Page 1225 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2257251125117512151223122412251226122712351275132517252225 ... LastLast
Results 24,481 to 24,500 of 67370
    One of my neighbors went driving by today in a nice '66 blue Mustang convertible. First time I had seen the car. She waved.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That comment brought back a blast of nostalgia...
    I had a freshman poly sci class in there, too. Marty Nessley was in my class, and he sat up front. A big lecture hall/theatre, with a 6’11” dude in the first row. And he always had his hand up to answer the prof’s questions.

And most importantly . . . He never fouled.

(what was the name of the movie thing there? Sweetwater? I saw a preview of Killing Fields there and remember watching Eraserhead there as well).

Interesting, never had one.
    Pick a cold night, and let me know what you think. Super easy if you have an electric tea kettle, although microwave or stove top to boil water works. (Don’t stick bourbon in microwave though!)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I had a freshman poly sci class in there, too. Marty Nessley was in my class, and he sat up front. A big lecture hall/theatre, with a 6’11” dude in the first row. And he always had his hand up to answer the prof’s questions.

And most importantly . . . He never fouled.

(what was the name of the movie thing there? Sweetwater? I saw a preview of Killing Fields there and remember watching Eraserhead there as well).
    Freewater?

80% of my classes were on Science Drive.

Freewater?

80% of my classes were on Science Drive.
    Freewater, yup. Thanks!

I had one class in Gross Chem, one in a computer lab on Science Drive near North Campus although I do not remember the name of the building. I was Poly Sci (mainly on West) and History (mainly on East).

Mechanical Engineering. I was a wanna be History major but those paying much of the bills weren’t having it.

I remember seeing Heavy Metal and Fritz the Cat at Freewater. There were a lot more films but...

Mechanical Engineering. I was a wanna be History major but those paying much of the bills weren’t having it.
    I want to be a lumberjack. Leaping from tree to tree. The giant redwood, the larch, the Scots pine . . . .

I'm in a concerted effort to put trees back up.

I'm in a concerted effort to put trees back up.
    Ymo Appleseed?

The Johnny Appleseed statue on East was the fifth hole (IIRC) on the frisbee golf course back in the day. I loved to put on a Walkman, grab a Dead bootleg cassette (especially Fox Theatre 5/19/77) and head out to conquest the course. Great way to see the quiet parts of East.

I did not know there was a Johnny Appleseed statue over there.

Just a reaction to them cutting down decades olds trees as they were preparing the sub-division I live in. The first couple sections were completely stripped save for a 150+ year old tree in my neighbors yard. They did a better job later on of retaining more of the trees. But still sad to see so many of them cut down.

Freewater, yup. Thanks!

I had one class in Gross Chem, one in a computer lab on Science Drive near North Campus although I do not remember the name of the building. I was Poly Sci (mainly on West) and History (mainly on East).

I had many classes in Gross. Many barely squeaked by classes in Gross. Many, many. Walked in there to check out the old, groovy step down conversation pit lobby last year and wow, it still smells the same!

PS, gray, rainy-icy morning here in the DCMDVA area and beautiful! holes lost!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Ymo Appleseed?

The Johnny Appleseed statue on East was the fifth hole (IIRC) on the frisbee golf course back in the day. I loved to put on a Walkman, grab a Dead bootleg cassette (especially Fox Theatre 5/19/77) and head out to conquest the course. Great way to see the quiet parts of East.
    We were told that putting a quarter in the Sower's hand on graduation weekend was a good luck charm.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Ymo Appleseed?

There's 1977 Grateful Dead, and then there's all other Grateful Dead. Possible exception if someone wants to put 1972 at the top, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    There's 1977 Grateful Dead, and then there's all other Grateful Dead. Possible exception if someone wants to put 1972 at the top, but that's about it.
    That whole Spring Tour may be peak.

That whole Spring Tour may be peak.
    Agreed.
    Cornell, May 8 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Agreed.
    Cornell, May 8 is the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned.
    One, two, three -- take a step back!

Hmm, I’ve been trying to figure out a peak for Springsteen. That to some extent discounts the more recent stuff. Some of which I like a lot. But the early stuff is magical.

Hmm, I’ve been trying to figure out a peak for Springsteen. That to some extent discounts the more recent stuff. Some of which I like a lot. But the early stuff is magical.
    Much like this post, to date it has been a solo effort.

For me it is Nebraska. But I am not a huge Bruce fan.

(and somewhat different because I would judge the Dead by live shows but Bruce by albums).

If Wikipedia is to be believed, I would specifically pin his peak on January 3, 1982:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_(album)

The demo recording sessions that produced the album "Nebraska" actually covered several days, but Jan. 3, 1982 is credited as the "legendary night when 15 tracks were recorded. They were "Starkweather" ("Nebraska"), "Atlantic City," "Mansion On The Hill," "Johnny 99," "Highway Patrolman," "State Trooper," "Used Cars," "Wanda" ("Open All Night"), "My Father's House," "Reason To Believe," "Born in the U.S.A.", "Downbound Train," "Child Bride," "Losin' Kind" and "Pink Cadillac," a total of 15 songs; 10 ended up on "Nebraska" and the demo for "Born in the U.S.A." would appear later on the Tracks compilation. The remaining four unreleased demos circulate among Springsteen fans. Two of these, "Downbound Train" (BITUSA) and "Pink Cadillac" (Tracks), were officially released in band format, leaving "Child Bride" and "Losin' Kind" as truly unreleased.