Page 1278 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2787781178122812681276127712781279128012881328137817782278 ... LastLast
Results 25,541 to 25,560 of 67405
    No beer (weight-loss mode). I had some mildly spicy chili right before game time, but this was 3:55 in the morning so shouldn't be a relationship.

How does a random name like Saul Bellow -- a guy I don't even know and haven't even heard of in decades -- suddenly pop up? It's not like I ever had a conscious impression of him in the first place let alone one lurking in the subconscious.

But one thing I now know for certain -- I'm not gong to bother to read one of his books. Even if it is the great beyond and my subconscious Id trying to send me a message. Nope, ain't gonna do it. The subconscious wish fulfillment or latent content of the dream will forever remain a riddle, wrapped up in an enigma, ensconced on a bed of bacon.

In my family, it is a sure fire ribbing offense to crack oneself up and be called out on it.

Direct questioning of your awareness of and motives for cracking yourself up immediately ensue.

It's still one of the bedrock principles of existence at the Palace of weezie, and yes, they got me today.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    In my family, it is a sure fire ribbing offense to crack oneself up and be called out on it.

Direct questioning of your awareness of and motives for cracking yourself up immediately ensue.

It's still one of the bedrock principles of existence at the Palace of weezie, and yes, they got me today.
    All that really matters is if you enjoyed the joke

To start another project or not, that is the question.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Do you already have enough yarn or will it take a trip to the LYS (local yarn store)?

More like a trip to the local junkyard.

Only if you have finished the other projects. And, because of this stricture, I'm often told that I'm not a lot of fun by a certain person I deigned to marry many years ago.

He almost always ignores me, too, so go ahead Ymo.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

My cousin built a (beautiful) wooden boat in his basement. Of course, he had to put a hole in his wall to get it out.

Now he has a large garage door in his basement for his next project.

-jk

Anyone ever been to to the Julian Alps in Slovenia? Eyeing a trip this May to Ljubljana with a few excursions in mind.

I miss the days of having a basement. I spent summers down there...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Anyone ever been to to the Julian Alps in Slovenia? Eyeing a trip this May to Ljubljana with a few excursions in mind.

No but that sounds cool!

I’ve not been to anywhere in Europe since 1981. Bosses always took the European trips while I had to take the trips to South America.

I’ve not been to anywhere in Europe since 1981. Bosses always took the European trips while I had to take the trips to South America.
    Nothing wrong with that though.

I enjoyed it while it lasted.

TikTok?

Wet out there.

It is cold outside. We haven't even gotten back up to 9F yet.

Not bad here in SA.

Wet and 40 here in Amish country.

already 73 here. But a front is coming though today that will drop our highs to the upper 50's and lower 60's the next few days.

Bradford pears have been blooming for a week, pink dogwoods for close to three. Pollen season is just a final cold snap away.