Page 1433 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4339331333138314231431143214331434143514431483153319332433 ... LastLast
Results 28,641 to 28,660 of 67384
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Throwback Thursday Adventure featuring The Drewsk.

Huge football fan, The Drewsk decides to give the "no-cut" freshman football team a try. He breaks his wrist during the 4th practice. Spends the season carrying a clipboard for the coach. Gets his cast off in time to play in the second to last game of the season. Gets into the game for 3 plays. Comes down with pneumonia the next week and misses the final game.

After "playing" football for one season, The Drewsk becomes much less of a football fan.

My football career lasted a couple seasons. I was rail thin as a kid, so getting pushed around by the heavier kids my age just wasn’t my thing.

I was called Sticks by a few people in my day, but Yamo was the much easier and unique identifier that stuck.

If you brush a tortilla with olive oil and garlic powder, and broil both sides for a bit, you have a passable naan bread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you brush a tortilla with olive oil and garlic powder, and broil both sides for a bit, you have a passable naan bread.
    I have lots of tortillas, olive oil and garlic powder...

I'm on the "cookbook committee" at Arrow's high school. We need recipes. If I send it in though, it will be listed under my name. But, if anyone would like to have a recipe immortalized in the Chapel Hill - Chauncey Hall Cookbook, please feel free to send it to me. I was going to send in the family favorite "Senator Russell's Sweet Potatoes" but we we finally found out who Senator Russell was (after many years of eating his sweet potato casserole with almost no curiosity). His track record on race relations is substandard. I suppose I could still send in the recipe without his name attached.

I get a little defensive when people starting ragging on "Karens", because, let's face it, there wouldn't be "cookbook committees" without the Karens of the world. Or Yelp reviews. Or end of the school year class picnics. Or Beautification Societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm on the "cookbook committee" at Arrow's high school. We need recipes. If I send it in though, it will be listed under my name. But, if anyone would like to have a recipe immortalized in the Chapel Hill - Chauncey Hall Cookbook, please feel free to send it to me. I was going to send in the family favorite "Senator Russell's Sweet Potatoes" but we we finally found out who Senator Russell was (after many years of eating his sweet potato casserole with almost no curiosity). His track record on race relations is substandard. I suppose I could still send in the recipe without his name attached.
    BD, you already know this about me, but I love to share recipes. Any sort of thing in particular that you’re looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    BD, you already know this about me, but I love to share recipes. Any sort of thing in particular that you’re looking for?
    I did know this! You took the bait! Let me find out what categories are on the under-represented side and get back to you.

What do you need?

Surely with "Chapel Hill - Chauncey Hall Cookbook" as the theme, we can come up with some Duke recipes...

-jk

They mostly refer to themselves as C H C H. Their mascot is the Chargers. We call it Cha-Cha.

I will ask the cookbook committee chairman which categories need more recipes and post soon.

I think I will start reviewing all the flavors of Spindrift.

My favorite is Lemon. Only 3 calories a can! It's got just enough fizz to satisfy my soda cravings and the lemon flavor is not overpowering. Lemonade is much sweeter - and sometimes I'd rather have a lemonade. But since drinking plain water get boring and I am perpetually trying to keep my soda intake to an absolute minimum, I am very happy that Spindrifts are now a thing.

What is Spindrift?

Good morning.

Is Spindrift local or regional?

Wow, looks like it could be - their address is listed as Newton!

https://drinkspindrift.com/