Page 1382 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3828821282133213721380138113821383138413921432148218822382 ... LastLast
Results 27,621 to 27,640 of 67370
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    When I was a toddler, I managed to burn my shin on my dad's gas powered mower. I don't remember the incident, I've only ever been told about it. But it left a scar. My mom was scared to let me go out in the yard when anybody was mowing the lawn for years afterwards.

Then, as I got older, my brothers could earn extra on their allowance if they mowed the lawn and they would not let me in on their money-making opportunities. I got paid extra to defrost the freezer. Oh joy. I got the same amount for doing that as they got for mowing the lawn. It only needed doing a couple of times a year but it would take all afternoon. Totally unfair. Down with the patriarchy!

So - in my mind, talking about beer is pretty much the same thing as talking about lawnmowers.

Still - I am interested in what are the crappy beers out there. So, denizens of the LTE, what beers do you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Still - I am interested in what are the crappy beers out there. So, denizens of the LTE, what beers do you hate?
    Sours. Wheats. No offense to Wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    IPAs. Is that fad over yet?

Pass the Guinness.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    IPAs. Is that fad over yet?

Pass the Guinness.

-jk
    Not if they are hazy, brah.

MtnDev...agree with you on sours. We had a brief discussion on that style during our Zoom virtual pub this evening. I recommend you join us next month

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What are sours?

What are sours?
    Something for the Ymm, Bourbon thread.

-jk

So, not beer? I told you I'm not much of a beer drinker although I did have a Corona last month (out of pity).

I mean - anybody remember that chocolate flavored weight loss supplement that used to show a lot commercials in the '70s - AIDS?

I do, however, drink beer more often than I mow the lawn.
    I mow the lawn more than I drink beer.

The hubby always jokes that on those occasional times when I order a beer, the race is on! Between me and evaporation.
    More often than not, evaporation wins...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I mow the lawn more than I drink beer.
    Cool. The hubby gave T-Bone a beer with dinner tonight. Narragansett. According to the hubby, "it's the beer you share with your buddies after mowing the lawn." Direct quote. He did not read this thread earlier.

When I was a toddler, I managed to burn my shin on my dad's gas powered mower. I don't remember the incident, I've only ever been told about it. But it left a scar. My mom was scared to let me go out in the yard when anybody was mowing the lawn for years afterwards.
    I broke the lawn mower at an early age. There were several blades of grass sticking up between two rocks. I though I could knock them down without hitting the rocks. I was wrong.

I broke the lawn mower at an early age. There were several blades of grass sticking up between two rocks. I though I could knock them down without hitting the rocks. I was wrong.
    That sounds like someone could have gotten hurt! Hope not.

Then, as I got older, my brothers could earn extra on their allowance if they mowed the lawn and they would not let me in on their money-making opportunities. I got paid extra to defrost the freezer. Oh joy. I got the same amount for doing that as they got for mowing the lawn. It only needed doing a couple of times a year but it would take all afternoon. Totally unfair. Down with the patriarchy!
    I had to mow the lawn, my sister didn’t have to do anything extra. I also washed cars.

That sounds like someone could have gotten hurt! Hope not.
    Just the mower. It was gone two weeks for repairs. These were the days before string trimmers which would quickly have resolved the issue.

So - in my mind, talking about beer is pretty much the same thing as talking about lawnmowers.
    That other thread might claim a false equivalence...

More often than not, evaporation wins...
    That sounds like my lovely wife beergoddess, who has acquired a taste for the best fruited sours - Rodenbach Alexander, New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian red, and New Glarus raspberry tart

but evaporation still wins. I use the same strategy on lawn-mowing