Page 1385 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3858851285133513751383138413851386138713951435148518852385 ... LastLast
Results 27,681 to 27,700 of 67392
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Old school...
    Decidedly old school. I'll do Scrabble online, I do crossword puzzles with a pen. Yeah, I use a pen, I find pencil is too messy, consequently I'm super careful and don't put words in on a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Decidedly old school. I'll do Scrabble online, I do crossword puzzles with a pen. Yeah, I use a pen, I find pencil is too messy, consequently I'm super careful and don't put words in on a hunch.
    Bold...

Bold...
    With a pencil, you are more likely to put stuff in that might be right, and pencil erasers on newsprint paper? Not fun.

And yes - bold, it's easier to read what you've already written in with a pen.

I use pen as well.

My grandmother had subscribed my wife and I to the NYT Crossword Puzzle Club for several years before her passing. Once a month we would get an envelope with 12 Sunday puzzles in the mail. It was amazing. They would pile up some months, then we'd work away at them in bad weather or on vacation.

Her passing somehow almost synced up with when the Crossword Puzzle Club morphed into an app. It was unfortunate, as for a few months after her passing, the envelopes full of puzzles felt like an even more special treat.

Vacuuming done, I guess it is time to sweep the tile...

Have we talked about vacuum cleaners here yet? I mean, now that we've done lawnmowers . . .

I can't remember so, this question may be a repeat, I say apologies, but I wouldn't mean it, so, might as well skip that bit. ;-)

Ok - question - I can't vacuum with my current vacuum cleaner (which like most appliances in my house is at least 25 years old) because it kicks up so much dust when I use it that my eyes swell shut. I entered into an argument recently about the proper order of cleaning, vacuum then dust or dust then vacuum. I vaccuum then dust because, like I said, my vacuum cleaner does a decent job of picking up stuff off the floor but a fair bit of the smaller dust particles end up being shot back into the air. Does anyone have a vacuum cleaner that doesn't do this? I had a few masks on hand (I've used them now) that I used to use when trying to clean the house. It got so bad though that I eventually just hired a cleaning service. Once I did that, there was no looking back. I'm playing my house cleaner right now not to come and my house could use a vacuuming, so, I'm looking to buy a new vacuum cleaner that won't put me out of commission for the rest of the day. Any suggestions?

I actually have 3: one for the rugs I have covering my tile floors, one for the carpet on the stairs, and one for the rest of the carpet.

I can actually spend more time sweeping the tile than vacuuming.

Watching golf, because that’s what is on.

Watching golf, because that’s what is on.
    Tom Brady has been looking like someone I could play golf with. Which is saying something special.

But he hit one AMAZING shot from 100 yards out that will amp the trash talk.

I always forget how personable Peyton is. And a good golfer too. He's quite likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tom Brady has been looking like someone I could play golf with. Which is saying something special.

Charles had to rattle the cage...

I always forget how personable Peyton is. And a good golfer too. He's quite likeable.
    Yeah, no. He lost me forever when he pinned the HGH stuff on his wife. That and the stories about the female trainer from Tennessee. Nope. IMHO it's a facade. But, I won't criticize you for liking him. Not trying to change anybody's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, no. He lost me forever when he pinned the HGH stuff on his wife. That and the stories about the female trainer from Tennessee. Nope. IMHO it's a facade. But, I won't criticize you for liking him. Not trying to change anybody's mind.
    More than fair. He has his warts like many other prominent athletes (several in this foursome).

Brady with the second most impressive shot of the day putting from the fringe.

Brady has had his moments...

I read something about Tiger having some issues a few years ago. Can't recall the details.

I read something about Tiger having some issues a few years ago. Can't recall the details.
    Lol, I meant on the course...