Page 1203 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2037031103115311931201120212031204120512131253130317032203 ... LastLast
Results 24,041 to 24,060 of 67382
    FWIW, my mom gets bothered when people spell her name with a y rather than an ie.

I used to say I didn't mind when people didn't spell my name right as it happened all the time. Then someone started spelling my first name wrong. Turns out, that really annoys me - especially as this person spelled it wrong replying to an email where I had spelled it correctly. Last name not so much.

A brief musical interlude:

Because you are only allowed one video per post:

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Alas, the only song ever written about me, wasn't written about me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVs-d4eBq9k

True story. I met a guy at Duke in my freshman comp class. We never made it to anything more than "say hi on quad" type friends but we always spoke when we saw each other, except, he called me Julie. Others remarked on it. I always said, "He knows who I am, he's just got my name wrong." Finally, one day in the spring of senior year, I was chatting with a mutual friend on the quad and he walked up. Mutual friend said, "Bob, do you know Lisa?" He gave me quite a look and I got to reply, "I'm not Julie, my name is Lisa." For me, it was awesome. And then I told him what I'd told everybody else, you know who I am, you just have the name wrong.

Oh wait - there is a song about me. And tomorrow it will also be a true song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuyHWP_wnM

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    True story. I met a guy at Duke in my freshman comp class. We never made it to anything more than "say hi on quad" type friends but we always spoke when we saw each other, except, he called me Julie. Others remarked on it. I always said, "He knows who I am, he's just got my name wrong." Finally, one day in the spring of senior year, I was chatting with a mutual friend on the quad and he walked up. Mutual friend said, "Bob, do you know Lisa?" He gave me quite a look and I got to reply, "I'm not Julie, my name is Lisa." For me, it was awesome. And then I told him what I'd told everybody else, you know who I am, you just have the name wrong.
    I was introduced to Rich several times freshman year and he kept calling me Mary. I started calling him Mark. Met his parents at a graduation party and they said "so you're Mary". Only proper response was "and you are Mark's parents".

Happy birthday, BD!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Happy birthday, BD!

Yes, and many more to our resident thespian!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I was introduced to Rich several times freshman year and he kept calling me Mary. I started calling him Mark. Met his parents at a graduation party and they said "so you're Mary". Only proper response was "and you are Mark's parents".
    Love it!

Many thanks for the birthday wishes!

I ran the Reebok 10k for Women today (formerly the Tufts Health Plan 10k and before that the Bonne Bell 10k). It was my 13th in a row! Tonight - tapas with some girlfriends as the hubby is in Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Many thanks for the birthday wishes!

I ran the Reebok 10k for Women today (formerly the Tufts Health Plan 10k and before that the Bonne Bell 10k). It was my 13th in a row! Tonight - tapas with some girlfriends as the hubby is in Oregon.
    Enjoy your evening. I saw the invitation to join you on FB - wish I were closer.

Going off the rails on a crazy train...

You’re probably on the right train...one way ticket??

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    You’re probably on the right train...one way ticket??
    Two tickets to paradise...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Two tickets to paradise...
    Mmmmm... Cheeseburger.

Anybody trying the 8 hour diet plan? The intermittent fasting where you only eat during that span, say 10-6, 11-7, etc.

I kind of like it, I guess. Five pounds down so far. I cheat with coffee in the morning but otherwise I'm doing ok.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'