Page 1271 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 27177111711221126112691270127112721273128113211371 ... LastLast
Results 25,401 to 25,420 of 27675
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Had to turn down two free tickets to the game at Wake tomorrow...4 rows behind the Wake bench.

Roast me.
    I hope you had a really good reason - like visiting a psychic for the winning powerball tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope you had a really good reason - like visiting a psychic for the winning powerball tickets.
    Changed my mind, I'm going!
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Good decision. I was just about to jump in the car and come have a serious weezie to matty discussion.

Stern words and head shaking disappointment were all ready to go.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Enjoy! Will look for you!

Had to turn down two free tickets to the game at Wake tomorrow...4 rows behind the Wake bench.

Roast me.
    Um...

*Clears his throat*

Oh, good.

Roast me.
    Dammit! Pay attention to my job for a few hours and miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Um...

*Clears his throat*
    Do you need a lozenge?

* Passes lozenge

I have one standing rule. If ever offered an item to freshen your breath, you cannot turn it down. The person opposite has better intelligence/information than you.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have one standing rule. If ever offered an item to freshen your breath, you cannot turn it down. The person opposite has better intelligence/information than you.
    I am not certain if this holds true for cough drops and throat lozenges.

Should have burned down my brush pile a lot of brush ago. If I go for it now, might singe the goats next door.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Should have burned down my brush pile a lot of brush ago. If I go for it now, might singe the goats next door.
    One of my brothers had a large brush pile.

Well, until they kept finding baby copperheads around the yard. Then the brush pile wound up in the fire pit over the course of a few weeks.

Might be a good time of year to burn the pile!

-jk

Hand down, man down???

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Your local municipal waste services doesn’t have pickup for that stuff? Seems like using that green matter in mulching and composting operations is a better option than burning it?

Not available out here in the boonies. Husband-of-weezie gets very excited when it's time to ignite the burn pile. Maybe twice a year but it's a big deal to him. He rides around the pile on his tractor pushing it all in as it deflates. Usually an all-nighter type thing.

We have to alert the fire department when we're scheduling a burn but we're seven miles out of town. Country living.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I may have overdone the hot peppers and sauce in this phó. Good morning!
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Phó no!!!!

Aaaargh. A wet, gray day, taxes half done, headache, mean-spirited and tomorrow Lent begins with a farewell to alcohol and the desire to do something productive and beneficial towards others.

It's not looking too cheery in this casa. Feeling a good grumble and mutter coming on.

Puns may be met with a very cold, hard stare.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Your local municipal waste services doesn’t have pickup for that stuff? Seems like using that green matter in mulching and composting operations is a better option than burning it?
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Not available out here in the boonies. Husband-of-weezie gets very excited when it's time to ignite the burn pile. Maybe twice a year but it's a big deal to him. He rides around the pile on his tractor pushing it all in as it deflates. Usually an all-nighter type thing.

We have to alert the fire department when we're scheduling a burn but we're seven miles out of town. Country living.
    I'm "neighbors with an Amish farm" rural. Our trash pick-up service does have designated weeks for certain yard waste but my lot produces a lot more than they can handle. While I'm not at tractor levels like the weezies, I can produce some pretty large piles. I'll have chipper services come out for the big dead trees that I can't drop myself and we compost all our leafy matter and garden stuff (And kitchen/paper scraps) but sometimes ya just got burn a pile. My lot has enough trees and heavy brush on it that I've thought about investing in my own chipper but my wife is uncomfortable with the number of times I've seen Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That's sacrilege over on the Ymmm, Spicy thread! I like a nice spicy breakfast.