Page 1249 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2497491149119912391247124812491250125112591299134917492249 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,980 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I saw MC Hammer, TLC, and Boyz 2 Men.
    Hopefully you've not chased any waterfalls as a result...

My first concert was Jimmy Buffett. I was 17 and had not really seen an adult sloppy drunk yet. That night, I saw all of them...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I have no idea what my parents or the parents of the three young women I was with were thinking letting us go.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hopefully you've not chased any waterfalls as a result...

My first concert was Jimmy Buffet. I was 17 and had not really seen an adult sloppy drunk yet. That night, I saw all of them...
    Some years ago during Masters’ Week, I was sitting on a friend’s back porch sampling scotch and we could hear a guy across the pond doing acoustic Jimmy Buffet covers for a small house party on their porch. Like, obsessively and exclusively. For hours.

Turns out, it was Jimmy Buffett.

So, I’ve never seen Buffet live — but I’ve heard him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Some years ago during Masters’ Week, I was sitting on a friend’s back porch sampling scotch and we could hear a guy across the pond doing acoustic Jimmy Buffet covers for a small house party on their porch. Like, obsessively and exclusively. For hours.

You didn't grab the bottle of scotch, walk over, and knock on the door?

I wonder if he was there with some friends or conscripted by a large company to entertain clients. A past employer was one of the Masters' largest global sponsors...the stories of the parties at the host house were legendary. A couple of the golfers were "brand ambassadors" and would swing by for meet and greets but wouldn't surprise me in the least if Buffett was getting paid.

You didn't grab the bottle of scotch, walk over, and knock on the door?

I wonder if he was there with some friends or conscripted by a large company to entertain clients. A past employer was one of the Masters' largest global sponsors...the stories of the parties at the host house were legendary. A couple of the golfers were "brand ambassadors" and would swing by for meet and greets but wouldn't surprise me in the least if Buffett was getting paid.
    Probably got paid, and then went to the tourney. I’m guessing it was a host house and not just a personal rental house from the neighborhood.

Did I miss everyone's New Year's resolution to post this thread on the regular?

I like it.
    Not a resolution as much as a commitment for the holiday weekend. Which for me was 2 days. Well, maybe 2.5 days as the walk this morning was my activity rather work. But I did go to work this afternoon.

Did I miss everyone's New Year's resolution to post this thread on the regular?

I like it.

You like missing the thread or you like the resolution?

I like missing lots of stuff: phone calls, meetings, points of emphasis, lame jokes, political opinions...those are great to miss.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Ketchup can rescue bad fries. If the fries are good, no.
    Precisely my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Neat story.
    That's interesting that you heard him and assumed it was a cover...I mean, I get it...at a house party you wouldn't think it was actually Buffet -- .but I'm making a point here that your anecdote jogged loose...Buffet tends to ad lib so much now in person that his live music sounds almost nothing like his concerts...i like Buffet music, like most people, but he's very disappointing live IMO. It would be very cool to have him in your neighborhood though...

For those who like him, he is coming to Raleigh in April.

Good morning everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Sorry, that's all I've got. Going to work at one of our remote offices today.

Curse you, Capsaicin. I never learn!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What did Capsaicin do now?

Curse you, Capsaicin. I never learn!
    Jump down off the Scoville scale.

btw, good opportunity to plug my favorite YouTube show -- Hot Ones. A guy asks celebrities interesting questions as they both eat progressively hotter chicken wings. The list of guests has been impressive (including Duke grad Ken Jeong, actors, musicians, comedians, chefs, and athletes):

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-hot...justin-hussong

2 weeks of off and on pain. Hoping the urologist can help me out Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What did Capsaicin do now?
    Without getting too descriptive, the Hot Ones guests OPK mentions probably experienced a second round of pain between 30 minutes and 48 hours later.

I’m a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. 😁

Without getting too descriptive, the Hot Ones guests OPK mentions probably experienced a second round of pain between 30 minutes and 48 hours later.

I’m a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. ��
    One of the sauces on last season was "Burn After Eating." Perfectly named.

Coolio apparently passed out on a couch for about an hour after his shoot several years ago. Several never made it through the gauntlet.

Oh, and people cuss after eating hot things. The barriers of civility really come down. Should have put a NSFW warning on my first mention.

Rachel Ray is a boss, as is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Gordon Ramsey and Kevin Hart, not so much but they are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Good morning!

I’m a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. 😁
    We see what you did there.

Bonus announcement coming soon...

Good news, better than I was expecting.