Page 1402 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4029021302135213921400140114021403140414121452150219022402 ... LastLast
Results 28,021 to 28,040 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    But really - you don't know Marshall Crenshaw? I'm disappointed.
    I know him by name but not super familiar with his work.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I know him by name but not super familiar with his work.
    I can live with that.

Actually, I can't always tell you who is singing the song I'm currently listening to - probably because I tend to just listen to the radio so the artist doesn't really matter.

I want to say he did a free concert on West Campus quad when I was at Duke (in front of the Union) but the memory is hazy.

Stink bugs are such irritating little dummies
    Last edited by -jk; 06-05-2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: clarity

Man alive THAT was a thunderstorm last night. Tree limbs everywhere and all the patio furniture is off in the woods. Magnolia trees may be nice to look at but the leaves are a real pain to clean up.
    This is not my idea of fun.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Man alive THAT was a thunderstorm last night. Tree limbs everywhere and all the patio furniture is off in the woods. Magnolia trees may be nice to look at but the leaves are a real pain to clean up.
    This is not my idea of fun.
    Can’t remember where you are but there have been some derecho storms In the mid-Atlantic.

Well, I did listen to a lot of WXDU when I was a student. I went through some training to be a summer replacement DJ but I never actually got to go on the air. I did, however, win tickets to a Talking Heads concert from WXDU and it remains the best rock show I've even seen live.
    WXDU - if I remember correctly, played stuff like XTC and Human Sexual Response.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    WXDU - if I remember correctly, played stuff like XTC and Human Sexual Response.
    I think Camper Van Beethoven was the rage during my days. But, I’ll be honest, I’m fairly mainstream with my music tastes. I did go to few events on campus when bands came through. But I wasn’t expressly seeking them out.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 06-05-2020 at 08:24 AM.

I think Camper Van Beethoven was the rage during my days. But, I’ll be honest, I’m fairly mainstream with my music tastes. I did go to few events on campus when bands came through. But I was expressly seeking them out.
    “take the hands off the clock,
    we’re gonna be here awhile . . . .”

Always liked that line.

That one hammered us - we lost power for the better part of a week. One of my neighbors came to get his small kids from their rooms to go to the basement. Just after leaving one room, a large branch speared his roof, went through his kid's bed, and on into the kitchen below.

My BiL in Paoli had a massive oak branch hit his house in Paoli, PA, this week. It didn't spear, but did crush his eave.

Last night, in the DC area, we had a solid storm, but not too bad. Nothing major came down. (There's this dead branch, probably 50' up, about 6" in diameter. Fortunately, it's between houses...)

-jk

Whither goest Cristobal?

Mowing the lawn and replacing sprinkler heads will be the highlight of my weekend. I know, too exciting.

Mowing the lawn and replacing sprinkler heads will be the highlight of my weekend. I know, too exciting.
    You might try raising your mower’s blade a bit.

-jk

Thoughts on managing a difficult neighbor?

Solution 1 is some new privacy bushes so we don't have to look at each other so much!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Solution 1 is some new privacy bushes so we don't have to look at each other so much!
    Ahhh yes, the annoying neighbor. Bushes are an excellent first step. Holly bushes do well and stay evergreen just keep them semi trimmed so they'll fill out on the bottom instead of the top.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You might try raising your mower’s blade a bit.

-jk
    LOL, yea, I once destroyed a mower blade on a metal stake in my yard that I THOUGHT I had sufficient clearance to mow over!

I broke the lawn mower trying to mow in between two rocks. I was 11 at the time, so I use that as my excuse. Also string trimmers weren't a thing at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Six foot privacy fence? How far apart are your respective houses?