Page 1374 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3748741274132413641372137313741375137613841424147418742374 ... LastLast
Results 27,461 to 27,480 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Have they at least managed to keep the Covid away?
    To date, yes. But, reopening obviously increases their exposure.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    To date, yes. But, reopening obviously increases their exposure.
    They aren't shutting down to non-permanent residents like the Florida Keys? Why not?

They aren't shutting down to non-permanent residents like the Florida Keys? Why not?
    They opened to public two days ago. They've not had a tourist since the Labor Day hurricane last year. They're on financial life support at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They opened to public two days ago. They've not had a tourist since the Labor Day hurricane last year. They're on financial life support at this point.
    Then I join with you in hoping they catch a [redacted] break.

I did just watch the Community Table Read...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I did just watch the Community Table Read...
    Me too! The Q and A after was great too. The principals all clearly like each other. All charming.

Damn, changing the strings on the 12-string and broke a peg. More delay . . . .

I hate when they pound on the door...

I hate when they pound on the door...
    The murder hornets?

Yeah - who is pounding on the door?

I went to a graduation party yesterday. One of the kids in the neighborhood graduated from Boston College on Sunday and her family threw together a little ceremony for her. Her father is also a professor there. They put up a banner over their front porch and had cupcakes and proseco set out on a table in the front yard. Around 20 people, all wearing face masks, attended. It was lovely. Dad put on his PhD robes, two of the graduate's professors showed up in their robes. They played "Pomp and Circumstance", on a computer I think, anyway, it got played. Dad gave a short but very sweet commencement address. It was by far the largest public gathering I've been to since I ate lunch in a restaurant on March 7th. My 20 year old son got to see a couple of high school friends (and people his own age for the first time since March 7th.) It felt good. I would only give us all a B+ on the social distancing, nobody hugged or touched but we probably got closer than 6 feet apart on multiple occasions. Now that the weather is getting better, I can see outdoor modest sized gatherings happening a lot. It didn't feel wrong or risky. I'm thinking I'd like to have "picnics" with a couple of girlfriends - bring our own food and meet somewhere we can sit outside 6 feet apart and have lunch together.

Amazon Prime delivery driver. I thought something was wrong and ran to the front door. Opened it, saw him there 6 feet away, yelled oh schies.., and slammed it shut. And then immediately fretted over what I may have just ingested.

Amazon Prime delivery driver. I thought something was wrong and ran to the front door. Opened it, saw him there 6 feet away, yelled oh schies.., and slammed it shut. And then immediately fretted over what I may have just ingested.
    I'm sure you're fine! Really! All this stuff is disconcerting but, in my effort to be reassuring, outdoor transmission is looking like it's exceedingly rare, and if your exposure was only a few seconds, you didn't have time to become infected unless the delivery guy was sneezing when you opened the door. I hope he wasn't sneezing.

I'm sure you're fine! Really! All this stuff is disconcerting but, in my effort to be reassuring, outdoor transmission is looking like it's exceedingly rare, and if your exposure was only a few seconds, you didn't have time to become infected unless the delivery guy was sneezing when you opened the door. I hope he wasn't sneezing.
    He wasn't, he had already moved back 6 feet and was taking a picture of where the package was left. And a few seconds is probably generous...

But as you noted, disconcerting...

Candygram.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Candygram.

-jk
    I’m only a dolphin, ma’am.

Good morning...

Good morning - off to work after my 5 second commute.

And I'm back. Either I accidentally turned off my computer yesterday or there was a weird glitch in the gotomypc system, but my work computer is now unavailable and I cannot get anything done today. I could cry. The PI wants to get an abstract submitted next week. Wankerville!!