Page 1415 of 2757 FirstFirst ... 4159151315136514051413141414151416141714251465151519152415 ... LastLast
Results 28,281 to 28,300 of 55122
  1. #28281
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have told my husband many times that if anything ever happens to him, I'm going condo. I don't do yardwork. It's in the pre-nup. (We don't have a pre-nup, but we joke about it. His jobs are dealing with spiders and yardwork.)
    Well, that is nothing like going commando.

  2. #28282
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, that is nothing like going commando.
    I think we're probably all grateful that it isn't.

  3. #28283
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yes, I always make sure to have peppermint and basil growing each summer. Mint tea, and basil snipped over some garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with balsamic drizzle. I'm hungry.
    I havenít had fresh mozzarella in a while. Mmmm...

  4. #28284
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I havenít had fresh mozzarella in a while. Mmmm...
    The only kind I put on homemade pizza anymore. Ruins it for the other stuff.

  5. #28285
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Does garlic powder really go bad? Garlic cloves I understand...
    In my experience, it just sorta solidifies and becomes unusable.

  6. #28286
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    In my experience, it just sorta solidifies and becomes unusable.
    I witnessed some of that when disposing of some yesterday.

  7. #28287
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    -jk and I graduated from Jordan the same year but he doesn't remember me.
    Ouch! It was a long time ago (and I'm horrible at names).

    -jk

  8. #28288
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yes, I always make sure to have peppermint and basil growing each summer. Mint tea, and basil snipped over some garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with balsamic drizzle. I'm hungry.
    How do you do your tea?

    I've had mixed success with making small batch, flavored teas. I feel much more confident in my lemonade game right now.

  9. #28289
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Ouch! It was a long time ago (and I'm horrible at names).

    -jk
    Yeah, yeah. I remember you. And I think I even remember which dorm you lived in at Duke (House CC?) although, to be fair, our paths rarely crossed once we both wound up at Duke. I hung out with very few Jordan types at Duke. I used to be fantastic with names. I'm not as good now but I'm still great with faces, so, I know that I should know your name.

    Also, to be fair, I might not recognize you now unless you still have the blond shaggy 'do.

  10. #28290
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How do you do your tea?

    I've had mixed success with making small batch, flavored teas. I feel much more confident in my lemonade game right now.
    I take a 1 quart pyrex measuring cup of cold water and add three family sized tea bags or six regular bags. I add either a couple of sprigs of fresh mint leaves (maybe a tablespoon or two?) or one peppermint tea bag (during the winter when no mint is growing). Microwave for 5 minutes then let sit for a few minutes. In the meantime, put your sugar (if you use it - I use 1/3 cup) in your pitcher and add about 2 cups of cold water. The sugar WILL dissolve in cold water. Add the hot tea. Pour 2 more cups of cold water over the tea bags in the Pyrex. Let sit a minute or two, then add to pitcher. I tend to squeeze every bit of tea out of the bags that I can. Enjoy. You can also add one Constant Comment or any other flavored bag instead of mint.

  11. #28291
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I'm a sun tea man m'self, usually just Lipton bags.

  12. #28292
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm a sun tea man m'self, usually just Lipton bags.

    I thought there were bacterial growth issues with sun tea?

  13. #28293
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought there were bacterial growth issues with sun tea?
    I've never had such trouble with sun tea. 9 bags...exactly 9, in a gallon jar, set it out until it turns the right color, stir in just a bit of stevia.

  14. #28294
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    As for pizza, my wife and I made one of our signature summer pies the other night on her delicious homemade crust:
    Red sauce, garlic, mozzarella, gorgonzola, prosciutto, fresh basil, caramelized onions, roasted peaches. Yum.

  15. #28295
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    As for pizza, my wife and I made one of our signature summer pies the other night on her delicious homemade crust:
    Red sauce, garlic, mozzarella, gorgonzola, prosciutto, fresh basil, caramelized onions, roasted peaches. Yum.
    LEBOW.jpg



    I assumed 'dude' would be appropriate given your admission of a chest length mane in the other thread...

  16. #28296
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yankees do not know how to make iced tea.

    Yeah, I said it.

  17. #28297
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yankees do not know how to make iced tea.

    Yeah, I said it.
    Oh. My. Goodness. You are so right! I almost spit out some a transplant made. All I could do to keep it down. How do you mess up tea?!? But she did.

  18. #28298
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've never had such trouble with sun tea. 9 bags...exactly 9, in a gallon jar, set it out until it turns the right color, stir in just a bit of stevia.
    Snopes has this:

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/steep-risk/

  19. #28299
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Glad I never got in the habit of making sun tea!

  20. #28300
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What tea brands do people use to make their iced tea?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •