Page 121 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 21711111191201211221231311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 67238
    Just posting to do my part in gaining ground. Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    It also occurs to me that if we had a cat capable of ridding us of our mole problem, that cat would also be capable of ridding us of our bulldog as well (big wimp that he is.) So, hmm, on to plan B for the mole issue.
    Hmm, sounds like a job for Little Bunny Fufu.

Okay, so I know LBF went after field mice which aren't in the same family as moles (at least not that I could find in my limited research on the subject), but maybe if LBF had a field of moles to haunt it might solve DA's and DMLA's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Any pics? Or than the cute one you already have displayed as your avatar.
    Arggghhh... I just tried, but the pix aren't on the interweb tubes, they're on my computer. Is there some place I can park the pictures and then upload them?

But you can see him on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqSpcABM_Y
    on the memorable day when we went to the petting zoo. That pig was very entertaining to him. He liked it a lot better than the innocent-looking yet carnivorous pony that tried to eat his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Arggghhh... I just tried, but the pix aren't on the interweb tubes, they're on my computer. Is there some place I can park the pictures and then upload them?

But you can see him on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqSpcABM_Y
    on the memorable day when we went to the petting zoo. That pig was very entertaining to him. He liked it a lot better than the innocent-looking yet carnivorous pony that tried to eat his feet.
    How can you not fall in love with baby blublood after seeing that video? I was giggling along with him. Thank you for sharing.

Boppin 'em on the head!

celebs

It's interesting that often celebs can make such bad choices about treatment. The Shah or Iran, Castro, Superman, Tiger Woods are ones that come quickly to mind. Kennedy seems to making good choices though. For all the talk abut patient centered health treatment it assumes that patients make good choices and celebs are very used to having things their way.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    It's interesting that often celebs can make such bad choices about treatment. The Shah or Iran, Castro, Superman, Tiger Woods are ones that come quickly to mind. Kennedy seems to making good choices though. For all the talk abut patient centered health treatment it assumes that patients make good choices and celebs are very used to having things their way.
    I wouldn't even want to start trying to list the number of celebrities who have made bad decisions when it comes to hip surgery. K might be among them if he got a small head, plastic cup total hip replacement -- referred to as the "gold standard" by many orthopods in the U.S. because they don't want to learn new procedures. If he did, he doesn't play racquetball or tennis anymore. Anybody know if he does?

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    I wouldn't even want to start trying to list the number of celebrities who have made bad decisions when it comes to hip surgery. K might be among them if he got a small head, plastic cup total hip replacement -- referred to as the "gold standard" by many orthopods in the U.S. because they don't want to learn new procedures. If he did, he doesn't play racquetball or tennis anymore. Anybody know if he does?
    Saw him playing racquetball in Wilson a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure his hip surgery was way before that.

Gaining a little more ground on BB...but he could just be coasting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Although many of the Duke Rad Onc faculty trained at MGH, I don't think there is anything Duke can offer him for radiation oncology that he can't get at home.
    Agreed, but there's more to it. He HAS to go home because he's never going to find the same caliber of "chowda" in Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    They could get incredible ratings if they didn't stop the fights until one of the fighters was dead. that would just be on regular TV. On pay-per-view they could let the victor cut out the heart of the dead fighter and eat it.
    That's a bit much, I think.

The radio sports shows made a few good points about this - first of all, the world extreme cagefighting (I think that is this league) is like the AAA to UFC's Major league. The UFC fights allow people to go a little farther because the fighters have enough control, stamina and skill to not accidentally cause sever damage. These fighters don't have that much skill.

Also, the British guy should not have been in the cage with his ear like that - either get it treated before the fight (cut it, drain it, do something) or drop. That felt like gratuitous gore waiting to happen - just what people criticize MMA for.

All in all, I hope they put some decent fights on network TV, with fighters known for skill instead of back story. And, for future reference, the title fight should be the top of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    skill to not accidentally cause sever damage.

I don't really thnk they shuld let them fight to the death. But I think if they did it would get very high ratings - such is the state of American television and blood lust.

Was your quote above (emphasis mine) a fruedian slip or a typo?

brain surgery

Radiation is not very sexy or great PR fairly or unfairly brain surgery seems to really capture the public's imagination. Kinda of you go to Duke to get the tough stuff done than go back to Harvard to get the routine easy stuff. For so many of the Harvard people who think that Cambridge is the center of the medical universe, heck the center of the educated universe I know this must pain them greatly. It is thought the intelligent way to look at diseases, no one medical school or system has all the best people though a lot of people think Mayo Clinic, or Johns Hopkins or Harvard is magic

Okay, so I know LBF went after field mice which aren't in the same family as moles (at least not that I could find in my limited research on the subject), but maybe if LBF had a field of moles to haunt it might solve DA's and DMLA's problems.
    Field mice may be wilier than your average suburban mole, so if LBF could catch and bop the mice, then the moles should be no problem. I just wondering if "bopping" serves as enough intimidation to leave my yard and move on to the neighbor's.

(I hope, some day in the distant future, some poor grad student stumbles upon this bizarre set of messages that is the LTE, in some outdated web archive cache somewhere, and has to try to make sense of it. Would they group messages by topic? Come up with a list of abbreviations generated here? It would be quite the dataset for some random study, that's for sure.)

It appears he's come through the surgery okay. AP is reporting that he told his wife, "I feel like a million bucks; think I'll do it again tomorrow."

He also was awake for the procedure... ewww.

Best wishes for a good outcome for the Senator.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Gaining a little more ground on BB...but he could just be coasting.
    I'm going to be busy for the next month or so, so the LTE will have a chance to make some moves.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I don't really thnk they shuld let them fight to the death. But I think if they did it would get very high ratings - such is the state of American television and blood lust.

Was your quote above (emphasis mine) a fruedian slip or a typo?
    Typo

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm giving up being Doug Kistler for this post (756 if I ever catch up with 'Whatever') which is kind of hard. I dated Doug Kistler's son in high school. Yes, he broke my heart, but I still have fond memories of him. A little heartbreak at 15 is good for you.

This is still all in an effort to catch bb. Where are you going, by the way? Or are you just going to be working too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Field mice may be wilier than your average suburban mole, so if LBF could catch and bop the mice, then the moles should be no problem. I just wondering if "bopping" serves as enough intimidation to leave my yard and move on to the neighbor's.

(I hope, some day in the distant future, some poor grad student stumbles upon this bizarre set of messages that is the LTE, in some outdated web archive cache somewhere, and has to try to make sense of it. Would they group messages by topic? Come up with a list of abbreviations generated here? It would be quite the dataset for some random study, that's for sure.)
    Maybe the DBR LTE faithful should show up for a giant game of Whack-a-Mole. Do we have to use heavy sledge hammers or can we use the plastic ones that make the glass breaking sound when you hit things with them?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm going to be busy for the next month or so, so the LTE will have a chance to make some moves.
    Busy? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.