Page 1276 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661274127512761277127812861326137617762276 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,520 of 67749
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Do they really get 6 weeks though? If so, Seattle summer is longer. Unless you count that weird week in April when it hits 90 for like 3 days and then you get a dusting of snow as part of the summer.
    Longer by about 10 days?

Summer in San Antonio lasts about 16 weeks. The heat turns on after Memorial Day and doesn’t turn off until early October. The issue I have is basically it is the same forecast for 90+ days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Anyone have a mopping robot for hard wood or tile floors?
    This one seems pretty good.
    Rosie.jpg

I heard someone describe New Hampshire's weather as "nine months of winter, and three months of not-very-good sledding." Made me chuckle.

Here in Georgia, we have four seasons -- Summer, football, rain, and pollen.

Large Garden Fresh from Papa John’s...

I kind of like ground hogs and don’t mind them living on my property. My neighbors think that’s weird.

What is the difference between a gopher and a ground hog?

What is the difference between a gopher and a ground hog?
    I feel like there's a punchline coming...

...different family of species but fall under the same order: rodentia. Ground hogs are in the marmot family, gophers are a different family.

You're not the first to ask. Now, just don't ask which came first.

Just had the second strongest handshake of my life.

Dated a chiropractor's daughter in high school. I remember her telling me he hated limp handshakes. Valuable life lesson that first meeting was. Taught me the way to give proper handshake and also put the fear if God in me. She never missed her curfew, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Just had the second strongest handshake of my life.

Dated a chiropractor's daughter in high school. I remember her telling me he hated limp handshakes. Valuable life lesson that first meeting was. Taught me the way to give proper handshake and also put the fear if God in me. She never missed her curfew, obviously.
    A mis-timed handshake where the other person squeezes first and catches you in an unintended limp finger squeeze really grinds my gears...I always want to yell, "Do over, I wasn't ready!" but that would be even more awkward.

I prefer a strong handshake and have on a few occasions was concerned that I had broken the other person’s hand.

Blessed are the cheesemakers!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Blessed are the cheesemakers!
    He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.

That feeling when you realize winter isn't over.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Thought I'd post this publicly rather than a private message. OPK has now read my (award-winning) play about the rivalry, "Almost Made in Heaven". I mailed a copy of it to Coach K a few years ago. He sent me a thank you email telling me that he loved the ending. Not only is he the GOAT, but he can laugh at himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Thought I'd post this publicly rather than a private message. OPK has now read my (award-winning) play about the rivalry, "Almost Made in Heaven". I mailed a copy of it to Coach K a few years ago. He sent me a thank you email telling me that he loved the ending. Not only is he the GOAT, but he can laugh at himself.
    Very nice! I bet that I know what part he liked the best, too. . . .

Serenity now, serenity now!

Serenity now, serenity now!
    I'm going with a glass of wine. To heck with this serenity stuff.

Found a rebroadcast of Saturday's game this afternoon. Although the angle was different, I kept think that Wendell was channeling his inner Lo Charles.

We are allowed to discuss basketball here - right? We don't have to take it to the EK Board or anything.