Page 1319 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3198191219126913091317131813191320132113291369 ... LastLast
Results 26,361 to 26,380 of 28352

Pure 70's kitsch

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is it your sole source of comfort when you think "there is no place like home"?
    When I think of home, I picture family - the place doesn't matter - the never live anywhere longer than 4 years syndrome. The opening scene of M*A*S*H puts me in my house ni Seoul - combination of the sound of helicopters and the hills. I know it was filmed in California but the hills remind me of the ones around our company compound. Great memories from those 4 years.

WINE TIME!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I just got done with whine time...

Bad time to start looking for a new job. Thankful to be employed, but boy am I ready for a change of scenery.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bad time to start looking for a new job. Thankful to be employed, but boy am I ready for a change of scenery.
    This issue came up with a friend of mine about an hour ago. Feel your pain.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Two of my sons had summer jobs lined up that look like they are not going to happen. Another one had planned to use his spring break to look for one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Depending upon the industry and willingness to relocate, some areas are hiring right now. I've had multiple calls in the last week which would likely lead to offers if I am willing to relocate to California or Washington(state).

Depending upon the industry and willingness to relocate, some areas are hiring right now. I've had multiple calls in the last week which would likely lead to offers if I am willing to relocate to California or Washington(state).
    It will be an interesting employment, and entrepreneurial, environment come the end of the year. It looks like the environment will be markedly different. Opportunity, and worry.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It will be an interesting employment, and entrepreneurial, environment come the end of the year. It looks like the environment will be markedly different. Opportunity, and worry.
    Yes, only time will tell. For me, we are seeing a sea of baby boomers exiting the work force. I've worked with a couple that have put in 50+ years with one company. They have talked about delaying their exits. I do suspext there is a competitiveness thing going on also. One of the two has a year tenure on the other and is often recognized for being the longest tenured employee in our company.'s history. The runner up would like a moment in the sun.

Yes, only time will tell. For me, we are seeing a sea of baby boomers exiting the work force. I've worked with a couple that have put in 50+ years with one company. They have talked about delaying their exits. I do suspext there is a competitiveness thing going on also. One of the two has a year tenure on the other and is often recognized for being the longest tenured employee in our company.'s history. The runner up would like a moment in the sun.
    Everyone has their own motive and goal. Every organization has its own ethos.

Extreme circumstances distill these traits it seems.

And there we are.

Tonight's theme song?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Has spring sprung up there already? Overcast and cloudy with the threat of hail the last couple of days here.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 04-10-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Mine:

Here's mine,
    https://youtu.be/QRvVzaQ6i8A

Everybody stay vigilant.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

My virus theme:

Managed to pull an intercostal. Not sure how it happened.

Managed to pull an intercostal. Not sure how it happened.
    This is less than optimal.

Duke mention on QI (a really fun series if you are unfamiliar):