Page 1378 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 3788781278132813681376137713781379138013881428147818782378 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,560 of 67406
    Allergies were great until about 3 PM. I guess it is all relative.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm having enough allergy symptoms that they'll never allow me to work a graveyard shift handing out PPEs now!

They get annoying here in SA as they start in mid-December (mountain cedar) and run through early June.

Good morning!

Awww yeeeeaaahhhh, long weekend of junk tossing, burger grilling, pull-tabbing mayhem about to begin.

Come on Deebers, let's pretend we're cool! At the appropriate distance, of course. I have grown quite fond of distancing.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Awww yeeeeaaahhhh, long weekend of junk tossing, burger grilling, pull-tabbing mayhem about to begin.

Come on Deebers, let's pretend we're cool! At the appropriate distance, of course. I have grown quite fond of distancing.
    Q: how did the hipster burn his mouth?

A: he ate pizza before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Q: how did the hipster burn his mouth?

A: he ate pizza before it was cool.
    Yeah! That's the spirit! Dad jokes! Nothing shows cooler than those.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yeah! That's the spirit! Dad jokes! Nothing shows cooler than those.
    That’s my view.

My kids may disagree though.

One of the bedrock joys of having children is watching their eyes light up when a parent tells a groaner.

Another is when your precious child makes a comment that flattens you with laughter that can't be stopped. I mean cannot be stopped. Those are the best.

With all the junk tossing, weezie, when does the junk accumulation occur?

I do not accumulate junk, I accumulate really awesome stuff that at sometime in the future I will decide I don't need after all. Also, yarn. Yarn never becomes junk. Since I struck out with getting any of my sons to knit, I hope at least one of them marries somebody who appreciates yarn, I need to leave the really good stuff to somebody in my will! Or knit it, but it's unlikely I will ever knit all of it.

One friend who is a master of dad jokes has a son who is already trying to follow in his footsteps. The dad requested that we all post our favorite dad jokes for his son's 9th birthday this past week. Here were my contributions.

First I mentioned that on a walk through Newton Cemetery this week I came across the gravestone of one Josiah Eaton Bacon. For real. I should go back and take a picture.

Second: Where will a cat be when the lights go out?

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    In the dark

I have no dad jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I do not accumulate junk, I accumulate really awesome stuff that at sometime in the future I will decide I don't need after all. Also, yarn. Yarn never becomes junk. Since I struck out with getting any of my sons to knit, I hope at least one of them marries somebody who appreciates yarn, I need to leave the really good stuff to somebody in my will! Or knit it, but it's unlikely I will ever knit all of it.
    Do you ever have knit togethers on any of the video platforms?

When does a joke become a "dad joke?"
    When it becomes apparent

Breakfast tacos this morning. I’m now erring on the side of overcooking my food.

Eggnog scone this morning. (Plus, I licked the bowl from the cake I baked - somethings you just never outgrow.)

Niece Elizabeth and Nephew Michael are driving down for the weekend. Just found out they are bringing a bonus - Great Niece Gracie. On the agenda for the weekend - I'm picking up wedding cake samples for a cake tasting. Niece Elizabeth is also going to try on her mother's wedding dress - that should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do you ever have knit togethers on any of the video platforms?
    Yes.

The Drewsk is in the house! He got home from Maryland around 10pm last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    When does a joke become a "dad joke?"
    When it becomes apparent
    Winner.