Page 1375 of 2854 FirstFirst ... 3758751275132513651373137413751376137713851425147518752375 ... LastLast
Results 27,481 to 27,500 of 57067
  1. #27481
    Wet morning.

    Having my first overtly social interaction in three months later. Heading to a friend's house for a campfire. Depending on how many beverages I imbibe, I will be sleeping in a hammock tonight before coming home.

    Will not set foot in his house.

  2. #27482
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wet morning.

    Having my first overtly social interaction in three months later. Heading to a friend's house for a campfire. Depending on how many beverages I imbibe, I will be sleeping in a hammock tonight before coming home.

    Will not set foot in his house.
    That sounds like fun! Enjoy!

  3. #27483
    Huh. Power just went out.

  4. #27484
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Huh. Power just went out.
    If you've been watching Waco on Netflix you know that is an ominous sign.

  5. #27485
    It is going to be 99-101 here today. Losing power would indeed be ominous.

  6. #27486
    Looks like my neighbor had some flooding in her house as there have been multiple contractors going through the last couple days. Today they delivered a new refrigerator. Makes me want to disconnect my ice maker.

  7. #27487
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And I'm back. Either I accidentally turned off my computer yesterday or there was a weird glitch in the gotomypc system, but my work computer is now unavailable and I cannot get anything done today. I could cry. The PI wants to get an abstract submitted next week. Wankerville!!
    For me, lately, thatís what weekends are for. 🙁

  8. #27488
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    For me, lately, thatís what weekends are for. 🙁
    For crying? Or not getting anything done? Or maybe both?

  9. #27489
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    For crying? Or not getting anything done? Or maybe both?
    Getting work done that wasn't finished during the week.

  10. #27490
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Getting work done that wasn't finished during the week.
    Yeah, if I don't get this done before the weekend, I don't think that abstract is getting submitted.

    But then again - who wants to think about going to a conference right now anyway?

  11. #27491
    I certainly wouldnít be planning on going to one...

  12. #27492
    Wow. A good friend of twenty years, a fire, and whiskey helps the world fall away.

  13. #27493
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. A good friend of twenty years, a fire, and whiskey helps the world fall away.
    That's some great news. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

  14. #27494
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    That's some great news. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    X2, nice to get some stress relief!

  15. #27495
    After confirming that the chefs are wearing masks and gloves, it's take out sushi night for us. I'm worn out looking at my own stove. Doubting anything interesting can be produced there tonight.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  16. #27496
    Just had A/C serviced. Figuring out what to disinfect, etc. And staying away from last main talking spot(nearly 5 minutes) for a few hours. Yes, both had masks on.

  17. #27497
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I believe I've already reported here that our dishwasher died barely 2 weeks into the shutdown. Did I mention that I can no longer turn on the oven, although my husband has been able to manage it, but we can't change the temperature setting, everything bakes at 350 degrees F. Now that I'm typing it, yes, I'm pretty sure I did post about that. The washing machine is once again leaving about a half inch of standing water in the tub after every load.

  18. #27498
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I may have to set my foot down with the hubby and explain that the reason I'm stressing myself out so much with this wankery work project is to make money so that we can do things like buy a new washing machine to replace the one that keeps breaking and is at least 25 years old.

    I'll wait until things have opened up a bit here is Massachusetts.

  19. #27499
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I may have to set my foot down with the hubby and explain that the reason I'm stressing myself out so much with this wankery work project is to make money so that we can do things like buy a new washing machine to replace the one that keeps breaking and is at least 25 years old.

    I'll wait until things have opened up a bit here is Massachusetts.
    I would have loved to have waited but when it is 98F out, you can't At least it was all resolved quickly.

  20. #27500
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I would have loved to have waited but when it is 98F out, you can't At least it was all resolved quickly.
    I don't want to wait! I think I have to. Maybe not. If not, I'll do it as soon as I can.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •