Page 1426 of 2755 FirstFirst ... 4269261326137614161424142514261427142814361476152619262426 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,520 of 55099
  1. #28501
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If you are lucky, the metal fencing around it has blown down and you can look backwards as you head west and spy it from I-70.
    Nope, it's my destination.

    As they say, I'm prairie dogging it to the largest prairie dog in the world!

    I think I used that expression correctly...

  2. #28502
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What is the "hot and cold water towers" in Canton?
    99A3E824-B9C8-4119-876E-7D509BA07BAD.jpg

    Trip Advisor ranks it as the #6 attraction in Pratt, KS.

  3. #28503
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What is the "hot and cold water towers" in Canton?
    00184200910080438503092.jpg

    Here are the towers from Canton.

  4. #28504
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    99A3E824-B9C8-4119-876E-7D509BA07BAD.jpg

    Trip Advisor ranks it as the #6 attraction in Pratt, KS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    00184200910080438503092.jpg

    Here are the towers from Canton.
    Canton gets bonus points for the red lettering.

  5. #28505
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Canton gets bonus points for the red lettering.
    It is hard to tell in this picture, but cold is in blue.

  6. #28506
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It is hard to tell in this picture, but cold is in blue.
    2X Points!

  7. #28507
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Cher did a version of West Side Story where she played all the parts:

    https://twitter.com/jrawson/status/1...742789121?s=21

    Youíre welcome. (Although I can go back to the old Pink Floyd videos if you prefer. You donít want to see the third option.)

  8. #28508
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Oh, and Iíve found my soul animal:

    https://bgr.com/2020/06/19/alcoholic...y-india-kalua/

  9. #28509
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Cher did a version of West Side Story where she played all the parts:

    https://twitter.com/jrawson/status/1...742789121?s=21

    You’re welcome. (Although I can go back to the old Pink Floyd videos if you prefer. You don’t want to see the third option.)

    Hopefully the real life version of Monkey Shines wasn’t behind curtain #3.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 06-19-2020 at 11:07 PM.

  10. #28510
    Good morning and thank you.

    I posted what I was listening to last night, a Pink Floyd song, and linked to a YouTube video of it. The song was Comfortably Numb. For those that are familiar with the song it comes from the album The Wall and the video was an except from the movie of the same name. I regret the decision to post it and requested that the post be removed. They mods here have done that and for that I thank them.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 06-20-2020 at 08:24 AM.

  11. #28511
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning and thank you.

    I posted what I was listening to last night, a Pink Floyd song, and linked to a YouTube video of it. The song was Comfortably Numb. For those that are familiar with the song it comes from the album The Wall and the video was an except from the movie of the same name. I regret the decision to post it and requested that the post be removed. They mods here have done that and for that I thank them.
    Ah so. Yes, there are some dirty images as I recall.

  12. #28512
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Just got back from kayaking. No one on the water when I hit it at 7:30; an armada on the river by 9:45 when I got back to the boat ramp.

    Leaving the kayak on the vehicle so I can hit it even earlier tomorrow. Nothing like sunrise and fog on a back river.

  13. #28513
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just got back from kayaking. No one on the water when I hit it at 7:30; an armada on the river by 9:45 when I got back to the boat ramp.

    Leaving the kayak on the vehicle so I can hit it even earlier tomorrow. Nothing like sunrise and fog on a back river.
    Yeah, river put ins around here have been swamped by midday on weekends. I much prefer week day floats when I have the opportunity.

  14. #28514
    Bike trail was a bit busy. Hoping it isn't as busy on weekdays. We are having the family bike trip locally the week leading up to the 4th.

  15. #28515
    Yard done, may be time for another Covid haircut.

  16. #28516
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Pool vacuumed, scrubbed, salted, and shocked. Darn thing gets bigger every year it seems. Pretty sure it has a leak, losing water too fast for evaporation alone. My dog seems to like it though.

  17. #28517
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Pool vacuumed, scrubbed, salted, and shocked. Darn thing gets bigger every year it seems. Pretty sure it has a leak, losing water too fast for evaporation alone. My dog seems to like it though.
    We had to kill our pool a few years ago. Repairs were estimated at $25k. Which is a lot for a house like ours. It was never a real option.

    Not to mention, pool season here is about three months long.

    I do miss it after mowing the lawn though.

  18. #28518
    Pool installers have been busy in my neighborhood the last couple of months. Houses with them sell much faster. , but not are they expensive.

  19. #28519
    Watched some EPL on NBC earlier. Didnít look that great to me...

  20. #28520
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We had to kill our pool a few years ago. Repairs were estimated at $25k. Which is a lot for a house like ours. It was never a real option.

    Not to mention, pool season here is about three months long.

    I do miss it after mowing the lawn though.
    Whatíd you do, have it filled in?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •