Page 1243 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2437431143119312331241124212431244124512531293134317432243 ... LastLast
Results 24,841 to 24,860 of 67370
    I don't have a DVR so if I miss something, I miss it.

What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I still hate to say how Breaking Bad ended for example but I am fine with freely discussing the original Star Wars trilogy.

This issue vexes me.

So, apparently last night there was a sports ball contest where the dear ol' alma mater did not emerge triumphant.

As my father was picking the channel, I did witness a gentlemen best two others in a competition of hit the buzzer and provide an interogatory while trying to hit the magical everyday 2x multiplier. As he had come out of surgery from earlier in the day, not a word of protest was uttered.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    No BD, it wasn't you and it wasn't this thread! Don't feel bad.
    Whew!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What is the statute of limitations on spoilers? I still hate to say how Breaking Bad ended for example but I am fine with freely discussing the original Star Wars trilogy.

This issue vexes me.
    I will tell you the secret to "The Crying Game" whether or not you've seen it. I'm of the mind that if you don't want spoilers, you should watch whatever it is within a week for a TV show or within a month for a movie. After that - don't blame the spoiler, blame yourself.

(I know the ending of "Hamlet". I'll still buy tickets to see it.)

I enjoyed the USCe spoiler against UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will tell you the secret to "The Crying Game" whether or not you've seen it. I'm of the mind that if you don't want spoilers, you should watch whatever it is within a week for a TV show or within a month for a movie. After that - don't blame the spoiler, blame yourself.

(I know the ending of "Hamlet". I'll still buy tickets to see it.)

Very reasonable, I agree.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ...my father... had come out of surgery from earlier in the day...

See? This is how we glean information.

Ymo, hope your father is doing well and now looking to needle you with great glee and gusto.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Because of a loss to Clemson? Or no beer for that time period? Either way, there are other avenues to a social life.
    First week of my final semester.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Good on you, brother

I’ve spent at least 12 hours of every day of 2020 in a hospital, got a few more weeks methinks. Wife’s water broke New Year’s Day 2 months early and it’s been nothing but doctors and nurses since. Our baby is doing pretty well, just needs to spend some mire time in the NICU developing before he can come home.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ve spent at least 12 hours of every day of 2020 in a hospital, got a few more weeks methinks. Wife’s water broke New Year’s Day 2 months early and it’s been nothing but doctors and nurses since. Our baby is doing pretty well, just needs to spend some mire time in the NICU developing before he can come home.
    I'm sorry your little one's start in life came early. Prayers and hugs and vibes to all of you and the medical team. Let us know when you get to celebrate and bring Baby Bundabergdevil home.

...Our baby is doing pretty well, just needs to spend some mire time in the NICU developing before he can come home.
    How wonderful that you have a little fighter for a son! Congratulations and I just know he's going to be fine. God bless the NICU folks and bundaberdevil, Jr...
    and his mother and father!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Git r done!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    See? This is how we glean information.

Ymo, hope your father is doing well and now looking to needle you with great glee and gusto.
    He is doing alright. He's more of a zinger...I'm waiting for the next one.

Hope he is making good progress every day!

Good evening!

Getting to go to the game today! First game since the little grad_devil arrived in Aug of '18. Always a good reason to pad the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Getting to go to the game today! First game since the little grad_devil arrived in Aug of '18. Always a good reason to pad the LTE.
    Cool! I'll be there with little -jk. Well, not so little - he's 16, and and we passed each other a couple years ago, him going up and me down; my 6'2" days are over...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Awesome! It has been quite a while since I've been to a game in Cameron.