Page 1215 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2157151115116512051213121412151216121712251265131517152215 ... LastLast
Results 24,281 to 24,300 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I like wine. I'm not saying there should be a Ymm, Wine thread, but I wouldn't be mad to see one pop up.
    I just know what I like in wine - not sure I could describe anything.

Not sure if this works, but here is the thread: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...highlight=wine

That is an old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I like wine. I'm not saying there should be a Ymm, Wine thread, but I wouldn't be mad to see one pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I just know what I like in wine - not sure I could describe anything.

Not sure if this works, but here is the thread: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...highlight=wine

That is an old thread.
    Yes, but it aged well.

13 days in a row

Woohoo!

Hiccups suck.

Hopefully, they don't last 13 days in a row.

I need to remind myself to stay off the main page for a while.

Serenity now, serenity now...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Serenity now, serenity now...
    Serenity now . . . insanity later.

Speaking of, kinda, I saw Joker with SonPK a few weekends ago. Joaquin Pheonix is superb.

Live in the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I need to remind myself to stay off the main page for a while.
    Main page as in the front page with articles or the EK Board? Wondering what I missed - or just ignored.

Main page as in the front page with articles or the EK Board? Wondering what I missed - or just ignored.
    EK. I always forget about the front page, which is why I am glad when someone links jimsumner articles to an EK thread.

EK. I always forget about the front page, which is why I am glad when someone links jimsumner articles to an EK thread.
    Have they started the 2024-2025 minutes yet?

This is about the other men’s ball sport going on right now.

Yeah, it's no big deal -- just spending a lot of energy on what I see as two or three pretty pointless arguments. And to be fair, those on the other side of them could rightly say the same about responding to my posts.

So -- pop tarts.

Yeah, it's no big deal -- just spending a lot of energy on what I see as two or three pretty pointless arguments. And to be fair, those on the other side of them could rightly say the same about responding to my posts.

So -- pop tarts.
    Strawberry Pop Tarts, untoasted?

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Strawberry Pop Tarts, untoasted?
    I'm a brown sugar cinnamon man m'self, but my posting style probably makes that abundantly evident.

I have not had a pop tart since college -- need to see if I can make some turkey dressing out of them. Let me scratch my head on that.

I'm a brown sugar cinnamon man m'self, but my posting style probably makes that abundantly evident.

I have not had a pop tart since college -- need to see if I can make some turkey dressing out of them. Let me scratch my head on that.
    Once you do, do you want gravy for it?

Have to confess that I chimed in - and just found the typo in the post. Not really a typo - just typed what instead of about. Changed thoughts in mid stream.

Once you do, do you want gravy for it?

Have to confess that I chimed in - and just found the typo in the post. Not really a typo - just typed what instead of about. Changed thoughts in mid stream.
    I learned two important lessons last night making gravy:

1. Measure out the corn starch, don't try to just "shake a bit" into the pan.
    2. Chicken broth can help cure things when you ignore lesson 1 above.

Will start gearing up the mashed potatoes after Thanksgiving, will start shipping the first full week in December. Anyone who wants some should get their orders in early. Look forward to your gravy as always, a perfect combination.

Great culinary minds, etc, etc...gravy stock simmering away.

Tomorrow will be pecan toasting for chocolate pecan pie, pumpkin pie, brussels peeling, sweet potato baking for yes, gooey boozy marshmallowy casserole, cornbread baking for stuffing and... a new entrant into the mix, caramelized onion soup with a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds and blue cheese.

Gosh, I may be a wanker for saying this but I sure love my own cooking.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I think Whitney Houston said it best, "Learning to love your own cooking, it is the greatest love of all."

Or something like that.