Page 1337 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 3378371237128713271335133613371338133913471387143718372337 ... LastLast
Results 26,721 to 26,740 of 67668
    Thick as pea soup...

My dorkiest talent? I'm very good at delivering an exciting address in a very dull monotone.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    The worst sunburn I ever saw was on my teenage brother in the early 60’s. Remember sunlamps? He rigged one up over his bed, and anticipated staying under it for a brief period to start a tan before a beach trip. Unfortunately, he fell asleep for hours. I had never seen a PURPLE sunburn before, and haven’t since then. Doctor visits and many days of misery for my brother ensued. (My father smashed the sunlamp.)
    Worst sunburn I've had was the dreaded raccoon face from skiing all day w/o sunscreen. Goggle kept a stripe around my eyes red and from mid-cheek down was blistering red heck.

My high school theater teacher was not pleased. The semester play opened not long after and I'm pretty sure the people and creatures in Midsummer's Night Dream weren't big skiers.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Worst sunburn I've had was the dreaded raccoon face from skiing all day w/o sunscreen. Goggle kept a stripe around my eyes red and from mid-cheek down was blistering red heck.

My high school theater teacher was not pleased. The semester play opened not long after and I'm pretty sure the people and creatures in Midsummer's Night Dream weren't big skiers.
    Who did you play?

I've assistant directed and acted in A Midsummer Night's Dream 4 times since 2014. I've played Titania/Hippolyta and Egeus/Peter Quince. It is my favorite Shakespeare play.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Come on now BD, give me a D!!

Hey, I should dust off the old jr. high school baton and twirl while you cheer! Yep, weezie was a majorette. A very tall, gawky and pretty awful majorette.

Time for the rest of you to confess your dorkiest talents!

Ready, begin...
    Cheerleading is not my dorkiest talent, I'm afraid. I was actually rather good at it. Baton twirling is featured in one of my plays.

Ok - dorky talent or "stupid human trick", I can touch my nose with my tongue. It's harder now that I'm older but I can still make contact, barely. I can also still do a cartwheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Who did you play?

I've assistant directed and acted in A Midsummer Night's Dream 4 times since 2014. I've played Titania/Hippolyta and Egeus/Peter Quince. It is my favorite Shakespeare play.
    Theseus. Would have had some stage time together if you played Hippolyta!

IIRC, it was one of the more ambitious plays my HS put on in terms of set design. That and Wizard of Oz. From a content perspective, Spring Awakening (as a one act, not the rock musical).

Cheerleading is not my dorkiest talent, I'm afraid. I was actually rather good at it. Baton twirling is featured in one of my plays.

Ok - dorky talent or "stupid human trick", I can touch my nose with my tongue. It's harder now that I'm older but I can still make contact, barely. I can also still do a cartwheel.
    This sort of information is why I read this thread! Perfect LTE material.

I could not care any less about work right now. This is all completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I could not care any less about work right now. This is all completely pointless.
    If it preserves cash flow to you for the time being, it does have some value.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If it preserves cash flow to you for the time being, it does have some value.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Try not to think about the fact that your feeling may or may not have anything to do with COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This sort of information is why I read this thread! Perfect LTE material.
    You're welcome!

... Baton twirling is featured in one of my plays...

Wait a minute! Could this be the beginning of my comeback?! Do you want my agent's number?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Wait a minute! Could this be the beginning of my comeback?! Do you want my agent's number?
    Do juggling and hacky-sack have any marketable ramifications?

Did I just out myself in regards to a misspent youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Do juggling and hacky-sack have any marketable ramifications?

That's up to BD but I'm thinking the juggling just put you in the script.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sadly, I don't think I had any dorky talents. I was just dorky. (I don't think staying up late reading a book counts as a talent.)

Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight!
    Sadly, the Wu-Tang Clan cannot hang tonight due to social distancing restrictions.

The fact that ODB is dead kinda hurts too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sadly, the Wu-Tang Clan cannot hang tonight due to social distancing restrictions.

This post ain't nothing to eff with.

How well would they have meshed with our hype man*, Flavor Flav?

*Still in contract negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

COVID-19 Rules Everything Around Me