Page 1407 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4079071307135713971405140614071408140914171457150719072407 ... LastLast
Results 28,121 to 28,140 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Seems to me, they are just trying to drum up some business.
    Who? The Laughter folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Who? The Laughter folks?
    Yeah, but it really hasn’t helped their ratings.

The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and the Drewsk.

Meanwhile The Drewsk took care of the youngest brother (who needs a nickname, his friends sometimes call him Sticks, let's go with that), meanwhile, The Drewsk was in charge of making sure Sticks had food and exercise. Panera Bread was involved as was a spirited game of H-O-R-S-E in the driveway.

Does he want to team up in the backcourt with Tyus?

I need to find something new to read.

Maybe I should dig out my old Xbox?

Or I could build a new PC.

I need to downsize a car or two.

I think the two cars likely to go are the '68 Firebird convertible and the '70 GS455 convertible. The latter is a project and I just don't think I have the stomach for another one.

That will leave me with:

'68 Firebird coupe
    '70 Buick Skylark Custom convertible
    '71 Trans Am

I missed the NASCAR race today. I assume they are social distancing with their cars.

When I was in high school, The Monkees went through a bit of a revival. Whatever happened with them?

I replaced two sprinkler heads this morning. Tomorrow is my once a week watering day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    There is always going to be a certain percentage of people who either don’t recognize or don’t appreciate (sometimes both) artistic genius.

Bob Dylan is the greatest singer-songwriter of all time. John Lennon is next. And Paul Simon is probably just behind those guys.

By the way, I like Edie Brickell and New Bohemians quite a lot. I still regularly listen to ‘Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars’ and ‘Ghost of a Dog’. I saw them in concert in Austin 30-ish years ago and it was a darn good show.
    If only Bob Dylan had a voice like Chris Cornell:

Good morning, hope everyone is doing okay.

When I was in high school, The Monkees went through a bit of a revival. Whatever happened with them?
    Well, two are dead. Just Mickey and Mike left.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well, two are dead. Just Mickey and Mike left.
    Sigh, the inexorable march of time. Use it wisely.

I need to find something new to read.
    I'm reading The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin.

I'm reading The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin.
    Interesting. I notice it is in the Broken Earth series. I'm aiming for a little more happy go lucky lately given the state of the news headlines, etc. Though in looking at what I've read lately it mostly centers around death and mayhem. As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm lamenting the "death" of the sitcom where you could count on some hijinks and laughs and less insight into the troubles of the world. I guess my '80s and '90s roots are showing.

Interesting. I notice it is in the Broken Earth series. I'm aiming for a little more happy go lucky lately given the state of the news headlines, etc. Though in looking at what I've read lately it mostly centers around death and mayhem. As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm lamenting the "death" of the sitcom where you could count on some hijinks and laughs and less insight into the troubles of the world. I guess my '80s and '90s roots are showing.
    Definitely not in the happy go lucky category.

How about Crazy Rich Asians? The movie is a RomCom, of course, but I started the book then put it down somewhere and my husband moved it and now I can't find it. I will eventually locate it and pick up where I left off. But, what I had read was not completely a "romance" novel. There was quite a bit of wry observation of life in Singapore that I was really enjoying.

Definitely not in the happy go lucky category.

How about Crazy Rich Asians? The movie is a RomCom, of course, but I started the book then put it down somewhere and my husband moved it and now I can't find it. I will eventually locate it and pick up where I left off. But, what I had read was not completely a "romance" novel. There was quite a bit of wry observation of life in Singapore that I was really enjoying.
    I did see the movie, but haven't read the book. And books generally do reveal more of the thoughts of the writer. I may check that one out.