Page 1366 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3668661266131613561364136513661367136813761416146618662366 ... LastLast
Results 27,301 to 27,320 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Cover your tomatoes.

Sunny though. Feels good.
    Yep. Got my essentials for patio lounging. Cheers!

Attention sagegrouse...

https://twitter.com/wiredscience/sta...786634752?s=21

Video about a robot sagegrouse to study sagegrouse behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Attention sagegrouse...

https://twitter.com/wiredscience/sta...786634752?s=21

Video about a robot sagegrouse to study sagegrouse behaviour.
    This is outrageous. Mating prospects aren't very good this year, and now the scientists are using robot females?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think they are called Fembots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYj4YDgwrs0

First day open was a big success! Customers were friendly and excited to be there. The respected our wishes for face coverings and hand sanitizer upon entry. Sales were solid - not usual May Saturday good, but decent. Some customers still preferred to purchase online and do curbside pickup.

Did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Felt like a little step towards normalcy. Also, we nice to see strangers.

Lots of out of town folks, despite the local ban on tourism. Folks from SC, OH, VA. They were pleasant as well.

Big decisions looming about how to bring back staff who are sitting pretty on unemployment, but we are making a plan that will ease them back in and give them a nice bonus when they go full time and lose unemployment benefits.

These last few weeks of trying to make plans I'm a world bereft of good advice, leadership, and information have been exhausting. I look forward to several months from now when things are more normal and I can take my Ocracoke trip that was delayed because of the hurricane, then delayed because of the virus.

If you want to check us out, visit https://secondgearwnc.com/ for cheap outdoor gear! We ship!

Mods, it's the last time I will shamelessly promote my business.

Everyone please stay safe and healthy.

Glad to hear it went well, Mtn Devil!

First day open was a big success! Customers were friendly and excited to be there. The respected our wishes for face coverings and hand sanitizer upon entry. Sales were solid - not usual May Saturday good, but decent. Some customers still preferred to purchase online and do curbside pickup.

Did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Felt like a little step towards normalcy. Also, we nice to see strangers.

Lots of out of town folks, despite the local ban on tourism. Folks from SC, OH, VA. They were pleasant as well.

Big decisions looming about how to bring back staff who are sitting pretty on unemployment, but we are making a plan that will ease them back in and give them a nice bonus when they go full time and lose unemployment benefits.

These last few weeks of trying to make plans I'm a world bereft of good advice, leadership, and information have been exhausting. I look forward to several months from now when things are more normal and I can take my Ocracoke trip that was delayed because of the hurricane, then delayed because of the virus.

If you want to check us out, visit https://secondgearwnc.com/ for cheap outdoor gear! We ship!

Good for you! Good luck with all of it!

Excellent! It looks like you have a good thing going in the Asheville community if you've paid out $3.5M to your consignors and donated $40K to non-profits. I'm not an expert on such businesses but that sounds impressive!

I can personally attest that Second Gear has it going on. Ordered online, could not have been a smoother deal.

Good luck!

Very encouraging to hear Mt.Dev. You're a brave soul. Stay well and strong!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I miss going to yarn stores.

I do miss going in to work. The building was much better able to maintain particle free air than my current home setup.

Happy Mother’s Day!

52F earlier this morning, 84F this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    Thank you OPK! Mrs. OPK is a lucky mom too!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    Thank you!

Happy Mother's Day!

My parents are headed to the golf course for the first time in two months.

Moms are the best. Hope you all have a great day!

Just called my mom. She and Dad are in their 80s and hunkered down in Durham but doing well.

Haircut #2 was administered this afternoon.