Page 1256 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2567561156120612461254125512561257125812661306135617562256 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,120 of 67379
    Flurries this morning. Hoping for some form of heat wave before my run later today.

Fridays in the middle school trenches are not for the faint of heart.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Fridays in the middle school trenches are not for the faint of heart.
    I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Nahhh, it'll be something like dental floss and then I'll be scouring the local stores for some over priced euro type. A hairbrush was one example.
    I'm the worst.
    When I forget to pack something, it is always the same something. Underwear. (TMI?) I even tell myself now to pack the underwear first and 90% of the time I do remember it. But I've learned, in a pinch, and in the US, grocery store chains or CVS stores will get you through a weekend, if necessary. Luckily, I have never forgotten to pack it when I've traveled internationally.

If today is not a day for pho, such a day does not exist.

There are two guinea pigs at the pet supply store where I go. They have been there for nearly a month. They are both girls. My two guinea pigs are girls. It is getting tough to leave them there. I would have to buy a second cage and I don't really have the room or the time to do a guinea pig herd. Right? Four guinea pigs is more than I want to take on. Really, it is. Somebody better buy those two cuties soon. I've already named one of them Pumpkin. If I come up with a good name for the second one, I am in real trouble. My only saving grace is that I refuse to break up the pair. If it were just Pumpkin, she'd already be living with me.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If today is not a day for pho, such a day does not exist.
    Pho real.

Pho shizzle

Lord of the Flies bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    There are two guinea pigs at the pet supply store where I go. They have been there for nearly a month. They are both girls. My two guinea pigs are girls. It is getting tough to leave them there. I would have to buy a second cage and I don't really have the room or the time to do a guinea pig herd. Right? Four guinea pigs is more than I want to take on. Really, it is. Somebody better buy those two cuties soon. I've already named one of them Pumpkin. If I come up with a good name for the second one, I am in real trouble. My only saving grace is that I refuse to break up the pair. If it were just Pumpkin, she'd already be living with me.
    4 guinea pigs is likely easier to manage than when I had 5 cats.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lord of the Flies bad?
    As a societal model?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Does the other one look like a "Latte" or a "Spice?"

Just, y'know, asking.

4 guinea pigs is likely easier to manage than when I had 5 cats.
    In certain regions, guinea pigs are considered quite delicious with the appropriate spice and heat.

Yes, I know, pets or meat. Mine are pets. Although one is named Cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Does the other one look like a "Latte" or a "Spice?"

Just, y'know, asking.
    No.

I've named her Dusty. Now I just have to stay away from the store for a couple of weeks.

My girls get mani-pedis every couple of months - way more than I do. I can't bear to trim their nails myself so I take them to the vets where a technician does it for me. I'd need a whole second carrying case for the second pair. And that's twice the expense for the mani-pedis.

My girls are quite popular at the vets because I think they are the only guineas that go there.

Good ole' vockytops...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm sorry your little one's start in life came early. Prayers and hugs and vibes to all of you and the medical team. Let us know when you get to celebrate and bring Baby Bundabergdevil home.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    How wonderful that you have a little fighter for a son! Congratulations and I just know he's going to be fine. God bless the NICU folks and bundaberdevil, Jr...
    and his mother and father!
    Hope he is making good progress every day!
    Happy to report that after entering the hospital on New Years Day and spending most of January in the NICU, baby boy bundabergdevil (and mom/dad) came home from the hospital yesterday! We had some great doctors and nurses from ante-partum through NICU and the little guy has some follow-up appointments but he's doing pretty darn good. We could not be more thrilled (and more anxious/tired!) Have no doubt he'll be entering the ranks of the crazies about 2038!

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Happy to report that after entering the hospital on New Years Day and spending most of January in the NICU, baby boy bundabergdevil (and mom/dad) came home from the hospital yesterday! We had some great doctors and nurses from ante-partum through NICU and the little guy has some follow-up appointments but he's doing pretty darn good. We could not be more thrilled (and more anxious/tired!) Have no doubt he'll be entering the ranks of the crazies about 2038!

Thanks to all for the well wishes.
    Awesome news! Good to hear!

So, I guess there is some Super Duper sport ball game on this evening. Whew, 3 hours of free time!