Page 123 of 2714 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 54261
  1. #2441
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't do Facebook or MySpace. I only post here and on Ravelry (it's a knitting thing.) Should I? Join MySpace, I mean. Somehow I think I'd just be a sad old loser if I went on Facebook, right?
    Nah, lots of older people have joined Facebook since it started to allow non-college students to join. And, personally, I think Facebook is far better than MS.

  2. #2442
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Anybody want to teach me how to upload pictures. At some point I'm going to have to have an Avatar, I think.
    Yeah, I'd like to know too.

  3. #2443
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Guess my claims of slowing down due to work were a bit overblown.
    Much like everything else about you

  4. #2444
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL

    in vino veritas

    These crazy scientists fed mice 100 bottles of wine a day and found out they live longer. Well, actually, it was the chemical equivalent of 100 bottles for a human. But then after further study concluded that four five ounce glasses would produce the desired effect on humans: increased longevity.

    So, my question du jour, are there any good, cheap, organic wines? Like a table wine, something you drink everyday and don't go broke.

  5. #2445
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    This thread has been dead for three hours now. Seriously?

  6. #2446
    I would have posted but after reading Fish80's question about wine, I headed to the liquor store instead.

    Sometimes, work just gets in the way of fun. I keep looking for an ad offering a job that pays lots for doing little, but I haven't found it yet. A job of Princess would also work.

  7. #2447
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would have posted but after reading Fish80's question about wine, I headed to the liquor store instead.

    Sometimes, work just gets in the way of fun. I keep looking for an ad offering a job that pays lots for doing little, but I haven't found it yet. A job of Princess would also work.
    I have a friend who ran into Prince Albert a few weeks ago. He apparently was auditioning for that job...

  8. #2448
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Augustine, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have a friend who ran into Prince Albert a few weeks ago. He apparently was auditioning for that job...
    There was an old joke about Prince Albert in a can . . . I think it worked best over the phone.

  9. #2449
    Yes, there was.

    "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" Uhhh, yes? Well, you better let him out! Or something like that. My mother told me that years ago. There was also the one about the running refrigerator. Classic!

  10. #2450
    Did anyone else notice that if you click on the number of replies on the board it shows in a separate window who has posted and how many time?

  11. #2451
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did anyone else notice that if you click on the number of replies on the board it shows in a separate window who has posted and how many time?
    I think that's new. Congrats on being the king of all LTE PWs!

  12. #2452
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I think that's new. Congrats on being the king of all LTE PWs!
    Thank you, thank you. I would to give all due credit to...

    It pales in comparison to your accomplishments!

  13. #2453
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did anyone else notice that if you click on the number of replies on the board it shows in a separate window who has posted and how many time?
    Where is that?

  14. #2454
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Just found it and I'm sad to say that I am in the top 15 in this thread. Maybe leaving for Britain Sunday will be a good thing as it will drastically reduce my posting opportunities.

  15. #2455
    Devildeac owns the Ymm, Beer thread. 300+ posts out of 700...

  16. #2456
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Lte

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did anyone else notice that if you click on the number of replies on the board it shows in a separate window who has posted and how many time?
    Yes, unfortunately I have...

  17. #2457
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Lte

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Thank you, thank you. I would to give all due credit to...

    It pales in comparison to your accomplishments!
    Nice comeback...

  18. #2458
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Lte

    Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Just found it and I'm sad to say that I am in the top 15 in this thread. Maybe leaving for Britain Sunday will be a good thing as it will drastically reduce my posting opportunities.
    gives me a great opportunity to widen the gap significantly, unless you take your laptop or can spend countless hours in an internet cafe...

  19. #2459
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    Lte

    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Devildeac owns the Ymm, Beer thread. 300+ posts out of 700...
    ssshhhh...(and more to come)

  20. #2460
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh cool. I'm in second place. That seems fitting. What amazes me is that Ozzie's only been here once, somehow I thought he'd been around here more than that.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •