Page 1447 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4479471347139714371445144614471448144914571497154719472447 ... LastLast
Results 28,921 to 28,940 of 67382
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, it appears I have scared everyone off. On to other things. And finishing up another Duke Basketball book.
    No, I just had to go work on my jigsaw puzzle. I want to get it done as quickly as possible, which isn't very quick, since it's only the black (wait, is that a little bit of dark brown in the middle of that black?) pieces left. I'm having to brute force it - organize all the pieces by shape and try all the ones that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I need a larger screen - sometime before hoops restarts, whenever that may be.

I'm so tired of ESPN squeezing the game into a window while showing some meaningless interview or 92 foot thing.

-jk
    I got myself a manly man 55" Samsung to watch all the sports that aren't on...as soon as it was set up, I tuned to the various ESPN channels to see some action, and all I could find (much to my wife's amusement) was a bunch of paunchy guys in the Johnsonville (brats) Cornhole Championship, which was worth a chuckle and little else.

I think you have until next summer before you have to worry about any meaningful live college sports action (sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Not the comfy chair!
    All MP’sFC references deserve sporks. Alas, I need to spread . . . .

You need a more comfy chair.

-jk
    I don't think I would get much watching done - but I would get in a lot of naps.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I got myself a manly man 55" Samsung to watch all the sports that aren't on...as soon as it was set up, I tuned to the various ESPN channels to see some action, and all I could find (much to my wife's amusement) was a bunch of paunchy guys in the Johnsonville (brats) Cornhole Championship, which was worth a chuckle and little else.

I think you have until next summer before you have to worry about any meaningful live college sports action (sigh).
    I highly recommend English Premier League soccer/fútbol even if you’re not a fan. High-quality athletic work.

A few great matches so far today. Bournemouth hosting Leicester City starts on NBCSN soon. Bournemouth fighting to avoid relegation, so they have a lot of reason to fight. Leicester City a few years ago won the league at 500:1 odds so a personal favorite.

Another book finished.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I highly recommend English Premier League soccer/fútbol even if you’re not a fan. High-quality athletic work.

A few great matches so far today. Bournemouth hosting Leicester City starts on NBCSN soon. Bournemouth fighting to avoid relegation, so they have a lot of reason to fight.
    Yes, I'm very much into that...a true oasis in our current sports desert...Me mum was a Liverpudlian, so I got me some EPL roots...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yes, I'm very much into that...a true oasis in our current sports desert...Me mum was a Liverpudlian, so I got me some EPL roots...
    I became a Liverpool fan one I learned that Pink Floyd used “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Anfield in a favorite song:

(From a more recent tour by Nick Mason — which I thoroughly enjoyed).

I respect that Liverpool, despite The Beatles, use a slightly older Gerry & the Pacemakers song as their rally cry.

The Merseyside Darby’s are brutal — Liverpool, Everton, Man U, Man City . . . .

All MP’sFC references deserve sporks. Alas, I need to spread . . . .
    Theater people have to write short biosketches for the program when they work on a show. Most of us look at this as a chore. When you're a pro and you have something in a Playbill, it's all straight forward "this actor has been in these shows at these theaters", not so much personal detail, but at lower levels where your cast isn't a bunch of famous people, the biosketches are supposed to give the audience a feel for who the actors/directors/technical staff are.

One year, I directed a short play, and no one was interested in writing a biosketch. I offered to write them for everybody on the condition that I could make stuff up. One cast member's last name was (still is) Jones. Another had (still has) an unusual name that is hard to pronounce.

I wrote:

Michelle "Hard to Pronounce" is so tired of people getting her name wrong that she is moving to LA and changing her name to Jones. She wants everyone to call her MJ from now on and will be applying for the trademark on all things MJ.

Sara is so tired of keeping up with the Joneses that she is changing her name to Luxury Yacht (but it's pronounced Throatwarbler Mangrove).

Theater people have to write short biosketches for the program when they work on a show. Most of us look at this as a chore. When you're a pro and you have something in a Playbill, it's all straight forward "this actor has been in these shows at these theaters", not so much personal detail, but at lower levels where your cast isn't a bunch of famous people, the biosketches are supposed to give the audience a feel for who the actors/directors/technical staff are.

One year, I directed a short play, and no one was interested in writing a biosketch. I offered to write them for everybody on the condition that I could make stuff up. One cast member's last name was (still is) Jones. Another had (still has) an unusual name that is hard to pronounce.

I wrote:

Michelle "Hard to Pronounce" is so tired of people getting her name wrong that she is moving to LA and changing her name to Jones. She wants everyone to call her MJ from now on and will be applying for the trademark on all things MJ.

Sara is so tired of keeping up with the Joneses that she is changing her name to Luxury Yacht (but it's pronounced Throatwarbler Mangrove).
    Quality stuff!

I respect that Liverpool, despite The Beatles, use a slightly older Gerry & the Pacemakers song as their rally cry.

The Merseyside Darby’s are brutal — Liverpool, Everton, Man U, Man City . . . .
    Uhm, you do know that the original isn't Gerry & the Pacemakers, yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izigJX1pxI

Uhm, you do know that the original isn't Gerry & the Pacemakers, yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izigJX1pxI
    Actually, I did NOT know that. Thanks! I knew that G&tP from Liverpool had a hit with it prior to the Beatles arriving on the scene there.

Your video led me to opera legend (and Augusta Ga. native) Jessye Norman’s version:

FWIW, the cross-street of my office building is “Jessye Norman Blvd.”

Well, then, I might not be that much of a musicals fan, but I know my show tunes anyway.

I mean, I know the words to "I Feel Pretty" even though I hate it.

I mean, I know the words to "I Feel Pretty" even though I hate it.
    How do you solve a problem, live Bdevil?

Concerning show tunes: OK, so one of the best old ones I remember (and used to knock out on the piano as a wee kid) is On The Street Where You Live...the other night, I was watching an episode of Better Things (something I picked up during the 'demic via the New Yorker critic calling it her favorite show on TV)..and there we had a bunch of friends drinking and singing around the piano...somewhat pedestrian (though the episode was terrific) until the tune wrapped up at the 2:21 mark of the following, Norm Lewis really belts it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLnZwDmyhk

It is hot.

Another book finished.
    The suspense is killing me!

What book?

-jk

The suspense is killing me!

What book?

-jk
    Have a copy of The Legends Club that I’ll probably start next.

Rehearsing Romeo & Juliet by a backyard pool = fun!