a district. Plans are taking shape as we speak, but like you, I don't think much of anyone in GA will be sticking to any plans for long if at all, given the state's current COVID trajectory. I'm trying to prepare for the idea of another extended period of virtual teaching, and it's really weighing on me at the moment.
    You will come up with a creative way to reach your students. I have total faith in you, Wilson.

Thanks, and best of luck. I am curious to follow the plans in your area (and elsewhere around the State) as we move through the fall.

Our system (Mont Co, MD - a rather large system w/ 170K students) hasn't pulled the trigger yet, but is leaning towards starting with 100% distance learning, then phasing in the in-school component.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You will come up with a creative way to reach your students. I have total faith in you, Wilson.
    Thanks, DinK. For me, it's really not the question of how to teach effectively. Accepting that virtual teaching is limited and imperfect even in the most otherwise advantageous situation (which mine by and large is), for me it's more an emotional/mental health issue. I'm an Enneagram 7, strong extrovert, and I'm just not built for isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks, and best of luck. I am curious to follow the plans in your area (and elsewhere around the State) as we move through the fall.
    I'm really curious too, but admittedly not feeling especially optimistic today. I wonder if I'll be in my physical classroom at all this year.

Work from home bonus - background noise unc at FSU followed by Duke at unc in 2004.

Final interview was about 1.25 hours. I think it went very well. I will know something within one week.

Work from home bonus - background noise unc at FSU followed by Duke at unc in 2004.
    Was that the Chris Duhon layup game? Classic.

Sigh. I miss sports.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Final interview was about 1.25 hours. I think it went very well. I will know something within one week.
    Mega-Mojo to you, brother.

Sigh. I miss sports.
    OMG I think I just spoiled it

OMG I think I just spoiled it
    I think so. Plus they lose in OT in the current game. FSU had been down by 27.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The guinea pigs are having "floor time" right now.

Sigh. I miss sports.
    I watched a stage from the 2011 Tour de France today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That was my earlier background noise. I love the Alpe d'Huez stages. Since working from home is new, I hadn't realized they were replaying past stages each day since there isn't a Tour in July. Hopefully, they will be able to pull it off at the end of August.

That was my earlier background noise. I love the Alpe d'Huez stages. Since working from home is new, I hadn't realized they were replaying past stages each day since there isn't a Tour in July. Hopefully, they will be able to pull it off at the end of August.
    Given how well they test for PEDs, I am sure that the testing for COVID will be beyond reproach.

Sigh. I miss sports.
    Yep - he still makes that play.

The Laettner Shot - watching it never gets old.

And the thing I love best about it? It goes in. Every. Single. Time!

The Laettner Shot - watching it never gets old.

And the thing I love best about it? It goes in. Every. Single. Time!
    Back in the spring, when CBS re-aired NCAAT classics in lieu of an actual tournament, I watched the game and I was rather surprised to find myself legitimately nervous for the entire second half.

Back in the spring, when CBS re-aired NCAAT classics in lieu of an actual tournament, I watched the game and I was rather surprised to find myself legitimately nervous for the entire second half.
    It remains a very exciting game to watch.