Page 1424 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 4249241324137414141422142314241425142614341474152419242424 ... LastLast
Results 28,461 to 28,480 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    As to all the Iron Man stuff, I don't do it. My best (yes, best) time running the Boston Marathon is 6:02:41. It was my dream to break 6 hours but it's highly unlikely that I ever will. I gave myself a stress fracture running it in 2017 and I haven't gotten any younger since then. However, since I last ran, I have become good friends with a woman who lives in Hopkinton and will let me stay at her house the night before the marathon. I'm thinking I might need to give it one more go now that I can stay overnight in Hopkinton, roll out of bed, and run 26 miles. I'll walk the last .2.

For those of you who have not been following my marathon career - I do Galloway Method. Run/walk at regular intervals. It does put less wear and tear on my knees (although I still have to baby them). I have carried over the run/walk mentality to 5ks. For anything over a 10k, I run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute. For the short distances, I run 3 1/2 minutes, walk 1 1/2 minutes. It's not a winning strategy, but my goal isn't winning, it's finishing upright and smiling. Or by doing a cartwheel over the finish line.

Started taking Lipitor this week. I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Started taking Lipitor this week. I feel old.
    Get off my lawn.

Just got my COVID test.

Not sure what to hope for at this point, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Get off my lawn.

Just got my COVID test.

Not sure what to hope for at this point, to be honest.
    Hoping for the best, whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Hoping for the best, whatever that is.
    Well stated

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well stated
    I am also hoping for the best.

Whatever it is.

X3 Hoping for the best outcome for you, your wife, your business partner and their family and your employees.

I’d probably break an arm trying to do a cartwheel.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I’d probably break an arm trying to do a cartwheel.

That would be a tragedy, because it would likely reduce my posting here.

Show off!

But has he ever sent you an email? He sent me one.

I have a couple of things signed by him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have a couple of things signed by him too.
    That is the only item I’ve got signed by him.

Show off!

But has he ever sent you an email? He sent me one.
    Nope, no e-mails.

I have probably told this story before, but I mailed Coach K a copy of my play about a couple who find each other through an online dating site and when they meet in person it's love at first sight until they find out she went to Duke and he went to Carolina. He still wants to give it a try but she kills the attraction by telling him, "I think Coach K is sexy." A couple of weeks after I mailed it I got an email from him saying thank you and telling me that he loved the play, especially the ending.

So, I got that going for me.

I have probably told this story before, but I mailed Coach K a copy of my play about a couple who find each other through an online dating site and when they meet in person it's love at first sight until they find out she went to Duke and he went to Carolina. He still wants to give it a try but she kills the attraction by telling him, "I think Coach K is sexy." A couple of weeks after I mailed it I got an email from him saying thank you and telling me that he loved the play, especially the ending.
    That's awesome! How on earth does he have time for all of the things he is able to do?!?!

I read where some folks made a movie on zoom a few weeks ago, rented a theater to show it, and thereby had the largest box office film of the week. You could do that, as a series of short vignettes. I could not attend from here but would buy a virtual ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I read where some folks made a movie on zoom a few weeks ago, rented a theater to show it, and thereby had the largest box office film of the week. You could do that, as a series of short vignettes. I could not attend from here but would buy a virtual ticket.
    Nice! If and when the Zoom version of our Romeo & Juliet becomes available, I will provide the link. I look absolutely terrible but, I'm playing a monk, so, I purposefully did not wear make-up and rather severely pulled my hair back. Not the look I will go for if I ever have the chance to meet Tom Hiddleston.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That's awesome! How on earth does he have time for all of the things he is able to do?!?!
    I did send it to him in the off season of a non-Olympic year and it's a 10 minute play so, he could have read it during a coffee break.