Page 1275 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2757751175122512651273127412751276127712851325137517752275 ... LastLast
Results 25,481 to 25,500 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What sort of recommendations? Food or stuff to do? How long you there and can you do day trips?
    Food or stuff to do!

Arrive March 5th around lunch and leave the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Anyone have a mopping robot for hard wood or tile floors?
    I have a mopping/vacuum combination not. Have not utilized the mopping feature yet. Keep meaning to, but it involves reading instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I have a mopping/vacuum combination not. Have not utilized the mopping feature yet. Keep meaning to, but it involves reading instructions...
    Reading instructions is a barrier to use...

I last lived in Seattle '94. For 3 years I traveled there quarterly for meetings. Mainly went to places around the old Safeco Tower. But it has been 8 years.

Watching Gemini Man on Blu-ray. The camera view is weird. It isn't a TV view but it doesn't really feel like a typical adataption from a standard movie camera production.

So many dead bodies...

Food or stuff to do!

Arrive March 5th around lunch and leave the 9th.
    Tons of stuff to do in and around Seattle so I'll throw out a coupe of themes ---

If you like music (the kind Seattle is famous for)...
    You can hit up London Bridge Studio for a tour, the unofficial memorial park near where Cobain used to live, Jimi Hendrix is buried in Renton. There are a few music museums I've never visited. Catch a show at the Showbox or any other number of Seattle music venues. Tons of interesting music spots. Pike's Market will appear elsewhere but Soundgarden's Spoonman was inspired by a street performer at Pike's. I'm sure there are music-specific tours you could take that would hit all these spots.

If you like nature...

Do something on the water. Even if it's just a water taxi ride, try to do something that gets you a view of the Olympic Mountains. Better yet, go see them and OlympiacNational Park --- it's on the far side but Hoh is a rainforest and it's damn cool. Bainbridge Island, an Orca tour up into the San Juans. Pop out to Mt. Rainier over to the Snoqualmie Valley and see Snoqualmie Falls. Not sure if they'll be blooming in March but Snoqualmie Valley is where a lot of the flowers for the city markets are grown. Very pretty area when in bloom.

If you like corporate stuff...

You can visit Microsoft, do a tour, and arrange for a tour of the Boeing factory. Both are cool.

If you like city tourist stuff...

Seattle underground takes you to some old basements, good for history BUT it's not like a European city underground tour so don't expect that. There are Seattle ghost tours, etc.

On food, I'll just say to go visit and eat at Pike's. Winter is also great time of year for local seafood. Lots of shellfish and crustaceans are being harvested so, if you like that sort of thing, find some spots serving right-out-of-the-water-that-morning seafood and chow down. Yeah, yeah, the first starbucks and crap. Plenty of wine, breweries, that sort of thing.
    That's what I got for now.

Thanks! Would spork, but apparently I'm not allowed

Cold and rainy - welcome to the work week

Cold and rainy - welcome to the work week
    Sounds like Seattle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sounds like Seattle!
    According to the US Climate Data website, we get a similar amount of rain as Seattle.

Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.

Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.
    Ooh. I can see your Monday is gonna be interesting.

According to the US Climate Data website, we get a similar amount of rain as Seattle.
    Yes, but Seattle has the most grey, rainy days. In my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes, but Seattle has the most grey, rainy days. In my experience.
    Except summer. Those are fabulous!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Except summer. Those are fabulous!

-jk
    Seattle summers: the best six weeks of my life!

Seattle summer isn’t much different from Boston summer. Except that you have to wait for the morning cloud cover to burn off in Seattle.

Thanks! Would spork, but apparently I'm not allowed
    No worries. I don't/haven't lived there but have had family in Seattle my whole life so get to visit on the regular. Beautiful city and area, hope you have a nice time!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Seattle summer isn’t much different from Boston summer. Except that you have to wait for the morning cloud cover to burn off in Seattle.
    Do they really get 6 weeks though? If so, Seattle summer is longer. Unless you count that weird week in April when it hits 90 for like 3 days and then you get a dusting of snow as part of the summer.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's raining right now in the Boston area. We have had very little snow this year. I've probably just jinxed it.