Page 1229 of 1272 FirstFirst ... 229729112911791219122712281229123012311239 ... LastLast
Results 24,561 to 24,580 of 25425
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Sorry, that's all I've got. Going to work at one of our remote offices today.

I'm probably being petty in another thread.

Curse you, Capsaicin. I never learn!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What did Capsaicin do now?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Curse you, Capsaicin. I never learn!
    Jump down off the Scoville scale.

btw, good opportunity to plug my favorite YouTube show -- Hot Ones. A guy asks celebrities interesting questions as they both eat progressively hotter chicken wings. The list of guests has been impressive (including Duke grad Ken Jeong, actors, musicians, comedians, chefs, and athletes):

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-hot...justin-hussong
    "We're only tourists in this life
    Only tourists but the view is nice"

-- David Byrne

2 weeks of off and on pain. Hoping the urologist can help me out Thursday.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What did Capsaicin do now?
    Without getting too descriptive, the Hot Ones guests OPK mentions probably experienced a second round of pain between 30 minutes and 48 hours later.

Iím a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. 😁

Without getting too descriptive, the Hot Ones guests OPK mentions probably experienced a second round of pain between 30 minutes and 48 hours later.

I’m a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. ��
    One of the sauces on last season was "Burn After Eating." Perfectly named.

Coolio apparently passed out on a couch for about an hour after his shoot several years ago. Several never made it through the gauntlet.

Oh, and people cuss after eating hot things. The barriers of civility really come down. Should have put a NSFW warning on my first mention.

Rachel Ray is a boss, as is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Gordon Ramsey and Kevin Hart, not so much but they are hilarious.

-- David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Good morning!

Iím a glutton for similar punishments, just love spicy food. It always gets me in the end. 😁
    We see what you did there.

Bonus announcement coming soon...

Good news, better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    One of the sauces on last season was "Burn After Eating." Perfectly named.

Coolio apparently passed out on a couch for about an hour after his shoot several years ago. Several never made it through the gauntlet.

Oh, and people cuss after eating hot things. The barriers of civility really come down. Should have put a NSFW warning on my first mention.

Rachel Ray is a boss, as is Neil deGrasse Tyson. Gordon Ramsey and Kevin Hart, not so much but they are hilarious.
    Iím a sweater when I eat hot things to the point that I have to warn people sitting down to eat a spicy meal with me for the first time. That said, Iíve never had anything so spicy that it sent me cussing and on an extended ďI think I might dieĒ spiral of pain and despair. That is, Iíve never just housed a Carolina reaper or anything.

I love spicy food, very spicy. My nearest and dearest have learned over the years not to ask for a bite.
    My plan, in other words, has by and large worked.

There was an Indian restaurant in Atlanta in the late '80's and early 90's on Peachtree just down from the Margaret Mitchell house. When you ordered vindaloo, they seriously tried to talk you out of it until you convinced them that you knew what it was and that it was going to be that hot.

I tried to go one time in '91 or so, there were only three people in there but the door was locked for some reason. Turns out, it was the Dalai Lama himself who had come to meet with Jimmy Carter at the Carter Center in town. True story.

So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 01-21-2020 at 01:15 PM.

-- David Byrne

There was an Indian restaurant in Atlanta in the late '80's and early 90's on Peachtree just down from the Margaret Mitchell house. When you ordered vindaloo, they seriously tried to talk you out of it until you convinced them that you knew what it was and that it was going to be that hot.

I tried to go one time in '91 or so, there were only three people in there but the door was locked for some reason. Turns out, it was the Dalai Lama himself who had come to meet with Jimmy Carter at the Carter Center in town. True story.

What the...get out of here?!?! It wasn't Peachtree but I lived in Dunwoody, GA for a year and had this Groundhog Day of a conversation with the hostess at Viceroy Indian Restaurant when I went in for my weekly vindaloo fix. It'd go something like this every damn time:

Me: I'd like an order of lamb vindaloo to go please.
    Her: Would you like that mild, medium, hot, or Indian hot.
    Me: Indian hot, please.
    Her: (Looks over rim of glasses). Are you sure? It's very hot.
    Me: Yes.
    Her: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes, I like it hot.
    Her: Indian hot is very hot. Are you sure?
    Me: Lady, just give me the damn vindaloo!
    Her: (Clearly believing I could not handle Indian hot). Ok.

...never saw the DM though!

What the...get out of here?!?! It wasn't Peachtree but I lived in Dunwoody, GA for a year and had this Groundhog Day of a conversation with the hostess at Viceroy Indian Restaurant when I went in for my weekly vindaloo fix. It'd go something like this every damn time:

This was on P'tree and like 9th or so, same side as the MM House. Back when there was a little park between 10th and 14th, P'tree and W.P'tree, and the IBM Tower was the tallest building in Midtown.

But yeah, the same conversation here too. And Kingfisher beer only spread the pain around; you had to just eat it and not stop. A yoghurt/cucumber pudding-like mix was the only thing that helped.

On Hot Ones, they try all sorts of stuff. I don't think any of it works. But I have never seen anyone try the yoghurt/cucumber pudding.

-- David Byrne

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Same thing happened at the India Palace in Central Square, Cambridge. Hubby ordered the lamb vindaloo. The waiter warned him that it was very hot. I said, "I'll get something else then." Hubby persisted. Hubby ate it. All of the staff, waiters, owners came out to talk to Hubby as a result. They were impressed. Then one of them made a joke about me, so, gauntlet thrown, I ate the last 3 bites or so. Hottest thing I have ever tasted and not an experience I wish to repeat, but, I did it once. The owner brought us out some rice pudding, compliments of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Same thing happened at the India Palace in Central Square, Cambridge. Hubby ordered the lamb vindaloo. The waiter warned him that it was very hot. I said, "I'll get something else then." Hubby persisted. Hubby ate it. All of the staff, waiters, owners came out to talk to Hubby as a result. They were impressed. Then one of them made a joke about me, so, gauntlet thrown, I ate the last 3 bites or so. Hottest thing I have ever tasted and not an experience I wish to repeat, but, I did it once. The owner brought us out some rice pudding, compliments of the house.
    Have done the same thing many times myself, mostly in Atlanta, usually involving vindaloo, but never involving His Holiness or President Carter.

Tried some ď1 flameĒ Indian food once (ď5 flamesĒ was the hottest). Havenít been back to an Indian restaurant since. Donít plan to.

I do various pizzas from scratch in the bundaberg household. The go to is a pepperoni, roasted garlic, onion confit, and minced jalapeŮo and habanero pizza. We love it but usually have to sleep in separate rooms for a few nights.

Iíll start applying the roasted garlic and peppers and think Iím done. Thatís when my wife will look me in the eye and say, ďIíll tell you when youíre doneĒ.